C52 Talk to my wife
983 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TL Note: This is a test ch, if people like it I'll post more. Some terms have been changed.

I have to admit, I was very confused.

"Your Majesty, I already have Seraphina, daughter of the Marquis Curtis, as my official wife.......So I can't ask you to make your sister my wife......”

“This is the King's sister. She is definitely higher in rank than your current wife. When I was in exile, I was sad that I would have to give my sister to a man I didn't know, but now I can make her the Regent's wife without any worries. I'm sure my late father would have been pleased.”

The new king is totally willing to go ahead with this......I'm getting weaker......

“If you take my sister as your wife, you will be my brother-in-law. I would very much like you to become a relative of the royal family.”

It was indeed a good deal. If I had a child with his sister, it would be a person of royal blood. That would be a very strong reason to start a new dynasty. At the very least, if there was no one suitable in the royal family, it would be no surprise if he became king. His legitimacy will be ensured.

But how would Seraphina feel about that? I can't bear to make my wife unhappy just because of a political decision. In this case, the usual rule is that the original wife becomes a concubine. However, if the marriage is clearly hostile to the wife's family, the marriage is effectively dissolved or the maternal family repatriates the daughter.

“Your Majesty, your sister is only 13 years old, there is no need to be in such a hurry......I'm sure she hasn't gone through the ceremony of receiving a job yet. It's not too late to do so......”

“I would have done so if I had not become king and you the regent. I suppose it is only natural that we should unite our families through marriage.”

What should I do? The other side is right. And I can take over the country without incurring the grudge of destroying the royal family. It's a shortcut to my goal, however, how can I explain this to Seraphina......? I'm sure she'd love to have her own children as king. In fact, what wife wouldn't?

“Your Majesty just ascended the throne, and I just became regent.......There's no need to rush into anything.......It won’t too late once we finish settling the situation, as there are still many people in the vicinity of the capital who are against us.”

This is a fact. Even though there is no one who will suddenly attack the capital, there are those who are watching the situation and those who are from the former king Puffus the 6th faction.

“That may be true. But I want you to think about it.”

“Rather, it is you who should think about taking a wife, Your Majesty.”

Hasse had a wife and children, but he married during his wandering days with the sister of one of his vassals who was also the daughter of the lord of the place where he had taken refuge, so her status was too low to be considered as the official wife.

“You are right.......But your daughter is still too young, and your sister is married. Now, who should I choose?”

Okay, I've managed to divert the conversation for now.

Seraphina will also be coming to the capital in the near future. I'll casually mention it there and see what her reaction is......

  • ●●

Since I couldn't leave the capital for a while, my wife Seraphina came with her attendants. Since Fleur hadn't given birth to our child yet, I decided to have her rest at Maust.

Being the wife of the regent, Seraphina was dressed in the most gorgeous dress ever. At present, no woman in this country should have more power than Seraphina.

“You look even cooler as a regent, husband.”

She complimented me as soon as we met.

“Maybe it's because of the job bonus: the higher the rank, the higher the charisma.”

“Do you think they'll laugh at me in the capital?”

“No one would dare laugh at Seraphina now.”

“That's true. I've always dreamed of coming to the capital but my hometown was too far away. I've learned a few things about imperialism, but there's a difference between using them in the country and in the capital.”

“Seraphina, there's something I want to tell you right away. It's about politics.”

“Yes, I'd love to hear about it.”

I visited Seraphina's room that night. First, I told her about my plan to destroy the lords who were rebelling against the new king, and who I would send to be the governor of the cities that were under my direct control.

Even if the matter was already decided to some extent, Seraphina would suggest a point of view that I did not have, so it was quite meaningful. In particular, I appreciated the information about the opinion of the women's in the palace. In other words, it would be an indicator of whether or not the person I appointed was elegant and refined.

In a city near the royal capital, there are many powerful merchants who are also wealthy and artistic. If I appoint a rude person as governor, there is a risk that the merchants will make fun of him and not follow him wholeheartedly.

"If you're going to excel in logic, Kerala is your best bet. Her table manners are perfect. But she's too good to be the governor of a city.”

“That's true. I'll also ask Fanelia.”

And when the time was right, I brought up the subject.

"Actually, His Majesty has told me this.......I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.”

Seraphina did not change her expression while listening to me.

“To be honest, we already have a son, so you just give me a break.”

“Why is this bothering you so much?”

Seraphina said resolutely. I know, right? I thought she'd just say no.

"By all means, you should welcome her! She'll bring us power!”

Seraphina said, grabbing my hand.

"What? Are you sure you want to......?”

“I told you that I wanted to be the wife of a hero. A concubine is a substitute for a hero's wife, and my power will not diminish. In fact, I'd rather control that 13 year old girl.”

I knew Seraphina had a great temperament.

3