Chapter 20 – The Preparations
6.3k 13 230
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lloyd must have thought I was kidnapped from my village or something. In reality, I’ve been here for a couple days. Well, I have the map of where I would need to go now. Going East to the frontier would be a pain, so I decided to settle for the nearest one, the Rin Lordship.

Giving my thanks, I do a short bow and go downstairs to my room. I really needed to check what I swallowed from the ring.

 

Maybe there’s a way to bring a list of items like the list of apps I had on my phone? I close my eyes.

Focus.

Focus.

Focus.

Nope, nothing. Oh well, old fashioned but:

 

“Empty all!”

 

Without a sound, multiple sachets appeared along with-

So many crystals?

I grabbed a random one. So, can I input energy to this?

No, I can’t.

 

It immediately dissipated into dust. Did someone already absorb all the lingering mana inside it? Wait, it was probably me who absorbed a bunch of the crystals. Moving on!

There were multiple sachets filled to the brim as if they each looked like they would explode. I lifted up one to face level.

 

*Drop*

 

How heavy…

For now, I’ll just return these to the storage.

I look around my room. What I initially thought was littered with gems, only few more actually remained. Two emeralds for each of the closet handles and a small sapphire one on the door.

Without wanting to subject my poor horns to anymore “trouble”, I just dig my nails in as much as I can to rip it out. So, what will I do with this one? I grip the crystal and try to recreate my idea of draining mana through contact. A blue light shimmered and-

 

*munch*

 

Now I more or less have something to deal with my fatigue!

Time to go outside!

Wait, would it be too suspicious if I went outside by myself?

Now where would Emil be? Even Marie or Lloyd would be fine, as long as they let me “explore” freely. Time to exit my room-

 

*wack*

 

Huh? Emil?

 

“Master Emil, are you alright,”

 

I rush to aid him stand.

 

“Uhm, I-I’m fine!”

 

Why was he so nervous?

 

“If you wouldn’t mind, could we go to town again?”

 

The only person who still treated me with respect…

 

“Of course!”

 

Time to see if I can settle the score with the alleyway thugs.

230