Chapter 25 Albert Wesker
1.2k 24 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ML POV

Stepping through the gate I felt my body became weightless. The light around me was devoured entirely by the pure darkness that was the void. My senses were swallowed by the emptiness and silence of this void, but I could still 'feel' my way around. 『What is this place』 I wondered while walking in a direction I assumed to be forward. 

[This is the Void. An independent space that exists outside of all dimensions yet connects them all. The hosts have established 2 Rift Gates making it possible to travel between worlds. Of course, you can choose not to enter a world with a Rift Gate and fall into a random world.

A timely response to my question. I noticed that the system was a little different. It was a vague feeling, but it was there nonetheless. The system felt the suspicions from me and went on to explain the changes it underwent. I was rather surprised to find such a drastic change, especially in regards to the Passive and Active Evolution. Checking out my status and sub-status, there wasn't anything I wanted to improve right now... 

『No, there is.』 

By the stories Juno shared, even with the endurance and resistance I naturally have with my evolution, it doesn't sound like enough to survive the world she's in right now. What if I entered a world more dangerous? I'd essentially be walking towards my death. Thus, I assigned points as follows. 

Status
Titles: Awakened 
Name: Jun
Race: Tyrant Xenomorph 
Height: 10.5ft
Length: 16-20ft
STR: 350/350 (350+350)
END: 400/400 (400+400)
DEX: 100/100 (150+100)
VIT: 400/400 (400+400)
WIS: 0/50 (65)
Evo Points: 1,177 -> 638
DNA points: 23

What left a bad taste in my mouth was how long I had been sleeping. Juno was a whole evolution ahead of me and had gained a new skill; Acidic Claws. The name was self-explanatory so there wasn't a need to analyze how and why it worked, but it still made me envious. We had once asked why we didn't have the same evolutions if we shared the System, to which it responded that the DNA is stored inside us. How was something we ate supposed to be inside someone else? This meant that we couldn't travel to different worlds but still gain evolutions and skills from those worlds without being there. Yet another limitation to the System, but it refuted that it was only an Assistant many times. I ignored the sub-status since they were already maxed and I hadn't enough EVO points to upgrade them. 

Skills
Berserker: Burns vitality for increased physical strength. 0/100 (1%)

This was perfect. I hadn't had the chance to use it since I fell asleep after leaving the Resident Evil world.

Berserker: 0/100 (7%) 
EVO points: 638 -> 38
DNA points 23-> 17

Very simple interface, but I had a feeling it would become quite a headache in the future...

Standing in front of the only world connected in the Void, I contemplated if it was really needed to re-enter the Resident Evil world. 

『T-Virus...』 

I confirmed that it was worth a shot to return. If I obtain the T-Virus and use it on myself, I should be able to get a decent power-up. But how to obtain it is another matter. If Juno were to take on the task, it'll be over before the sun sets, but with my large frame and pale skin, I don't think id be able to make it past the front gates. How was I to do this... 

『Huh?』 

What surprised me was that the usual void-like Rift was now clear as crystal with the other side in view. What I saw was various machines and cables connected to the Rift Gate with scientists panicking and soldiers approaching the gate, aiming their weapons at me. Or more accurately, they were aiming at the center of the Rift. It didn't seem like they could see me, so the Rift was most likely a one-sided mirror. 

『Umbrella? I guess I won't have to think about how to get the T-Virus anymore.』 

Several minutes earlier, on the other side of the Rift

"Sir, our machines have detected abnormal fluctuations coming from the Gate"
【It's about time. Call in all forces stationed in the vicinity to welcome our Guest】
"Understood"

Albert Wesker. The name of the one issuing orders and an important figure within the Umbrella Corporation awaited my arrival outside the Rift Gate. Hundreds of soldiers surrounded the empty white space pointing their guns at the gate. 

ML POV 

I remembered the man standing outside the rift to be Wesker. A small sense of danger was coming from Wesker, but not enough to scare me away. Conventional weapons won't work on me, and now with my maxed stats even small missiles will only leave a small scratch. Evaluating our strengths, it was determined that I had a higher chance of victory. 

Brrrrr!

A barrage of bullets assaulted my body the second I stepped out from the gate. Unsurprisingly, the bullets had no effect whatsoever, aside from the sparks generated from contact on my body. I ran at full speed directly towards Wesker who had raised an eyebrow but still stood there calmly. 

Swoosh 

Wesker who was in front of me disappeared from my sight and appeared behind me with a syringe in hand and an ominous liquid squirming inside it. 

Stab 

What he didn't expect was for me to use my telepathic ability, freezing him momentarily. Though the time he paused was minuscule to the point of not freezing at all, that small opening was all that I needed to counter-attack him. His body that was shooting towards my back was stabbed through by my tail. 

【Do you honestly think this would stop me...?】 

Wesker who was hanging on my tail tried to pull himself off. But how could I let him do as he pleased now that he's so close to me? I held his shoulders and... ripped his head off with my mouth. 

Crunch... crunch... swallow 

All gunfire stopped with his sudden death and it was extremely silent. The only sound within this room was the sound of me chewing on Wesker's head and the blood gushing out from his neck hitting the cold floor. 

『Thanks for the meal』

Time passed quickly and it was only until I had completely killed everyone within the facility that I noticed a few system prompts in my head.

[Next stage of Evolution available. Begin Evolution?] 

『Of course』

My skin molted and fell to the floor leaving behind a pristine white bio-mechanical exoskeleton and standing at a much taller height. What was the most awkward about this evolution though, was the constant changes to my head. With the removal of my tongue, half the size of my head had shrunk, but right after a small head crest extending outwards and curving to a hook grew on the sides of my skull, like a crown. 

Status
Titles: Prince — Awakened
Name: Jun
Race: Progenitor Alien
Height: 12.5ft
Length: 18-22ft
STR: 650 
END: 800
DEX: 250
VIT: 800
WIS: 115
Evo Points: 15
DNA points: 17

I simplified the status again since the limit will always be at 100 (requiring 1000 to reset the limit) until their stats hit 1000, then the limit would increase to 1000 (requiring 10,000 to reset the limit, and repeat the process indefinitely.) That is if I don't decide on a different way for the status in the future. Oh yes, sorry to any Resident Evil fans for weskers quick death. I just couldn't think of anything interesting to write about in this fight. Also, SKYRIM received the most votes for the next world, and that will be coming up real soon so look forward to it. I had something else to say but forgot, so ill edit it in once I remember. Thanks for reading!

48