Ch 2: Angels
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There's four of them. 

The first one that walks into the room is dressed up as a knight, clad in heavy metal armor. He's about six inches taller than me, and looks pretty burly. He is holding a weathered looking axe in his right hand and a wooden round shield in his left. The second one to enter is dressed much like the first, but is only about half as tall, and I initially thought he was a child at first glance, but the long brown beard and wrinkly face says otherwise. He is also carrying a large weapon, but instead of an axe its a large sledgehammer. The third one to come through the door is a a lot skinnier than the first, and maybe a couple inches shorter than me, and is not wearing any armor. Instead, they are wearing a bunch of robes and holding a large staff with a large shiny green gen affixed to the end. They have a hood pulled up over their head, and its covering most of their face so its difficult to tell what gender they are, but I think they're female. Lastly, an archer enters the room, wearing leather armor, and holding a bow in one hand and the other holding the end of an arrow that's only a little sharper than the tips of her ears.

The last angel really grabs my nonexistent eye, with her golden hair and a young-looking face so full of life and determination I almost forget I've been living in a room full of the dead.

As they all enter the room, I expected them to start talking to us, telling us the next steps we must take with our after-life, but instead they showed me that their weapons are not for decoration as I initially thought, as they and my dead brothers began fighting, with the angels completely slaughtering every last one of us.

I, of course, am completely taken aback by this, and do nothing other than watch in awe as I've never seen such a huge fight before, especially with 'people' that I've grown somewhat close to.

An unarmed skeleton rushes the first knight with zero hesitation, but with a single swing of the angel's axe, he gets cut in half, with his legs and hips falling to the ground and his torso and skull crashing into the knight's armored shins and feet, making the same sounds you might hear at a bowling alley after someone would get a strike.

The short angel with the hammer, after taking a quick glance around, takes a few steps forward and swings his hammer from his hip and up into the air. At first I didn't realize why he was just swinging at the air, but then I saw another of my skeleton brothers start running towards him, unaware of the impending shattering his skull is about to experience when the hammer makes contact.

The fourth angel that entered the room, looks around for a good target, and quickly draws her bow and before I even realize what happened, one of the skeletons near the back drops to the floor, and I hear a loud thwick noise as an arrow bounces off the wall behind him. Once he falls to the ground, I realize there is a large hole on the back of his skull.

The third angel stands behind the others for a few moments, clutching their staff tightly and looks to be in deep thought. 

After the others have dismembered a few more skeletons, I start feeling really, really uncomfortable. Not just because my brothers are dying again in front of my eyes, but because something is starting to emanate out from the green gem atop the angel's staff. A bright light starts glowing from it and I suddenly realize the danger I'm in as I look around at my friends dying, realizing that the angels might come after me next. I start backing away from the group into a corner of the room and sit in the upright fetal position. The light from the angels staff is grown significantly and starts to envelop the rest of the skeletons that are fighting the group, and becomes too bright for me to even look at.

It feels like the sun itself is sitting atop that staff, and if I were any closer to it I think I would probably pass out due to the shock of just how uncomfortable it is. It feels almost like the aura the angels have, but multiplied by about a thousand times.

After what feels like an eternity, the light finally begins to dim, and quickly retreats back into the green gem. I look around and see that almost all of the skeletons have fallen over, and the bones have disconnected to the point its almost impossible to identify a single skeleton amongst the big pile of bones.

Although one skeleton is still standing. Skelly McSkellington. He's still standing upright, and still holding that giant sword.

Once the other angels have regained their sight after that long flashbang, they look at him with a hint of fear in their eyes. Skelly raises the sword  atop his shoulder, and starts walking towards the group, ready to swing it down on one of their heads presumably. The larger knight walks forwards towards him, and starts swinging his axe towards Skelly's torso with all his might.

With incredible reflexes, Skelly manages to parry the swing with his sword mid-swing, and the two of them have their weapons locked together in midair, putting all their force behind them, trying to overtake the other. Even though the angel looks to be built like an olympic athlete, Skelly starts to overtake him, and the sword starts getting closer and closer to the face of the angel, and a worried look quickly grows on his face once he realizes this.

The other angels don't just sit around though, and the short one quickly runs behind Skelly, and smashes his hammer into the back of Skelly's knees, forcing my bony friend to fall on his knees, giving the angel he's locked weapons with the upper hand, literally, and the angel's axe quickly starts moving towards the neckbone of Skelly.

Before either one of them manages to completely overtake the other though, Skelly's skull suddenly explodes into about a hundred different fragments, and I look over at the archer, who has just let loose on of her arrows.

With the sword suddenly losing all force behind it, the larger angel unintentionally falls forward and lands atop Skelly and almost ends up cutting himself with the two weapons now lying on top of him. But he quickly gets back up on his feet, and turns towards the archer, looking a little bit pissed off, and yelling a couple words in that angel language I still don't know. The archer yells back a few words with a slight smile on her angelic face, and the conversation quickly dies down afterwards.

After a few moments of the angels catching their breath, they start poking around at the pile of bones and weapons sitting on the floor, looking for anything of interest. After about a minute however, the archer yells something, and I don't feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, as they all look to where she is pointing.

She, of course, is pointing at the only skeleton left in the room 'alive'. 

She is pointing at Me.

1