Chapter 17 **Tradgedy in Process**
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Right formula…” The second person muttered, frowning at Oscar. “Almost feels like a dream, that’s how long we’ve been looking for it!”

Shaking his head, the person sat down next to Oscar and muttered, “We’re close! We have to be! We’ve tried nearly everything! It’s gotta be the true formula that works soon, it’s got to be!”

“Let…Let me go!” Oscar let out, now breathing rather rapidly now.

The quiet conversation going on with the overly aged man sitting beside him made things even more dramatic for Oscar, as he realized what was going on…And who he might have already become to this crazy person!

…Not to mention what the crazy people stated!

He didn’t want to believe it! How could he!?

Let’s just get out of this place first!

 

The second person, who seemed to be the Master here, frowned, “Calm down! We won’t kill you…Not on purpose anyway…”

Swallowing and continuing to struggle with no seen or feeling to being let lose in any way, Oscar was really starting to become anxious, his breathing getting even more quicker!

No! I had…I wasn’t a sex slave anymore! I wasn’t a work slave anymore! I had only just started liking Aubrey and my new life! I can’t…I don’t want to be here! I don’t want to be an…Experimental…Subject…Or whatever it’s called! I don’t want to!

 

“Dam it! Calm down!”

As Oscar went into a dizziness and was losing his consciousness, the ‘Master’ finally felt like there was a need to do something!

Rushing over to the table, that wasn’t too far away, he picked up a rare and hard to find ‘needle’ and turned back to Oscar, immediately inserting the needle into Oscar’s skin.

After giving the dosage to Oscar, the second person watched as the body before him was finally settling down and slowly going back to breathing normally once again.

 

Sitting down in a huff, the ‘Master’ sighed and put the needle down.

He’d only ever used it twice before now, that was how new it was!

Admitting that the desired outcome of the patient really did come a lot quicker, well quicker then doing things the older way, it did make buying this needle worth it!

The problem now was that they didn’t know if what they were going to experiment with was going to be painful or any other type of symptoms that needed to be ‘said’.

The ‘master’ can only hope that the patient doesn’t go into hysterics upon waking and actually helps them instead!

 

“He fell asleep, Master?”

“Forced. It seems he may be like the first one.” The ‘Master’ stated, grapping something off the tray that his apprentice came over with.

“Ah, she hadn’t helped us much! Here…”

The ‘Master’ took what his apprentice held out and in no time a small amount of blood was now dripping into a bowl onto the side from Oscar.

“Bleed him for short time and make sure he eats and drinks. I don’t want him to die like the first one did when we haven’t had a pregnant Omega for so long!”

With that, the ‘Master’ left the apprentice to probably go tend to another ‘patient’, which left the apprentice sighing but went on with his work…

 

***

 

Derek slammed his fist onto his desk and wanted to throw more of a tantrum.

“Master, did you not say that this may happen?” Scott said, cringing to Derek’s kick of his chair and seeing it glide over the floor and hit the wall.

“I know! I just…I just didn’t think it would happen straight away! It was like he knew I would go and see Xander, like a tease, only to make sure that he was the only one with the key afterwards! It just makes me so frustrated that he could act that way! Aren’t parents supposed to dote on their children!?”

Frowning to the memory of seeing his father the night after Xander had been taken, after his father had returned from who knows where, Derek took a deep breath in attempt to soothe some of his anger.

 

His father had played around the subject of Xander, just like every other time, yet this time he seemed all happy about it!

And all his father’s attitude did was make Derek more and more angry!

His father had showed absolute resolve to keep Xander under his wing and to never return him, basically stating all this with a smile and with a look that said, ‘I’m keeping him alive, so praise me!’

Derek clenched his hands to the shock he still felt over his father’s words and actions, knowing now that he still wasn’t ready to fight against him!

Dammit! When!? When will I be able to handle another Alpha like an enemy and not let them get to me!?

Punching the desk again, Derek sat down in a huff and sighed.

Closing his eyes, he saw his short comings and noted them down!

 

He will get better! He will learn!

After all, he was still young, he was still somewhat inexperienced…

Opening his eyes, Derek saw what mess he had just made and realized that this was one thing that he needed to mature up with!

His anger needs to be held in, it needs to be something that he can work around!

“Next time I act like this Scott, tell me that you’ll call my father in to scold me!” Derek stated harshly.

He needed a firm kick in the butt or at least a good reason why he shouldn’t act like this again!

If his father would come here to ‘scold’ him…Argh, he’d be going backwards! Which meant, he just gave himself no other choice but to no longer take tantrums!

 

Seeing what he had done, and how he had acted, even just now, he wasn’t ready!

But he had to ready himself and now, not tomorrow, not next week…Now!

Because Xander…His little Omega…

“Master?”

Derek raised his head to look at Scott, and nodded, “I mean it, I need to stop acting this way! If I act like this, an immature brat, then treat me like one!”

Scott stared at Derek in shock.

 

Picking up some stuff from the floor, Derek stopped when holding a book, “Do you think he could read in that dark place?”

“…Probably not, Master. If I remember correctly it was too dark to read there, but with a light...” Scott replied, pretty sure on what his master was talking about, even though there weren’t any names mentioned.

Derek held the book a bit tighter and said, “A light could easily be seen…But…It wasn’t the middle of the day though, what if it gets brighter just with the sun?”

“If you remember, Master, the place was built underground. The sun would not reach into the place as it didn’t have a window.” Scott held in a smile and looked at his master, seeing him act more mature and so quickly!

 

Just a few months ago there would have been no chance of Derek accepting that he was still acting a bit like a brat. Granted he was more mature then a lot his age but for him to acknowledge this was another matter entirely! Since Xander had returned to his Master’s side, he has had to grow very quickly. He still had to reign in his anger but otherwise, he was thinking of another so much that he was almost a completely different person!

It was…A Master that he wanted to see! A Master that he was proud of!

 

“I think…He used to like the stories with adventure. Pick a few adventure books and bring them to me. Maybe we can attempt to get him a light…So that he can read them…Father…Father probably won’t do anything and may even think I’ve accepted this outcome so, let’s not worry about the light being seen.”

So far, with the small amount of things that Derek had been able to give Xander, none of it had been take away so…Derek, trying to wonder what his father is thinking, thinks that perhaps his father is thinking that he has accepted this outcome and probably doesn’t care about these small things…

Not wanting to make a mistake though, Derek didn’t want to push it too far but…Why else would his father not care?

He comes across as though he has all the power and that he’s already won!

My father had the key and could by rights even move Xander to another location just to tease or anger me some more, but he hasn’t…

 

Was his father feeling so casual and confident so that he felt like he didn’t have to do too much?

As it was, Derek had gotten someone to watch over the area around Xander, just in case he would be moved by his father but, so far, the man had not been needed…

He just…He could never understand what his father is thinking!

To a certain degree, Derek was indeed right!

Norman really didn’t think he had anything to worry about when it came to Xander. As long as the slave got fed and survived to give birth, Norman felt like Xander being locked in that cell, where he had the key, was it. But, where Derek thought his father cared more about Xander, his father actually didn’t.

As far as he was concerned, Xander was something in the past and something he shouldn’t have to worry about for another couple of months…Just like an animal.

So…Derek probably put too much thought into the detail upon his father and how he thought of Xander…

 

With a sigh, Derek placed the book in his hands back onto his desk and then looked out the window. He had already seen Xander once and as much as Xander might say that he was alright, Derek still wished to get him out of there.

My family is stuck, and what am I doing!? Come on, Derek, get them out!

With those thoughts, Derek sat down and went into deep thought.

He never used to go into deep thoughts before, only to do so when it came to his inn. He had dreamt about Xander but not gone into this state of thought were his mind was busy coming up with ideas, so there was a difference!

 

Sadly, he had not had to train his mind so much when young, so coming up with ideas with his inn was actually quite taxing!

Now…Now that he had gone through some failures, Derek had a better way now of bringing his ideas and pretend ‘plays’ in his mind.

He knows now that he had to get into the mind of his opponent, and for that, he obviously has to know his opponent.

Which had led him to have to watch his own father discretely.

Since his father had not been here a lot, Derek had been able to investigate his father’s office, only to find that his father left very little personal things there.

 

Actually, his father was indeed a bit of a mystery.

He didn’t talk all that much, unless he had guests. He didn’t teach him anything and didn’t have those fatherly camp outs or hunting that some other children might have with their parents…

No, Derek could only shake his head to realize that really, to him, his father was only a name. He could not place a feeling to his father at all…

And that only made him realize that this was indeed a good fact, now that Derek was to go against him.

Since they had not much between them, then they wouldn’t lose much to become enemies, and that…Derek wouldn’t feel so bad and lose courage, which of course will only make things harder or stop his goal from being reached. Well…This was what Derek could see anyway…

 

Another factor, about his father, was that he didn’t know his father’s origins…

After all this time of living with his father, his mother as well…Derek does not know where his father came from! Even the skill of somehow getting all sorts of animals to become tame, that kind of talent hasn’t been seen by Derek elsewhere…It was probably no wonder that they were good with money because of how rare it was to find such an animal tamer…

There had been a few elder deep thinkers into this, a few knowing for certain and the rest questioning but Norman, not only being an Alpha but also that of an animal tamer, gave out his true origins. It is said that a particular royal family used to live with all sorts of animals but…Obviously they had died and for those few that know for certain upon who Alpha Norman really is, they treat him well and keep the secret…Keeping the secret though is not needed, as the Alpha King of Spanniddy already knows anyway. And if Norman had nothing to offer, Norman would have died a long time ago! In fact, some animals that Norman has tamed are ones that are keeping watch over a few restricted areas, which actually comes in handy if the ‘tamer’ wants to come and check the place out!

 

Nonetheless, Derek, a newer generation, knows very little and what he does know, doesn’t give him any type of idea upon who his father might be or where he might have come from!

…What if he has a grandfather on his father’s side?

His mother’s father had passed away but what if he had missed the chance of knowing his father’s father?
What if they should have been in another country and left…Left because an Alpha had told them too? Like blackmail or something?

Yet…As much as Derek thought this as a mystery, he had to admit that right now, it was not important!

Was his father’s heritage going to help him get Xander out of that cell?

No…

 

And so, Derek had to continue to discretely follow his father and try to find out any type of news about him.

Weakness…That was indeed a way to get at his father but…Was he ready to do that?

Was he ready to take his father’s weakness and use it to get what he wants, whatever that weakness is?

Derek thought of Xander, and how his Xander was his weakness…And then Xander being treated poorly to get himself to do whatever someone else wanted and cringed to the idea of it.

It really wasn’t looking good!

Xander, his weakness, was already with his so called ‘enemy’!

So…Derek had to make sure to come up with another way to obtain the key and get his father to never use Xander as his weakness!

The easiest idea…That Derek found after that…Was to just kill his father…

But wouldn’t that make him just as bad as all the other Alpha’s and others who are taking advantage of the Omega’s?

Then…How was he going to get Xander, keep Xander safe and then bring back Omega’s safely and not lose?

Was there…Even a way?

 

***

 

Oscar screamed…If he was just screaming because of pain, it would be alright but…It was also a scream to the knife that was carving around the place that his so-called unborn child could be.

He wanted to get away from the knife but obviously he couldn’t!

Stuck in place, the knife was slow, making the pain ever so unbearable but of course, it seems the ‘Master’ was being very careful.

Having come so far when everything was such a mystery, the ‘Master’s’ face was showing more and more strangeness to it as the days passed…They could feel it, that they were getting close now with this new third ‘test’ that they had arranged!

With the previous pregnant Omega, they had cut into the body but not that of the baby area, but this time that was the ‘test’. This was what they thought would finally make the product successful!

 

At first it was still quite a weird thought, of cutting into a person, but they had not gone very far still with the process of the Breeding Pill and were told that improvement was needed!

So, with the second pregnant person, they had done what was never done before and cut into a person, taking their blood. Of course, people may have cut elsewhere, in another country, but here, in their dark laboratory, they had not done that specific type of process until then.

Now…Now having gotten used to the idea, they were now cutting into the womb and not only taking a fluid that looked different to blood, where there wasn’t much of it, but that of blood as well and Oscar had been in and out of consciousness this entire time.

 

A week had gone by, well, that is what he thought…And as much as he’d like to state that he will get beyond this point…He just didn’t know how it could be done…

If…If he was pregnant, his baby was in trouble!

As someone who should be looking after his baby, he was doing a terrible job!

As someone that had conceived a child for Aubrey, he was doing a terrible job!

What…What could he do!? What could he do to help his baby!

Yet…He…He was not sure if he really should believe those words!

 

With tears, so many falling down his cheeks in the days of being here, Oscar clenched his hands and shut his eyes over the sound of drips. The sound of drips was what he had heard the most so far while he was awake, it was an annoying, frustrating sound that kept reminding him how hopeless his situation was!

The ‘Master’ and ‘Apprentice’ were now gone…For how long, Oscar doesn’t know.

They had sliced into him twice now, getting whatever that they wanted from him. Otherwise, they had feed him and let him clean himself a few times now, trying once to have running away but…

What was so terrible about this place, is that they drain you to the point where it’s not even worth worrying about tying you down anymore…Because, having attempted to run away, what failed Oscar was his own strength!

He had fainted just after leaving the door…After seeing and feeling the sense of freedom, feeling happy and he might have even smiled at that time, everything went black afterwards…

1