1 Caithsidhe – Moira
19 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Castle of Rhodubain /Sidhe

'come over my daughter.' Scatthach the queen of sidhe said. 'I've got a task for you. Paid Task. Since you are dead set on being a mercenary... I want to hire you.'

Moira sighed inwardly. Her mother would never let her go without reminding her. The queen of sidhe was less than pleased with her daughters choice of profession. Her unfilial daughter roamed the sidhe and several other planes instead of fulfilling her duties as a heiress to the throne.

Moira of the shadows she was called.
A worthy title for the daughter of the shadow queen. But being a mercenary was an unworthy occupation for the crown princess...

Moira didn't gave a damn. She hated the court with all those intrigues and brown noses. She was a warrior no diplomat.
The halfdragon preferred staying in the outer planes by far.

The other sidhe regarded war as a game since none of them could die permanently on home turf. She didn't saw any meaning in those battles.

Real danger was her drug.

 

The princess couldn't count the times her mother had cursed her father for this trait.

He had been a red dragon. Moira got his green slitted eyes, a dragon form and his Temper as her mother claimed.

She would never know since he was slayen before she was born. He too liked staying in the outer world.

 

Seeing her mother getting angry due to her lack of reaction. She hurried towards the throne and sank on one knee.

'your majesty. Mother. How may I serve you?' she asked in a tone she hoped to be humble. 

The queen smiled.

Her daughter knew how to behave at least. 'Even if... Well it doesn't matter... 'she thought and fixated her daughter still on her knee. Scatthach allowed her to stand up with a wave of her hand.

 

Moira obeyed and watched her mother attentively. The queen looked at her daughter and ordered.' you are supposed to catch an unruly relative of yours. Sweeper the shadow cat. She is banned from the sidhe.'

 

Moira knew this task was not as easy as it sounded. Since this beast was well renowned for being cunning. And at ten times older than then her 200 years. The caithsidhe was a real trickster. Her mother knew naturally. 

 

' do you have any idea where she is hiding at the moment?'Moira asked silently. 

' she is in the forest of Dean. Good luck, don't come back 'til it's done.' the queen finalized the order and transported her daughter to castles back door. 

 

'thanx mother. I am to walk on my own. No need to teleport and summon me all the time by using magic. Trets me like an unruly imp or some minor demon. But if I want to do anything funny...' the young sidhe muttered. 

 

Than she checked her equipment. Her bow and daggers she always kept near. Those two short swords had saved her life more than once. 

 

She looked down at her attire. It was still bloody since her last hunt. Her mother had summoned her straight from the road. She hated the feeling of being summoned. The feeling of dematerializing and materializing was awful. But the inability to stop it from happening was worse by far. It simply didn't matter if one wanted to be summoned one could not resist ones truename. 

 

The summon this time was even worse. At arrival all those nobles had stared at her. Digust all over the room. They were a kingdom of warriors. No tea party the hell. All those people never liked her. Regarded her as a Bastard of dirty blood. 

Moira detested and feared the court. Their ignorance drove her crazy. This castle was her birthplace but never her home. She was glad to part.

It was time to leave. She entered the stone ring and spoke a few words of high sidhe and the stones started to shine. A moment later she was in the forest of Dean. This kind of travelling was the only upside of being a summon. All other people weren't able to use those circles.

 

A tickling sensation greeted her arrival. Someone was watching her. 'you were sent by the queen?' a pourring voice resounded. 'that's true. And you're that unruly relative I was sent after?' Moira asked. 'that's true. But don't think it will be easy to catch me.' the cat answered keeping herself behind Moiras back following her every motion as she turned herself on the spot.

'never thought so. But since you're here we might as well talk.' the mercenary answered honestly. 'well we do so already.' the cat mocked. 'yes that's true I do have a deal to offer.' the princess stated. She knew that this cunning cat would not be here if she was deadset on a confrontation. 'I will listen. Dear princess fair.' Moiras relative declared. 'I am always interested in deals.' the Caithsidhe added. Moira frowned. She had to be careful. This statement had been a reminder of her status. Like all sidhe she was neither able to lie nor to break a promise.

'I offer you a place to stay. A nice and warm place. But you'll be obligated to do some duties.

First of all you'll be the protector of the place and it's mistress.

Second you're to listen to any of her orders. No second guess. Immediately.

Third you are not to leave without permission. You will be treated like a family member. ' Moira carefully stated.

' that's quiet a lot of obligations.' the cat stated carefully. The princess was elated her task hadn't disagreed. There was a chance for a peaceful solution. She liked Sweeper.

 

' It's the bar at the crossing of ley lines. The Travellers Tavern. I guess you know it. 'she explained. The cat who was now facing her directly showed a delighted expression. 'sure I know it. It's the best place outside sidhe. I am in. If you are able to convince the landlady I swear the oath you mentioned.'

'well swear it first. I know she will agree. She loves cats.' Moira exclaimed. The caithsidhe took the oath and they walked through the stone ring. 

 

This time the portal brought Moira home. The tavern was a waystation for many but to her it was home. Tora was her best friend and partner in crime. Even if Tora would never admit it.

 

She smiled. Two birds with one stone. A birthday present and a perfect solution for her task. Without any violence at all.

Than she entered the tavern with the Caithsidhe on her shoulder. When she reached the bar her friend shot her an icy glance. As always. But when she saw the cat her expression softened and a smile appeared on her face.

Tora ignored Moira completely and greeted the cat.

Moira smiled 'well that's your new guardian. A relative of mine. She is a Caithsidhe and her name is Sweeper the shadowcat. Sweeper will follow your orders. happy birthday by the way. Sorry I wasn't here got summoned. '

Still ignored the mercenary turned around and left the tavern. Her smile reappeared and she felt a new era had begun in the traveller's tavern.

 

Moira crossed the street and used the stone ring to teleport to Rhodubain. A few moments later she entered her mother's throne room.

Bowing deeply she stated 'Task accomplished.'

 

The queen raised her eyebrows and asked 'that was quiet fast. Did you put that cat behind bars?'

 

Unable to lie and unwilling to rat her agreement she stated smilingly 'well she's in a bar. But she won't bother you again.'

 

Her mother nodded approvingly and released her with a smile. 

The whole courtroom was silent as she bowed and left Rhodubain. Still in her bloody huntdress.

Than she went home again.

1