Chapter 39 – A New Room
71 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She entered with Jeremy to a new room. She never entered to another chamber beside the king’s and now this one is just next to his.

“This will be your room from today.”

- What did he say?

“And from today, Nela will be your maid.”

- Again, what did he say?

“My lady, I’m Nela. I’ll be your maid from now on. I am at you service for anything you’ll need”

- Yes?

“It’s ok I’ll go back to my room”

“Haven’t you heard the king?”

Elisi looked at Jeremy with her big, clueless eyes.

“Have mercy on me,” he sighted “you cannot go back to serve downstairs after what happened, therefor you will work only as his king’s healer, more like a pretend apprentice of the main healer while you'll be attending classes with his grand mage Sebastian his grandson”

“Should I have been calling Sebastiana his grand mage Sebastian, all this time? How should I call Tiago?”

“Yes”

- What did he just say? Is he talking about me?

“His majesty’s healer?”

“Finally, you got there!”

“That is why, from now on, this will be your room. You will be treated as a healer, is a heavy title… so you know.… although, for now is only within the castle, so don’t talk too much about it”

She understood what he said now, however; it was still hard for his words to sink in.

Is this gorgeous room hers? it has a wooden bed with painted hints of gold, luminous embroidered curtains, lots of carved storage space and an elegant vanity.

It was a fairy tale room with the prettiest of decorations.

“This is all yours now, my lady. Please enjoy it… of course, if you want anything else, please inform Nela about it. I will leave for now.”

She looked at the door closed and was awkwardly left alone with the maid.

Elisi did not know how to start a conversation. Of course, she could not let Lana go away or she would jeopardize the maid's job.

But Elisi, who just a few days ago was a maid herself, didn’t know what to do with one.

“You can just pretend…”

The maid interrupted her before she could finish and grabbed Elisi on her shoulders as she guided her to sit down beside her vanity.

“I can’t do that…. Come here. We need to do something about that hair of yours. You can’t present yourself like that.”

Her hair was messy, with random strings hanging. Also, her uniform was still ripped from the previous fight.

Elisi got shocked and embarrassed when she saw herself in the mirror.

The maid wetted her hair and gently cut it. The length could not be salvaged, and it was now hardly reaching her shoulders, something that was unusual for the women in this time.

“Those little bangs look nice on you.”

She never had her hair this short before. She was too lazy to cut her own hair back then. Now her head felt so much lighter. It was a weird feeling somehow.

"Now that you hair is done, please take a bath my lady, I already prepared it"

- It's so strange to be called my lady.

The bath had petals and dry flower floating; it was like those fancy baths in hotel commercials; she passed her fingers on the warm watter... doing just that put a smile on her face.

"Let me take your clothing and then I'll bath you."

"Ah, it's fine"

Gettig naked in front of someone else, was not something she did before and didn't think she could feel accustomed to that either.

The maid saw elisi gripping on her clothing and could tell the healer didn't seem comfortable with the idea of being helped with the bath.

"Maybe I'll just wash your hair. Please let me know when you finish, put a towel on yourself and I'll come"

The healer nodded.

This past hour seemed surreal to elisi. She was trying to figure out what was going on.

A new room, having a maid, being an official healer. what did all that mean? Although she read the story, this was all new. Nothing like the book.

After the maid finished washing her hair, Elisi stayed in the bath for a little longer, but the water was getting cold and sadly, she needed to get out. So she put on her robe and got out of the room.

The maid grabbed her hand and rushed towards the closet.

"Here are your dresses. They are mostly light colors since that's how healers prefer"

- Waaaa, they are so beautiful!!!

Elisi put on a creamy embroidered long dress. She felt dressed like a goddess and was trying her best not to giggle in happiness. She looked in the mirror and swirled slightly.

Then a knock was heard.

"The king is asking for his healer"

"I will make her a ready and my lady will be there in a few minutes"

4