Chapter 42 – Good Morning, Elisi.
95 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good morning!!!”

A cheerful voice woke her up from her comfortable sleep. Her body felt wrapped by a fluffy cloud. It was hard to believe that from now on she could relax on this bed every day.

The maid, with her lively demeanor, opened the curtains for the welcome of the morning sun, then moved around to the prepare the room for the awakening of her lady.

“Here is a bowl of clean water to wash your face and then do your hair,”

The girl seemed to have noticed she wanted to dress herself, at least for the undergarments.

Elisi exposed her feet under the blankets, gathering some bravery to lift the rest of it. After wards she reached for the pretty washing station. There was a jar with its handle shaped in random flower and bowl with painted roses. Beside a carefully folded towel, everything was on a laced table cloth.

“They will bring your breakfast shortly.” Nela said.

Elisi did not notice her entering again. She was too busy marveling at the charming things around.

“Breakfast here?”

Her stomach still felt full from yesterday’s dinner. Sebastian and Tiago organized a modest feast for her and wouldn’t take no for an answer when she refused more bites. It was the first time she ate such a sizeable amount of food, for sure it would be impossible to gobble like that again. Eating that way really caused her to feel slightly sick afterwards.

“Are you enjoying your current accommodation, my lady?”

“Yes, it’s beautiful,” dreamlike, she thought.

“Is there anything you need? Please, don’t be shy to ask. You can also ask for things you don’t want”

Elisi just looked down at the side while her hair was being brushed gently.

“All this is unfamiliar to me. Will you teach me the proper way to talk to people?”

“Of course, but in that case it would be better to have an etiquette teacher.”

“No, that is fine,”

“I’ll try my best in that case.”

Elisi forgot to ask Sebatian the day before, but maybe it was preferable to ask Nela after all.

After she finished up dressing, her meal came. Sadly, she wasn’t able to finish. therefore asked her maid if they could make it smaller next time. It would be a shame to waste a meal. Perhaps with time, she could get used to eating more.

After that, they instructed her to go to the king’s room around ten.

The small little red box was on top of her vanity. She made her best to wrap it like a cute present. Her presents were never accepted in her previous life, she hoped he won’t refuse it.

As the most precious thing. She picked it up and headed to his place.

*********

She stood by the king’s door, peeking inside to see if he was there, but to her disappointment, the chamber was empty.

Then her feet edged towards his work space while holding dearly the gift she made the day before, while thinking that it might be too embarrassing to give it to him directly in person.

Somehow, she felt relieved by that thought. Facing him directly was too intimidating, especially if he were to refuse her present. Maybe it was possible to leave it there for him to notice it later.

She was wondering where to put it so he could find the item easily.

A small box on his desk caught her eye. Maybe that’s a good option?

Slowly, she opened the lead, plotting to stick her present inside.

That’s when she heard the door open.

Dalion stood in front of the entrance like a great raging guard.

“What the hell are you doing!?”

She has done a grave mistake.

5