Chapter 1: Going home.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't be sad. Not having a spiritual device doesn't make you useless." Lara said this to her childhood friend Eshaal. Esha nodded her head looking sad.

"You should focus more on your studies. Its your last year of college. So work hard and stop thinking about these things." Said Edd too.

"You are right. By the way thank you for dropping me home. "Esha said.

Eshaal was a college student. She turned eighteen last month but still didn't get a spiritual device of her own. Her parents were teachers and they both had their own spiritual devices. She lived in a world where all gifted people would get a spiritual device by the age of fifteen. She had already lost all hope of getting a spiritual device of her own but whenever she would see her classmates talking about their spiritual devices she would get depressed. Fortunately her parents always supported her even though they were both gifted and expected her to be a gifted too. They always said that she would get a spiritual device of her own sooner or later.

Her parents were really busy these days. They also told her to be careful and to not come home alone. Lara and Edd were her childhood friends and neighbors so she could only trust them and come home with them.

Thinking about her parents she was a little worried. They seemed to be acting weird these past few days. Looking worried and being overly conscious about her safety.

"You don't have to thank us. We are family alright?" Lara's voice brought her back to reality.

"Right." Edd said too.

"Ok Ok guys." Esha smiled. Edd parked the car in front of her house. She got off the car and waved her hand saying Bye.

''Bye'' ''Take care''. They both said in unison and left. They lived in the same neighborhood.

She turned and looked for keys in her bag. Her parents won't be at home at this time. It was already past 3 pm and they won't come home before 8 pm. Maybe mom would come home early today. She said she would prepare something special for tonight's dinner. Eshaal thought while unlocking the door. It was her parents 20th wedding anniversary and they were going to celebrate it tonight. I should have prepared a gift. Esha said to herself while walking into the house.

She directly went to her room, Changed her clothes and decided to go kitchen and see if there was anything to eat. She wasn't feeling good and didn't want to eat anything but she didn't had anything to eat at college either. She stopped in front of her parents rooms before going to the kitchen. She was having a strange feeling. Esha entered the room and what she saw made her unable to move.

Her parents bodies were laying on the floor surrounded by a pool of blood. Her hand holding the door knob fell. She wanted to scream but her voice got stuck in her throat...

0