Chapter 25 – Hue
117 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reddish tint of the candles was passing through her closed eyes, and she could hear the muffled sounds of shaky voices coming from around her. Still, her heavy body seemed unable to wake from the slumber. She did not want to wake up and live another nightmare.

But the lasting commotion surrounding her made her curious. So, from the gap of the blankets that covered her, she squinted her eyes in hope of a better look.

Maybe while being unconscious they took the chance to send her away?

But Mirna’s voice reached her ears from the distance. Was she in the room and what is she doing there?

As she opened her eyes a little more, the 8 girls that attacked her were standing in line beside each other and some on their knees with their heads down, looking petrified. It seemed as if the maids lost all the confidence they had before and swapped places with her despair.

She got shivers all over the body from the atmosphere of the room, as if something horrid had taken place before she woke up. That caused her to prefer to stay inside the covers in fear she will get caught into it too, that's why she kept wrapping herself in the blankets that felt soft and secure,

The king was standing still in front of them. His back was all she saw of him.

What’s going on? 

Then a menacing force hit her heart like a fist, it shocked her; she thought it could kill her and called for it to stop. Strangely, it was coming from the king.

Please, no! It’s scary!

With all of her strength, she crept towards him and caught his fist with both of her hands, soon he shot her with a sharp stare, like icy spikes came from his eyes it made her flinch. But she did not let go.

What’s going on? Why? she kept asking herself.

“The butler will deal with all of you,”

“Speare me your greatness!”

Mirna cried with all her might, imploring the king to pardon her. Her body shrank like there was no further strength left in her. Elisi would have never thought that a fierce person would look that way. All of that woman’s pretence disappeared.

“Elisi, please! Tell him to forgive me and have pity on me.” The same person who was tormenting her a few moments ago turned to her for mercy.

Elisi blocked the woman's words with her palms hard on her ears. Then Mirna tried to approach her. She wouldn't let a servant ignore her like that.

Elisi lowered her head towards her knees. She wanted to hide; she did not want to be shamed anymore.

Stop, please stop! She wanted to shout, but then no words will come out of her.

Why can't I be strong like the other heroines and speak my mind? I wish I could tell her to go away and leave me alone.

Elisi tried to rise her head, but the pressure of Mirna’s presence approaching sent an unbearable sensation on her skin.

Thinking of protection, she placed both of her hands around her arms, and as she was about to close her eyes; she saw Mirna flying to the front, almost striking the wall, then fell before she got hurt.

Elisi looked right away at The King who stood with a stoic face. She knew it was him who did that.

He had no emotion towards any of them.

Seeing him employ his power with almost no effort surprised her. It was not the same as reading about it in a book.

“Don’t waste Jeremy’s time!”

Elisi was still on the ground trying to recover from the frightening force she perceived, yet noticed it was restrained before it became worse.

Her gaze could no longer meet Mirna’s. there was no compassion left to offer to the person who hurt her. Elisi laid silent, ignoring her pleads. it was rough ignoring other’s distress; it was hard and bitter. What they did to her she did not want to do to them, yet she knew if she helped them they would not learn not to do that again. It made everything more painful. Now she was afraid of herself.

****

All the maids left. The dim lights made the room warm and dreamy as if what happened before was a foreign nightmare to this place.

Slowly The King approached her, extending his hand to help her stand. She looked up at him. The hue of the room softened the cold look of his eyes and his hair almost seemed purple, as if the flourishing sunset shone on him. He looked all that to her as she reached his hand with hers, like. She didn’t want to leave him. Why did he help her when before he did not notice her?

After Elisi stood up she noticed how small she was buried him, or his body was just like a giant statue of a God.

Nevertheless he walked towards his desk in the middle of her thoughts. And again his back was all she could see, she wanted to meet again his beautiful eyes.

But he stopped before arriving and turned back to her.

“From now on you will be my healer and then move to the next room.”

Elisi just stared at him, did not hear him. He looked dreamy, like the room, so tender. Her wish to see him again came true.

Maybe this time I can be selfish, maybe I can hug him, even if die right by his hands after for touching him, I don't care.

Just for once, she wanted to know his comfort. Just for once, she wanted to know what it was like. She craved a caring hug. With all her strength she walked towards him straggling and he kept standing in his place, looking at her.

Elisi was almost there. He didn't turn away from her not tried to push her.

She could almost touch him, her fingers felt his warmth. Still he didn’t move. Gathering all her power, she slid her frail arms under his and leaned her head on his sturdy chest. Heard his calming heartbeat that set her finally at peace. 

His scent embraced her gently.

It feels safe, so safe I could die Just by that.

5