Chapter 18 – Heading North
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthurus, Ultear, Minerva, Kagura and Mirajane left the Forest of Despair, deciding to head north to the mountain range that the locals call the Rooftop of the World, supposedly where the dragons live. 

Leaving the forest and finding a road, instead of going back south to Runesong, they instead followed the road heading north. 

Along the way, Arthurus wanted to see Mirajane's abilities. When he had woken up, she had already dispatched the illithids, and even Ultear, Minerva and Kagura didn't see her fight.

She was gently, soft and shy, making it hard to believe she was the one that brutally slaughtered the evil and hard to defeat illithids.  

And right now, the perfect opportunity had arisen as a group of bandits blocked their path. 

"Surrender all your belongings and the women, and you may go with your life" a large bandit with a scar on his face said. 

"And you can keep their clothes too... we only need them.. " another bandit said and laughed. 

Kagura stepped forwards and was prepared to draw her sword but Arthurus stopped her. 

Even a single one of the avatars could handle them without using their magic, but Arthurus wanted to see what Mirajane can do. 

"Can you handle this Mirajane?" he asked

She nodded quietly and stepped forwards past Kagura. 

"Do you need me to...ah...masturbate or do anything?" Arthurus asked, wondering what powered Mirajane

"No need" she smiled as she ripped off her robes and threw it to him. 

The bandits started cheering before Mirajane turned back to face them, naked.

"What about the other 3?" the bandit asked 

"No need, I'm enough for all of you" Mirajane said as her smile suddenly looked evil

Suddenly, an incredible killing intent exploded out of her, and she sprouted horns, huge bat-like wings, tails and her arms and legs were covered with hard demonic armor and claws. 

Arthurus immediately felt his mana being used as she charged at the bandits. 

While she was normally so gentle and soft, when she turned into a demon like this, she was extremely aggressive and brutal. 

She ripped apart the bandits without mercy, making the scene as brutal as when Minerva cast [Disassemble] or Kagura cast [Gravity Crush] as blood and body parts splattered everywhere. 

Her claws rendered their metal swords, shields and armor to shreds together with flesh and bone, the bodies were so heavily mutilated that one couldn't tell the bodies apart, or even if the body parts came from the same body.  

And she moved so fast, Arthurus' eyes could hardly follow her. She was faster than any of the avatars, although if Ultear used [Time Freeze] or Minerva used [Teleport], they probably could reach from point to point faster. 

He was uncertain, but Mirajane's demon form could possibly match or was stronger and more durable than the avatars in melee combat. 

"Uh... lets follow her... she already disappeared" Minerva said as the 4 of them followed the trail of destruction through the forest. 

They followed the trail of mutilated bodies until they reached what looked like a fortress in a hill

There was a drawbridge across a ravine to enter the main entrance of the fort, but it looked like the door was smashed right through without even opening. 

Minerva teleported all of them across as they entered the fort.

If anything, the inside of the fortress was even more gory especially in corridors as bloody body parts were stuck even on the ceiling and were dripping blood to the floor.

Suddenly, Arthurus felt his mana stopped being used and he panicked, wondering what had happened to Mirajane

"Let's hurry" he said, leading the way. 

They entered a main hall, with body parts littered everywhere

The naked Mirajane had transformed back to normal, and was casually playing with an eyeball!

It was so strange to see such a pure and innocent looking woman, playing with the gruesome bodypart 

"Master!" she beamed, throwing the eyeball away and jumping on him, her arms around his neck and her legs wrapped around his waist. 

She started kissing him on the lips 

"So... how did I do?" she asked

"Impressively" Arthurus replied, looking at the many corpses. As they were all so mangled up, he couldn't even tell how many people were killed.

At that moment, Arthurus realized that his mana had stopped being used, but it remained stuck at the lower level after Mirajane used it, without being replenished. 

He wondered if she needed to be unsummoned to recover his mana.  

They discovered that the bandits had saved up a ton of treasures and loot they robbed from passing travellers. 

Arthurus also found 7 new dimension rings, which he kept all the loot they received.

He transferred their own gold and the humanoid they found at the illithid base from Minerva's storage dimension into his own ring, as he gave each of them their own rings, while keeping 3 for himself. 

They encountered a few more hinderances along their journey and Arthurus allowed Mirajane to work with the other 3 avatars to enhance their teamwork. 

While the 3 avatars cooperated naturally, because they were avatars of magic, Mirajane took some time to get used to fighting with them. 

However, their teamwork became smoother when it was discovered that Mirajane had mental magic and coult telepathically link their minds in a mind chat. 

She also revealed she had darkness, lightning, fire and water magic which she could use at a higher level than Arthurus, only her skills with such magic was purely for destruction. 

This made sense, explaining how she could defeat the illithids so easily, because she was also a practitioner of mental and darkness magic, magics the illithids are known for. 

As for how they worked together, unlike Ultear, Minerva or Kagura, Mirajane didn't need Arthurus to be aroused or anything and could attack directly. 

While the 3 avatars preferred to stay clothed, Mirajane preferred to fight in the nude!

There were some times where he unsummoned Mirajane, or let the avatars disappear into his testicles and anus, just to let them rest, and for him to replenish his mana in the case of Mirajane. 

Fortunately, as his mana could maintain Mirajane's demon form for just under 3 hours, it also replenishes fully under 3 hours. It appears that Mirajane's demon form consumed 1 mana per second. With his large amount of over 10,000 mana, he could sustain her for that long. 

--

They arrived at another town in the journey called Reclomb and decided to spend a night at the inn. 

Arthurus booked a room and they went down to the pub for a meal. 

While they were served their food, which was a meat broth and some meat, the bard was playing music and telling stories in song form. 

The bard sang about a castle floating in the sky, the legendary castle Rendozir and the mysterious and legendary magician Tormon.

Tormon was a famous magician from 1200 years ago and was widely known as the most powerful magician of his time. 

He had retreated into his castle after a disagreement with the king of his era, and he cast a spell ripping the castle up by its very foundations and disappeared into the sky.

But every once in a while, the floating castle would be seen by shepherds in the north or farmers nearby.

Recently, the bard sang, it was seen again over the Clearsky Lake in the nearby Plumwood forest

"Sounds like fun. Want to go check it out?" Arthurus asked

"Sure, why not?" Minerva said 

"I will follow you anywhere master" Mirajane said

"Lets do it" Ultear said as Kagura simply nodded

They stayed the night in their room and left early the next morning, to look for the floating castle in the sky

2