Chapter 28 – The maid
88 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young girl had entered his room.

She was of average high, slightly taller than his daughter, but her body looked so small like she could break at any moment. Her hair was under a cup, but the few strands coming out seemed curly and dark.

Was it Sebastian’s maid?

Soon he saw her making waving motions on the wall, trying to locate the magic switch.

He still had headaches, and even the limited light coming from the gap of the door already bothered his eyes. The last thing he needed was for her to turn on the lights.

“If you turn on the lights, I will kill you.”

In less than a second, she stood firm, like a soldier. His voice took her by surprise.

Then she asked.

“How can I clean in the darkness?”

“....”

How could that little thing dare to talk back to him like that, and how come she thought he would order her to do such a nonsensical task?

The best was to let her go for the day.

“Close the door”

He has set his arm on his forehead and closed his eyes. Even though she already shut the door, he faintly felt her nervous presence lingering.

Dalion turned his head and when opened one eye he saw her standing like a wet duck waiting for an order.

Dealing with maids was absolutely something he loathed doing, but he could tell it terrified her to open the door again and get scolded.

Dalion could not just yell and daunt her. She belonged to Sebastian before, and he didn’t want to get reprimanded for being abusive by an old grandpa.

“What time is it now?”

“Ten in the morning, my majesty.”

My majesty? but it was better to not correct her.

She seemed to follow his voice and got closer to him with tiny, scared steps.

She was about to hit the table, but his warning came too late. She showed pain on her face, but no sound or complaint escaped out of her. It must have hurt, he thought.

“Maybe I should leave you to rest.”

There was no way she could exit the chamber with no light. He was lazy to use any magic to guide her to the door again.

Dalion sat down and extended his hand toward her’s. She immediately flinched at his touch. Soon after, sought to release herself, but he grabbed her harder and led her to the seat beside him.

There was no time for games of tug and war. He just wanted to rest.

Her presence was so small it didn’t bother him one bit.

all of a sudden it became so bright, the lively colours of the room gave a safety sensation.

Looking closely, it wasn’t his room; it was his mothers.

He walked towards her bed while admiring how the rays of sunshine made everything whimsical. The light of the sun made the dust look like the fairies sprinkled their magic all around.

She was awake, so he hopped on her, pretending the canopy to be their magic tent. Then dragged himself closer, placing his little body inside her arms, because every morning she would hug him back.

Dalion heard her breathing heavily, as if her spirit left with every breath. It didn’t feel right.

“Mom!”

His voice sounded worried.

“My little dandelion, please stay strong.”

She took the child’s thin hand, wrapping her’s around and looking at him so sadly.

“I'm sure you will....”

She waited for him. He knew that to the point of trying his best to hold his tears. His mother shouldn’t see him so broken in her last moments. He needed to show her he was strong.

But it was hard.

Mom!!!!"

His little face glistened with tears, but somehow his grief was taken away.

A carrying hand caressed him so gently, made him calm, absorbing his pain. It was as if someone shared the burden with him by lifting it just for a while.

Although he woke up from the ever repeating nightmare, he made sure to not move.

It was the maid who caused him to be like that and he was afraid that if he moved, she would get startled and stop, so he simply let her continue because he wanted more.

On a whim, he captured her hand and wouldn’t let her go when she tried to back away. How come she eased his pain and stopped his nightmare?

Who is she? Even though she had a busy mind, he restrained himself from reading her. He was not ready to find out yet. He wanted to stretch this moment longer. Anyhow, he already asked Jeremy to look farther into her.

Although her hands were a somewhat rough to the touch, there was no softer thing for him.

His eyes closed again, and then something was pressing down on his shoulder. When he turned his head, a cute thing was snoozing on him.

He gradually removed himself, trying not to interrupt, and got up to open the curtains.

The light still troubled him, but not as much as the day before, it’s been long since he was able to sleep, even if it was only for a short time, it was more than he could ask.

He looked at her, but her sleep didn’t seem to be disturbed by the bright light filling the entire suite.

Approaching her in silence, he bended beside her.

Tilting his head he spoke to her.

“How can you sleep so calmly during work?”

His glance became intense.

“Did Sebastian send you?”

Dalion leaned towards the clueless sleeping maid.

“Are you a healer? Maybe I could take you now...” He thought as he moved his lips towards her bare neck.

But he stopped himself. Being scolded by that old man again is not an image he wanted to see again.

Anyway, when did I become a vampire?

He chuckled to himself

Taking a pillow from beside her, he set it under her head with care and left the room.

Perhaps he should meet his butler and find more about her.

4