Chapter 4: Tutor
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weekend passed by quickly, I didn't really do anything except play video games all day and all night, nothing new about it anyway. It is school days again, I don’t really get it. Why do we have so many days for school and just two days for rest? Isn’t it unfair? Well, it’s like I have a choice anyway. Ohh! My phone is ringing, that’s odd.

 

“Hello? Who’s this?” I never save anyone’s number on my phone including my friends, I memorized their numbers anyway. 

 

“ You ungrateful child! You never really save my number in your phone” 

 

I knew it, there is only one person who will call me.

 

“ Too lazy, do you need something?” ahh can I just hang up?

 

“ Is that how you will greet your mother?” 

 

“ I’ve been like this ever since, what are you fussing about?” I said irritably, she’s calling me so I have a strong feeling that this will not be good news.

 

“ Ohh well you’re right. I was calling you because I just want to inform you that I hired a tutor for you and your tutor session will start on saturday” 

 

“ What?! What are you talking about? What do you mean? Why hired a tutor?! I am fine on my own, besides there are only two days that I am free and I can do whatever I want! And you’ll even take that from me?!” I said angrily, she must be kidding me, she can’t! No! No! I won’t accept it!

 

“ You can do nothing about it, your teacher called me saying that although you’ve shown your smartass side it’s too late, you need to get back the scores that you failed before you graduate. I am helping you by this don’t get me wrong, bye then” 

 

W-what?! She hung up just like that? I was not even able to retaliate! Damn it! That old hag really loves to make me suffer. She doesn’t really care about me except studying. Ahhh! She’s making my blood boil.

 

School

 

Tutor huh? I can just study on my own if getting a high score is what she wanted, I don’t need anyone. My precious time, it has been taken away. Ahh my poor self, world is so unfair isn’t it?

 

“ What are you mumbling about looking so distressed?” Kaizer asked while looking at me like a weird person. What’s with that look? Pshh.

“ Don’t talk to me for now, I need some time for my helpless and pitiful self” I said while faking crying.

 

“ What’s the drama? Tell us you idiot” Kaizer added then sat beside me.

 

This scumbag never really thinks about what nice things to say, he said he cares about me sometimes but he nearly never showed it, such a hypocrite. 

 

“ My mother called me saying that she hired a private tutor for me and that I will take my tutor session from saturday to sunday” I said while burying my face in my hand, Ahh the sadness.

 

“ That’s all? You look depressed like the whole world is bestowed upon you just because you will have a private tutor? Where’s the logic?” Kaizer said mockingly.

 

“Y-you! Can’t you be nice just for this time?! You can say that cause you don’t know how I feel. I am so caught up in the school work and everything and those two days that are supposed to be my rest day will be taken away from me! Forget it, no point in arguing with you, please leave me alone for now”. 

 

Did I go overboard? Should I apologize? I don’t want us to have an argument as much as possible because he’s my friend, but he walked out . Guess I’ll just say sorry to him later.

The school hours ended quickly, I did not learn anything today because I have fallen asleep, ahhh well it’s not just today hehe. I was not able to sleep at night cause I’ve been thinking about that tutor thing. And as always, our teachers got mad at me for sleeping in their class. I don’t get it, they said that School is our second home and teachers are our second parents, then why are we not allowed to sleep in school but are obliged to study at home? 

 

“ Hey Kaizer” I saw him heading to the gate of our school, I was not able to apologize to him right away cause I’m busy sleeping.

 

“Hmm?” he answered while looking at me for a second before looking away.

 

“ Ahmm I just wanna say sorry about what happened earlier” I said while scratching the back of my neck, it’s kinda awkward but I don’t wanna have conflict with people especially with my friends as much as possible.

 

“ It’s okay, I also am sorry because I went overboard this time,” he said while smiling slightly.

 

“ Are we good now” I asked, smiling widely.

 

“ Yeah sure, and stop smiling that way you look dumb” he answered then looked away.

I noticed his ears turning red, Is he sick? I argued with him while he was sick?

 

“Are you sick Kai?” I asked worriedly.

 

“ I’m not, why do you ask?” He answered looking at me confused.

 

“ Are you sure you’re not? Your ears turned red just now” I asked then slowly brought my forehead closer to his forehead.

 

“ That’s weird, you don’t have a fever,” I said then withdrew myself.

 

“W-what are you doing? I am perfectly f-fine don’t need to do that, no do that, I mean don’t do that ever again, I am really really fine I tell you. I’m gonna go now, we’re okay now anyway.” he said at a fast speed while covering his ears then run away.

 

Is he really okay? I saw him turning red, not just his ears but his whole face now. It is like he is a living tomato. I was just worried, he doesn’t  need to react that way, what a weird man. Guess I’ll just head home for now. Masceiy also let me borrow her notes so that I could catch up to our lessons for today. This is what’s good about having smart friends.

 

0