Chapter 2-Chloe
213 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking closely at the child with an animal trait, she looks like a prisoner with chain on her right foot, a messy garment, with wolf ears at the top of her head, droopy brown eyes and a messy shoulder length black hair, and estimated age should be 10 based on her height that almost identical to mine but a bit shorter.

Could it be?! She's just like me who's dead... I really died huh? When the food is being serve I have my speculation that this scene is exactly as what my big sis told me, I haven't even brought home my first solo hunted dinner on the table, I even said that I'll turn them all to my underlings once I became a powerful demon, I haven't even said 'thanks' to my big sis who always feed us.

*sniff* *sniff*

Suddenly my vision became a bit blurry covering the magnificent dishes in front of me, using my elbow I wipe the tears real fast and got back to eating.

Welp there's no help thinking about that now! I should indulge myself now, so that my family won't worry about me passing on as a hungry ghost.

Eating my fill suddenly in the corner of my eye, I saw that the wolf child in the corner is only looking at me with a cautious expression on her face.

Why isn't she eating? Doesn't she know, that her family might worry about her being a hungry ghost? Or is she just shy? Hmph! It's time for me to become a big sis Rein!

"Come here and eat(my leftovers)!"

It's not like I left them for you or anything!

With a haughty expression and face covered with oil, I beckoned her to go to my side but suddenly the wolf child's hair and ears straightened up and with a scared and very reluctant face, came closer to me.

"Here eat these"

While eating I pointed at my leftovers with a satisfied face, like what my big sis always does when she feed us.

It's not like I intentionally left those for her or anything hmph! But hmm, I see! So this is how it feels to become a big sis huh? I might get addicted to this! 

"Yes, master"

"Rein is fine"

With an underling like tone the wolf child answered and started reluctantly eating my leftovers but after a while she started wolfing it down her throat finishing my leftovers and looked at me with a begging expression.

What master? I prefer it if she called me with big sis in her own volition but that must be expecting much with this little egg, I needed to teach her a lot huh? But a satiated awesome ghost teaching another ghost? Well we have a lot of time, just like the demon god said. But that stare is really distracting! I really should eat fast so that I can give her some of my leftovers or I should pretend that I'm done? Urg! Now I know why big sis eat so fast and so little! But I won't give up this meal! You little egg should wait!

With a fierce fire crackling in my eyes, I unleashed my whole potential and ate while giving her some of my leftovers which dissapeared in a blink of an eye

At this rate I'm going to become full fast! But she knows how to eat huh?! Hmph! I'm going to show her who's a demon that's known for being a glutton! Finally! A worthy opponent! This battle will be legendary! Annnnd I lose...Huh??! Who's this person?! She is the strongest fighter I have ever seen! I don't want to say this but...

"I'm, done, you, eat all of my, leftovers."

Pointing at the food that I haven't touched yet her eyes glinted and she unleashed her full potential devouring it in a minute leaving a one full piece bird and crumbs here and there.
I didn't stand a chance huh? even in the beginning? I've been played! What little egg? She should've been the big si-

"Thank you big sis Rein"

With a toothy smile she gave me a napkin and said.

"It's not like I gave you all that food because I wanted to! You egg!"

Looking away so that she couldn't see my red face I thought.

Nevermind, being a big sis is amazing! No.1 underling get!

"Yes, yes big sis, but I'm not an egg! My name's chloe, and should we save that bird for later?"

With a stamp of her foot she fumed angrily then introduced herself.
So her name is chloe? That's suprising in the village not all of us has name, so she must have potential huh?

"We won't need it anymore, you know? We're already ghost remember?"

"Ghost? I didn't know I died! But if you say so, hmm So that's why I can eat a lot huh!"

"Wait, in the past you are not that good at eating?!"

"Yes, well I can eat a lot if the food is cooked by my mother, but not this much"

With a mention of her mother Chole's smile suddenly fell and eyes a bit watery but not reading the atmosphere, Rein who is interested in the sudden boom of power kept asking.

"Wait so how could you eat so much more now!?"

With a face like she's remembering something chloe speak about her experience.

"Well when I'm eating earlier, I felt like the food, suddenly taste much more delicious and everytime I ate there's this warm feeling entering me, and I hardly felt any food entering me at all but I'm definitely full."

Could it be she unluck her potential because she became a ghost?! That's sad! but now atleast she is the most powerful ghost out there!

Putting my hand in her shoulder I said.

"It's fine, with big sis here everything's will be fi-"

"Are you full now?"

Surprised with the sudden voice I looked at the screen in front.

Woaa! The demon god's is still here? So he watched us ate? That's bad I lost my face, losing to my underling! I'm ashamed, I'm sorry big sis I put our bloodline in the puddle of mud, wait he asked if we're full? But with this food it's impossible not to be full, Wait! I can still salvage this situation!

"So-so but chloe here is already full so we're satisfied"

Nice save big sis Rein! I can't tarnished my reputation in front of the demon god! But isn't that a bit disrespectful, urk! I'm gonna die again!

"Is that so?hmm, going back to our previous discussion, yes, I'm your god"

With an entertained face he answered but after speaking he mumble something beneath his breath.

Yes of course Mr. Obvious, but this demon god has a big heart huh? Not taking smalls discourtesy in his heart.

"And yes, you're already dead and that's why we're here, I'm gonna reincarnate you as one of my people in another world where you'll stand on top as you gain power there"

Again Mr. Obvious of course I'll definitely die if I fell to that bottomless hole, but wait reincarnate? Like my big sis who is a duke's daughter who reincarnated in a demon world as a demon something something? That she kept telling us? So even demon god wants me to become a big sis huh? That's good! I want to become a strong big sis as well! But wait! What about my no.1 underling?

"What about chloe?"

With my question the demon god slightly paused and tapped something on his magical chopping board before answering again.

"Hmm...... you can take her as well"

With that said, chloe stood behind me like a proper no.1 underling who's satisfied with her boss

"My name is @#%£$ If you could, remember it as well I would even give you something for your journey"

What's that?! I definitely heard it and I know the sound but it feels like I cant say it? Eeek, what a weird feeling. What remember it? I don't have a choice, I can't forget this name! That something must be worth it!

"Yes, I will remember it"

Suddenly a light engulfed me giving me strength and a lethargic feeling like falling in that hole a second time and with that I blackout.

11