Chapter 14
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wrathful Development

When we arrived at the inn we went straight to bed. I hopped in the bed tonight as it’s very cozy and even though Lia is injured she didn’t mind.

I quickly was lost in my thoughts.

People that care for others, do they care for them because they feel good about it or because doing so makes them feel good? Looking through everything with a lense, it points out reasons, or perceptions. I don’t mean to say doing what you think is good is bad, just be aware of what you’re doing and acknowledge it.

Sometimes even if pointed out, some people’s perspectives stay ridgid. Stuck in their ways that they believe are the way things should be they don’t take into account that even if others think the same, everyone will never see eye to eye with you.

People may be able to grasp the view ypure picture of and envision something similar, but who’s to say it’s the same picture? What if some see no picture, and just embrace everything as a whole? Does that mean their in the wrong? 

You don’t need to think the same to be understood, as that breeds more ignorance. If something you say is right, there will be others that say it is wrong. 

That’s been more prevalent in this city than I’ve ever seen. I’ve never seen slaves or even heard if them until I came here. People forced into servitude either from situation or as a consequence.

If forcing someone into slavery is legal or a child being sold off is okay, how is that any  better than death? Tremendous disgust at this, people forced to do what they don’t want, but forced to be alive. 

Maybe I’ll buy one or two or even just kill the slave trader.

Trailing off I passed out next to Kara.

—————-

The morning arrived with the rising sun, letting everyone know it’s time to wake up.

I rolled off the bed, half awake pulled a sliding cover of wood to rinse myself with a cloth and the bucket of water the inn dispenses.

After getting dressed I checked my status.

Name[Treyu] Race [Human] Age [9]

Attributes [Vitality:380 Strength: 250 Stamina:300 Dexterity: 225 Intelligence :???

Mana: Corrupted

Deadly Sin [Pride] Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath]

[Abyss]

Skill [ Tainted Swordsmanship- Intermediate]

Wow so that’s what I felt, is that why it was like I could feel the wolfs fear? The new Deadly Sin, Wrath seems interesting.

I waited for Kara and Lia to wake up, after they did I said I was gonna go wander and I’ll be back in a little. They were worried but I brushed them off saying I have good memory so I won’t get lost. They saw me off and told just said to be careful. 

After I heard the door close behind me I went off to buy a few apples with some of the rewards from yesterday. I don’t know if it’s a lot but I think it was since the whole party was freaking out when the receptionist gave them 5 gold coins for killing the alpha blood wolf.

I had 50 copper that I got from Kara after asking for some.

Now, I was headed to the slave trader.

————-

Right after the door closed Lia and Kara subsequently locked eyes.

[Lia] Did you see what happened last night? Did you even understand??

Kara shook her head violently.

[Kara] While you had your back to us he did the same thing to the beta blood wolves... Flattened, like they were some pastry or something. Even seeing the same thing once after another I didn’t understand what happened. I still don’t other than that they were crushed by some mysterious shadows.

Lia startled at Kara trying to digest her statement. 

[Kara] This means that the shadow thing, whatever it is, if we were to have attacked him for whatever reason we wouldn’t have stood a chance.

Lias eyes widened at this fact, it was able to crush a blood wolf, why would it stop there. 

Kara had realized this as soon as she saw it happen, but that wasn’t even the thing that’s been driving at her mind.

[Kara] Were you able to see his eye? 

Lias eyes still wide, nodded nodded with vigor.

[Lia] You mean it being blood red and black? I could hardly understand what was going on let alone that when I saw it, I’m surprised I even do as I passed out soon after.

Finishing the conversation with probably more confusion than when they started they couldn’t think of any reason or possibility for why it happened other than its an ability and it was fate for them to bring him since if they didn’t theyd have probably died on that quest.

—————

Treyu wandered until he stumbled on the slave traders building. Surprisingly he’s had not trouble yet.

A man was standing guard it looks like and sees me walking closer and narrows his eyes. He was very shabby looking with loose clothes.

[Man] What do you think you’re doin brat?

[Treyu] Trying to enter an establishment whats it look like? 

Looking up at the man i reflexively remarked.

Reaching for the door handle to enter the man grabs my arm.

[Man] So you’re a smart ass huh brat. Here’s a lesson!

The man threw a punch at me, disgusting, trying to hit a child. I then saw an actual city guard just watching, not looking concerned. I realized that this place is garbage and backwards. 

I want better. I’ll make better I thought, as I slipped from the trajectory of his punch and walked away. I’ll give them a better life. I’ll take what’s mine and make it the true society. 

I heard the scum yelling at me but I kept walking. I came across an alleyway, three kids that looked either the same age as me or younger. Two boys and a girl.

As I approached them, one of the boys told me to stay back, standing up and holding what looked to be a small knife.

The other two behind the boy looked absolutely terrified. 

I said that it was okay and told them my name, reaching in the bag for an apple. 

[Treyu] I was gonna give these away anyway, so I’ll make you a deal. Put the knife away and I can give you guys some apples.

The boy holding the knife started shaking tossing the knife to the ground. The girl started to cry with the other boy. The boy that threw the knife started wiping his eyes trying not to show his tears.

I asked them their names while giving them the bag of apples and munching on the one in my hand.

The boy that threw his knife spoke. 

[Luka] I’m Luka, and these two are my younger brother and sister, Lugh and Rowan.

I sat down with them, as they ate the apples one after another. I bought quite a few so I didn’t mind.

I never have had the chance to do good for others like this, it honestly does make you feel better about yourself, but doing good and helping are two different things.

Rowan was awfully cute for being in an alleyway, so I asked what their situation was. I probably asked it a little rudely but if they say something, I’ve been blessed with probably the hardest thing imaginable and survived so my thinking could be skewed.

[Treyu] So why are you guys in an alleyway?

Luka tensed up and his siblings started to whimper.

[Luka] Our... parents died about a year ago, at first we were able to live off the money since we were kicked from our house. Then we ran out and lost the ability to stay at an inn and have been in this situation for about a month. I still have two years till I can apply as an adventurer that can do things other than make enough food for not even a day let alone an inn. So the only thing left would be to become a slave but that’s something we don’t want. We don’t want to be split up.

Ending his explaination sniffling I nodded at their hardships. 

[Treyu] So you’re stuck because nobody wants to hire a child huh. My parents died and I was forced to live into the wilderness with nothing but the clothes on my back. 

I was found by some people and they took me back here. Here take this.

I handed them the copper coins I had and they widened their eyes.  It wasn’t much I think but it was enough for food today and tomorrow. 

The three thanked me profusely and I said it’s nothing. As even if they were sucking up to me for the food or whatever, I’m technically sucking up to them to make myself feel good so it’s all good. 

I told them that I’ll come around in a day or two and walked away.

I think more people have taken notice of my white hair as many eyes are on it.

I made my way back to the inn feel proud of myself for doing what I think is good. Come to think of it I did just kill those men back at the forest. Well dying from me and dying from something else isn’t really different as you die either way.

After entering I noticed the party was sitting as the table in the dining hall. I made my way over and sat down next to Kara. 

The whole table looked downcast especially Lia. 

[Treyu] What’s wrong?

My question seemed to make everybody tense. 

[Lia] Hmph well I guess there isn’t a point in not tell you if we can’t even hide it..

Lia then said that she most likely won’t heal enough to wield her sword as well as she could.

I cursed myself for not doing something sooner. I also wished I had a healing ability.. one superior to all others. Then I thought of a magnificent idea.

[Treyu] I’ll do what I can Lia, try not to worry.

Bewildered by this they just stared, only Lia and Kara knew how anomalous Treyu was from the hunt so they were looking more with intrigue but Treyu only knew Kara knew how different he is.

1