CHAPTER ONE “THIS IS RETRIBUTION”
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was looking at the students in the surroundings while walking in his university. Some were happy chatting with their friends, some were relaxing and others were studying in the corner seriously.

The blue sky above him and the rays of sunlight reflected into his pale white skin made him want this day to pass easily. How long has it been since the day that he lived his life with a peace of mind and without worrying of anything at all?

Xie Xie deeply sighed and said to himself, "Those days were gone, young master Xie."

Instead of thinking and pitying himself, he walks faster to go to his part time job. For the past years, his life has been quite busy and busy to the point where the only rest he had was sleeping at night.

Xie Xie is 20 years old and a second year Business Management student in a prestigious university in City B.

Since high school after those major events that happened to his family, he was no longer that happy go lucky and proud young master before who only knew how to leisurely spend his days happily.

Now, he is just an ordinary person who works hard for a living without a family by his side.

"Xie Xie, finally you're here! There are a lot of customers right now and even the three of us can't handle all of them at once." A boy with the same age as him welcomed him with those words when he entered a small coffee shop near his university.

He nodded and immediately changed into his uniform. Before he went out, he looks at himself in the mirror which was built inside the door part of his locker, "Right, not only me is struggling now. There are those who experienced a whole lot more, but they're not complaining."

He remember he used to be a conceited person, but the circumstances forced him to change.

He smiled and started his day of work. He busied and makes himself productive so that he can stop thinking of anything that will make him tired. He also never forgets to smile to every customer and workmates he encounters to completely divert his attention to his work.

After his four hours of part time job, he bought fresh fruits to bring something for his mother who has been staying in a psychiatric hospital.

There's a day of every week that he visited his mother and talked to her. Because of the past events, his mother couldn't take the huge blow as she got depressed and tried to kill herself.

While waiting for a bus, he saw two expensive cars who stops in front of him and open their windows to talk to him.

"Look who's here, it's young master Xie!" mockingly said the boy who's the same age as him and looks like a dandy while the other inside those two cars laugh loudly.

'Here he goes again...' Xie Xie sighed.

The boy who speaks just now is named Song Ji, the second young master of Song Family here in B City. 

Before Xie Xie's family got bankrupt, their family was richer than the Song Family.

Song Ji and him were not close before and they always stand on a different sides... Though both of them were bullies, no one can be compared to him and he always won against Song Ji...

"Oh I forgot, he's not a young master anymore!" Song Ji said to his friends.

'This is retribution ahhh... Just let him be...' he calmed himself and tried to control his mood...

Even though his temper was already honed throughout these years, there's really a time that it flared up just like before.

Xie Xie smiled at them and then look at Song Ji, "Are you done? Young master Yu, please move your cars already or the bus will run over it..."

"Y-You------" before Song Ji could finish speaking, Xie Xie already ignored him...

Song Ji stared at him from a while then signal his friends car to drive away, "We're not done yet!"

"En..." Xie Xie answered him with a soft hum.

After Song Ji and his friends went away, he also get on the bus and put his earphone.

One of his favorite these years was to ride a bus and sit quietly while listening to a music and looking at the bustling city; seeing people's expressions and their everyday lives.

He lean his head in a glass window of the bus and close his eyes...

On the way to the room of his mother at the Psychiatric Hospital, he heard a familiar woman who's wildly shouting... He quickly walk from the direction of the chaos and saw his hysterical mother trying to make trouble to the nurse who's helping her  in taking her daily medicine. 

"Mom!" He called out.

When his mother saw him, she quicky hug Xie Xie like a kid and talk to him like a spoiled child, "Xie Xie, I don't want to drink that medicine! Let's go home, your dad is waiting for us..."

He hug his mother back and coax her, "Once you're okay, we'll go home mom... But you need to take your medicine first, okay?"

"But-------"

"Be good..." Xie Xie said and then have his mom sit down on the bed.

The nurse gives the medicine to him and he urge his mother to drink it while rubbing her head like coaxing a child...

After that, he helps his mother to lie down in bed and talk to her about his today's experience.

While talking, his mom falls asleep... He tuck the comforter gently to his mom's body and stares at her for awhile...

"Mom, I hope you get well soon..." he quietly uttered and a single tear suddenly falls down from his eyes...

He wipe it like it was nothing and then kiss his mother in the forehead...

 

~END OF CHAPTER ONE

 

Author's Mini Theater:

Main Character Xie Xie: "I'm sad..."

Main Lead Lin Yu: "Wait for me to come out..."

0