E173 – What kind of situation does one smoke blue leaf?
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group was completely wet by the time they had made it to land. They were alone, luckily enough, and Ares spent a few moments to try and dry each of his allies.

“We need to move out,” Ares said. “I don’t know if the Bitan are going to follow us, and I would prefer not to be caught by Stah’O’s entourage either.” Ares stretched out his arms and then rolled his shoulders.

“I will search for a safe place nearby,” Kask said. “You need some rest, Ares.”

Ares sighed. His body felt heavy. He hadn’t rested properly since being in a few fights, but after a night he should probably feel fine. ‘It’d be bad if we met Stah’O’s company whilst we rested…’

“We will need to find a place away from any water,” Ares mused to Kask, raising his brows.

Kask nodded in response and then they made their way forward. Ares’ thoughts raced wildly within his mind. Just why exactly was Stah’O so quick to come to blows? He didn’t seem like the type to do so, especially when they had first met. Though then again, he could have just had a bad read on the Bitan.

Ares threw a glance back towards Emerli. She was close by him, glancing around now and again.

“Are you alright?” Ares asked.

Emerli nodded, coming even closer to Ares. Ares reached out and then held her hand. It was so small and warm.

“Don’t worry, you won’t be hurt anymore,” Ares said as he led her onward.

Kask did not fail. He managed to find a place near some rocks that had clustered together, forming a barrier around one side, and then a small cave within it they could huddle in.

“No signs of life nearby,” Kask said as he finished checking the ground for any tracks.

“That’s good, right?”

Kask remained silent as he looked up to the sky. He waited for some time before he turned to face to Ares and nodded. “It is fine.”

“That was ominous…” Ares said, narrowing his eyes.

Kask did not reply, instead he circled around the area. Yinyin followed on Yipyip, leaving the others to set up camp.

Teorn set up a small fire with a small pot over it, cracked open to create a small oven. He then started to cook some meat inside the pot that Ares had handed over. He also put a stew on so they could fill themselves up on it.

As they sat down to eat, the three scouts returned. The pair of hyenas had approached from one side and Kask another.

“We are safe,” Kask said as he sat down to eat, with Saykkera standing up and patrolling with Anka.

Teorn took the first bite, and then Ares and Emerli followed after. Then the rest began to eat, with Azzo lighting up something to relax.

Ares checked his tea pouch that he had retrieved.

“Is that blue-leaf tea?” Azzo asked as he leaned in, pipe in mouth as he sucked gently and then blew out through his nostrils.

“Honestly, Azzo,” Ares said. “I don’t have a clue.” Ares handed the pouch over to Azzo who leaned in, sniffed the tea leaf, and then he looked up to Ares.

Azzo nodded his head. “This is blue-leaf tea.”

“Are you going to get high from it?”

“Blue leaf tea is no the kind of leaf that one smokes in this situation.”

“What kind of situation does one smoke blue leaf?”

“At home with good company.” Azzo smiled.

“Good company?”

Azzo threw a look to Saykkera and then back to Ares, raising his brows.

“Oh… company,” Ares said.

“I would suggest you keep this for later.” Azzo returned the pouch and Ares nodded.

“If you need some, let me know.” Ares chuckled.

“I do not need any blue leaf.” Azzo leaned back and then returned to smoking his pipe and then eating his soup.

Eventually Ares got up and swapped out to take watch alongside Yinyin and Yipyip, who looked out on the opposite side.

Though Ares heard a snap in the distance, and Yipyip seemed to be sniffing in that direction. Yinyin was about to lead Yipyip to the sound, but Ares stopped her.

“Yinyin.”

She turned to face him and motioned with her head, before drawing her bow.

Ares shook his head and then pointed to her and then the ground. He then tapped his chest and began to walk towards where the sound had appeared. She bared her teeth awkwardly but then nodded towards him, retreating back to the rest of the group, who then grew on edge.

Ares motioned with a hand. “Relax,” Ares whispered. “I’m just going to check.” Then he was gone, making his way through the forest.

Ares continued for some time until he heard some voices ahead. They were Bitan, that was for certain, and there were about a dozen or so.

“We must find him, or else Stah’O will serve us up,” one said.

“He’ll serve me up, you’ll be fine,” the voice was familiar. Ares raised his brows before he then stepped out from behind a tree, spear in hand.

“Hello there,” Ares said. “What business do you have with me?”

Ahead of him were about ten Bitan, and Ares’ ears twitched. He didn’t find any more were nearby from the sounds of their steps.

“Ares’O,” said Ezak as he stepped forward, leaving his bident behind him with his allies. He seemed quite nervous, his eyes darting around.

“Stah’O has sent us to speak with you. San’O has been given a vision, and we were told to come and meet with you.”

Ares recognised Sta’O was with the group, though it seemed he was allowed Ezak to speak.

“Well then, Ezak, what is it?”

“San’O has said that you must head East.”

“East?”

“There is a small island to the East, not far from where the humans had settled. There are some humans there as well, but San’O urges that you must visit.”

“Why?”

“She did not say.”

“Is there any other reason as to why you have come to see me?”

With that Sta’O stepped forward. “We have committed a grave act. We offer our apologies.”

“Well… I’ll think about it,” Ares said.

Sta’O nodded. “We must be leaving. We wish you the best of luck, Ares’O.”

Ares nodded.

“Come Ezak’A,” Sta’O said to a stunned Ezak, before he quickly scrambled away to follow Sta’O.

‘Well… it’s nice he was promoted.’

 

1