Chapter 6
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Need Food... Amung Other Things

I made my way down from the tree after pondering about the abyss, i was gonna try to conjure up the darkness somehow but there are more pressing needs.

Food, water, damn I have no critical thinking. 

Even if I managed to sleep in a cozy hole last night today’s troubles would’ve still come. I’m gonna find a stick to make a crude spear for longer range, then set off trying to find a stream and food possibly.

I made a crude sheath from a split branch wrapped with weaved grass to make it just secure enough to hold the knife at my side.

My clothes I never paid much attention to them but they’ll get dirty quick and then I’ll also grow out of them eventually, damn that means I’m gonna have to hunt to not only eat but make simple furs, such a process.

I started walking what I think was southeast from the midday sun. Spear in hand I walked, I came across almost nothing, no animals or monsters which isn’t the best, but also no water so far. I’m really thirsty.

I definitely have been over-exerting myself my body feels like its gonna collapse and my mouth is parched. Everything was looking the same from how long I’ve been walking, just walking, the sun has almost set now.

Amidst the forest that was like one stretch of the same image I came across a place where the sun glittered on its surface. As soon as I realized that I found what I need, my ears started working again and I heard the rushing of water.

I ran towards it and frantically scooped what I could in my mouth until I was satisfied.

Looking around, I realized the landscape had changed a lot, I must have just been in such a state I was like half conscious. To my right was the rushing of water, a jagged mountain with water running through like veins collecting into this spring that also leads off somewhere.

The verdant grass and trees are the same but it’s much more flat than the rolling hills before.


Perfect, I’m just gonna get enough sticks for a fire and look for food. 

After starting the fire I saw rustling in the bushes, immediately I cheered for myself and threw the spear as best I could into the bush. 

A sqeak resounded from the bush, and I jumped at the chance I got something first try. I grabbed my knife and peered into the bush and there lay a spasming rabbit with the spear sticking into in chest from the side.

Very happy with this, I grab the rabbit and walked back to the fire. I didn’t know how to skin or anything so the fur that came off  was mostly in shambles and then I cooked the meat over the fire.

Good thing there’s food and water now, I’ll think about other things when needed. I should hunt in the morning then do everything else after. A grass bed is better than no bed at least.

—————

Four days passed and I’ve gotten use to hunting rabbits, one or two every morning is perfect for a days worth of food when cooked. I’ve also been able to skin a couple successfully and have a couple dried furs that I don’t know what to do with.

I need to hone my survival skills, if I don’t get more efficient I’ll go on a downward slope someday, so I need to make sure I’m always on the incline.

——————

A village stirs in a commotion, people shouting and questioning.

Not questioning or shouting at their harvests but at a far more disastrous situation.

[Kuma] “ Please i understand, if bandits attack this village as they did the one to the south the damage shouldn’t be great ”

Immidiatley upon finishing his words Kuma was interrupted by concern and frustration. 

As a village chief he understood that bandit attacks are no joke, but in order for a whole village to be wiped out like that there has to be some foul play, he thought.


He calmed the villagers down to some degree and focused on strengthening the internal structure of the village.

The other small villages that got news of what happened by merchants were also shaken and full of unease. 

The Royal Capital, Krui, named after the royal family Kruinia, had sent a bandit subjugation force since they were now harming the kingdoms economy. The force was only 100 soldiers but that should be enough for the bandits that put some at ease but in the meantime they can attack at anytime which is frightening, Kuma thought.

———————

Meanwhile back in the forest plains, Treyu was making spikes from sticks, as well as stick used for digging instead of a stone.

Alright, I’ve got all the things I think I need, I’ll go dig some pitfalls with spikes. The coincidental pitfall that was supposed to be my home seemed like it worked pretty well.

I dug holes around where I have been sleeping, half in mind for goblins or other things and half in mind for food. After laying the holes with spikes and covering the opening with flimsy twigs and grass.

While sitting by the fire to relax and eat i heard noises that I couldn’t discern. The moon is full and it’s light is abundant so the fire tonight isn’t quite necessary but it’s still nice.

Then one noice I could make out, something’s dying screech. I wondered on what type of thing could make such a noise and hoped whatever killed it wouldn’t randomly pop up while I’m still not confident in my abilities.

I laid on the grass bed, and finally with some free time where I’m not totally drained, I thought back. Calling into the abyss I lost consciousness.

Gaining awareness again I was happy I was able to guide myself here. Again I felt a presence, almost an exact representation of the previous instance.

The only notable distinction was the feeling, along with the feeling this was destiny and it’s been waiting, it makes me want it.

I cant exactly describe it, but it was like the previous presence was a part of me, I cant put it in any other words. This feels like a part of me, but changed, still me but changed.

I greeted it with open arms as I want it, if its here it’s already mine. I felt the shadow absorb into me in a very similar way.

As soon as the pleasant sensation stopped my awareness faded as well.

0