Chapter 33 – The temple
132 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning when he woke up, he had a minor argument with Jeremy.

The butler warned him he shouldn’t let her stay in his room any longer.

Dalion, of course, was aware of that, but her condition was getting worse. No way he could send her away while her body continuously shivered.

Still, Jeremy was right.

Even if the staff knew he was sick, his sudden change of heart about a maid taking care of him looked suspicious to the others.

They needed to promote her to a position without raising more suspicion.

Maybe they still had some time since Jeremy told him things didn’t get too bad in the kitchen, but nevertheless there seemed to be some hostility towards Elisi.

If it wasn’t because of the trip he needed to take in a few days, he would have been able to gain more time to transfer her.

If he made such change too abruptly, the rumor would no longer stay in the workers’ chambers, but a nasty rumor like her being his concubine would spread to the other houses as well.

Being a king meant eyes were always on him, and he couldn’t drag an innocent girl into his mess.

People who knew he was slightly sick probably didn't have many questions about his illness because he has sent correspondence as normal under his handwriting.

Too many thoughts were running through his mind while looking at her being in distress.

“Elisi wake up”

Even though at night she was able to calm down, now trembled while saying incoherent things.

There was nothing he could do for her. He is not a healer and magic won’t help in this state.

“Call the healer and Sebastian.”

Were those words coming out of him? Since when does he care to call a healer?

He is not making any sense lately.

She turned to be more important than his destain for those things; he came to realize it.

How come he felt that way?

Jeremy went out to the task.

He faced her again when she started mumbling.

“Hug...”

The same nightmare might have been tormenting her once again.

Although he thought she should stay in the comfort of his bed, he needed to move her to the divan before the healer came.

Her body shivered while talking gibberish.

The body in his arms appeared fragile. Elisi was still in her maid’s uniform, her long dark hair almost soaked in sweat stuck on her forehead.

Her skin was hot, yet her pure rosy cheeks lost all color.

Dalion was afraid the healer would contact the temple therefore, they would take her elsewhere for training, and if that happened God knows when she would come back.

The only way anybody could become a healer was to train there, especially if they were to work for an important household.

His heart was pounding thinking about the uncertainty of what’s coming.

Now he needed to think of a plan to convince the healer not to report on her, or at least gain some time.

Her touch always calmed his nervousness and his nightmares. Why couldn’t he do the same for her?

Without noticing, in a short time he grew to be intrigued by her, he became addicted to her presence. Her voice, her eyes, her eyes were always a signal of peace to him.

The idea of not having her no more made his body feel heavy.

He sat down beside her. His gaze was fixed on her.

With his sleeve he cleaned the little drops gathering on her forehead and then passed his fingers on her long locks, moving her bangs to the side.

Why would she do so this for him?

“I’m not worth it...”

Her suffering was his fault.

His hand craved to touch her more, carry this pain away, but he halts himself.

“Sebastian, you came!”

The mage nodded.

“The healer will take her away...” Dalion said in a low voice.

“You don’t wish to?”

Damn old man, I won’t answer.

Soon Jeremy knocked on the door.

“Orion is here my lord,”

“Your majesty,” the healer bowed, “I came here to serve your majesty"

“....”

“What is it I can do for my lord, it’s quite unusual for his majesty to call me.”

Sebastian stepped in.

“Actually, is not the king you’ll be attending, but the maid,”

The healer got closer, squinting his eyes in confusion. As he moved to the side a sleeping lady revealed herself in front of him.

Quite cute, he might say, not the typical kind the monarch would keep by his side, not that he kept many.

She was pale, quivering with sweat.

Her condition seemed dire, to say the least.

“What has happened to her? This is not a usual cold,”

Orion kneeled beside Elisi and the king, who showed hostility towards him. He arrived here to help. Why does the king keep staring at him like that?

He felt he would be in danger if he made any wrong move towards her, causing him to feel anxious to be in this room that he wanted to leave. Still, he played calm.

He needed to assess her first. He brought some medicine he made just in case.

He put his palm on top, and the king grabbed his hand strongly right away.

“If I don’t do it, I won’t be able to help her.”

He was released and put his hand over her again.

It was a familiar feeling.

His face suddenly showed shock.

“She is a healer!”

The room reminded silent.

“I need to inform the temple!”

4