Chapter 1 – The Tomb Raid
291 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur trudged down the path, carrying a large backpack on his back. 

He was one of the many thousands who found themselves here in the land of Alysia, struggling to live and some day get home. 

Unfortunately, when he came here, he was the same as he was on Earth, a bookworm who loved to read manga. He was 16 years old, and was only 14 when he was suddenly brought here while he was reading in bed at night. 

He appeared in his pajamas, with his dick in his hand while reading a hentai manga, and was completely unprepared for this world. 

Unlike others who were athletes and were suited to become warriors having naturally discovered aura, or those who were religious or studious and somehow discovered themselves having mana, Arthur had nothing. 

He has been here already for nearly 2 years, and had not increased much. He was still a level 3 generic warrior with no skills.

Yes, like a computer game, people from Earth could look up their stats on a screen that popped up whenever they called it. But it was pointless for Arthur, since his stats were nearly unchanged since he came here, with the exception of a few strength and durability points he acquired from being a slave.

Unlike many of the people who left the town that they appeared in, who have thrived or died, Arthur remained in the town. after nearly being killed by wolves when he banded up and followed a group to leave town.

Then he found a job in the village as a delivery boy assisting the village baker deliver bread, but the town got sacked by bandits and he was sold as a slave.

Now here he was, having being bought by a rich adventurer, becoming a porter to carry their supplies and later on their respective loot as they went tomb raiding.

The team was led by Frederick Lumpold IV, a rich noble who was now Arthur's master, and he led a team of adventurers he hired for the mission.

He was dressed in a bright looking white and gold plate mail armor, looking very grand and proud with a large longsword at his side. 

There was a group of 6 knights with them who served his household, as well as a ranger to lead the way, a priest for healing, and a mage, all whom he hired from the local adventurer's guild.

They were all Level 30 and above, with the exception of Frederick himself who was a level 26.

As for Arthur, he was one of 4 porters, with the other 3 slaves looking like locals from this world. While they carried backpacks, they all wore metal collars on their necks to symbolize that they were owned by someone, with a tag naming their owner, like a dog on Earth. 

Approaching the dungeon, Frederick started organizing his group. 

"Alright! This is a newly discovered tomb. It is rumored that it was the tomb of the once famous mage Rathmarov, who died 4000 years ago. As you know, tombs are as dangerous as dungeons. But rather than natural occurring monsters, tombs would have traps, curses and spells protecting their treasures. 

So the Angribus the ranger will lead, followed by me and my knights, then Priestess Priscilla and Durbin will follow after. The porters will follow behind" he said as he nodded at the ranger. 

Angribus nodded and went straight into the tomb, followed by Frederick and the rest. Arthur followed fearfully. 

This was his first tomb, dungeon or such since he got here. 

Although fearful, he was envious of other Earthlings who traversed to this land and made good for themselves. Even among this group, he was sure Priscilla and Durbin were from Earth, based on their names. 

However, unlike them, he had no talent, and while they had raised up to Level 30 and above in the 5 years or so Earthlings had been appearing, he himself has barely reached Level 3 in 2 years. 

Deeper and deeper they travelled. It was strange to have a tomb being so deep, considering that a tomb was only meant to house a dead body. This was more like a dungeon as they had already been travelling for over an hour inside this tomb. 

However, to their surprise, there were no traps, no curses, no undead protectors, nothing.

They found the tomb, which was an unadorned stone sarcophagus, surrounded by relics all around the room.

The team inspected at the relics carefully before Frederick instructed Arthur and the porters to start packing everything of value.

Frederick then approached the sarcophagus when the mage Durbin stopped him.

"It might be trapped, Use one of your porters to open it" Durbin said

Frederick looked at his porters and instructed one of them to open it

The porter was standing next to Arthur, but he was well built, standing at 180cm unlike Arthur who was 170cm but skinny.

The porter pushed the stone lid, but it didn't move.

"You! Help him" Frederick ordered

A second porter helped but it still didn't open

Frederick then ordered Arthur and the other porter to help, and all 4 of them pushed with all their might.

As they pushed, the sarcophagus lid started moving and they pushed some more, since they had the momentum.

They continued pushing the whole lid off, but Arthur didn't realize as his hand slipped in and he touched the body inside.

He felt something leathery and cold, and a slight tingle entered his hand.

He quickly retracted his hand, but the rest of the group gasped in shock.

Inside was a only looking man, but he wasn't decomposed or anything. In fact, he looked like he was only asleep

"That...that's Rathmarov!" the mage Durbin said

The dead mage's eyes suddenly opened wide as the group pulled back in caution.

He sat up and suddenly pointed at everyone with maddened eyes and opened his mouth.

But instead of saying something, the mage's jaw dropped off.

His skin started disintegrating as his eyeballs shriveled. 

Right in front of their terrified eyes, the body aged into a skeleton and his skull dropped off the skeleton as the skeleton collapsed. 

The skull landed right between Arthur's legs as it crumbled to dust. 

Arthur suddenly screamed as he felt a burning in his mind and in his stomach. 

"What's wrong with him?" Frederick asked

"His hand touched the body. Perhaps he is cursed" the priestess Priscilla said. 

"What do we do?" asked one of the porters

"Leave him. Get the packed bags and leave" Frederick said

The 3 porters got the 4 backpacks and started leaving with the rest of the group. 

Frederick looked back at the screaming Arthur, writing on the ground in pain as he unsheathed his sword to kill him. 

He had started vomiting blood and his pants were already soiled due to the uncontrollable diarrhea and piss

"Damn it! I hope we don't get cursed too" Frederick said, re-sheathing his sword and leaving Arthur behind. 

As the group left the cave, Frederick ordered the knights to seal the tomb and they hacked at the rocks nearby, to cause a rockslide to cover the entrance to the tomb. 

With that, they left as the screaming voice of Arthur could still be heard. 

10