Afterword
1.6k 17 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to click on the "next chapter" button for the epilogue/extras.

Announcement

end.png

Now the story has come to an end, we can leave those two lovebirds to fuck like rabbits do whatever they want to do.

What's next?

I'll post extra chapters! The first one will be published next Sunday, August 22.

How is this the end when there are more chapters?

Chapter 87 is the real ending. I consider the story up to now as canon. However, I want to spend time exploring certain ideas that don't take place in the main storyline. You'll find out what I mean when I start publishing the extras.

Plus, I just wanna have fun with it, you know? I'll write without worrying if it will slow down the main plot's pacing because the next chapters will be extras.

I hope you enjoyed this story. Please let me know if there are any errors.

Thanks for reading!

Afterword

As I scrolled down and wrote the words "The End," I felt both happy and melancholic. Happy because I'd accomplished what I set out to do: write a full-length novel. Melancholic because it seemed as though a very fun chapter of my life was also ending.  

I started writing this story on December 16, 2020 as a way of coping with the pandemic. One day, I just thought to myself “if only someone could be isekai’d into our world to magically solve this crisis!” and this novel was born.

(Isekai is the Japanese word for “another world.” It’s commonly used in illustrated Japanese young adult books, also called “light novels.”)

Of course, I eventually decided to do the reverse - my main character is a person from our world who dies of COVID-19 and agrees to help end a pandemic in another world full of magic and monsters.

I spent a few months writing, then...

March 24, 2021: Oh glorious day! I finished writing my first novel.

It was just the first draft, so I wanted to get some feedback and maybe exposure for myself. I feel extremely lucky that I found a way to get people to do that.

I’d been reading a bunch of English fan-translated Asian novels at the Novelupdates (NU) website when I came across NU’s sister site, Scribblehub, which was for original stories. Then I heard about Royal Road from Scribblehub.

Here were two websites full of readers who seemed to like to read stories that were similar to Japanese light novels! I felt that my work would fit right in with the other isekai stories.

And that’s where I ended up! That's where I am right now. I’m glad that I was able to share my first novel with readers at Scribblehub and Royal Road.

What’s next?

  1. I’ll publish some extras for this novel.
  2. I’m working on my next novel.

Thank you very much for reading my story.

 

Author's Note to the Author's Afterword:

Hi guys, as you no doubt know, the life and death of stories on this website is 100% dependent on its statistics. Specifically, the follower count, ratings, and reviews matter the most.

I hope that I will get more reviews now that "I'm Overpowered, but..." is complete. 

Thanks in advance to everyone who posts a review!

~~~

My first book is now available on Amazon.

Early access chapters are available for as little as $1 on my Patreon.

67