Chapter 216: Making a Difference.
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amidst the echoes of gratitude from the freed captives, Roy stepped forward, his heart heavy with the weight of their shared suffering and the hope of a better future. Each freed magji creature bore the scars of their captivity, their eyes reflecting a mixture of fear, relief, and tentative hope. Roy's stormy gray eyes swept over them, each one a unique individual with a story to tell, a life that had been unjustly imprisoned. With a voice that carried the weight of their collective struggle yet softened by compassion, Roy addressed the newly freed beings, his words directed not just to a crowd, but to individuals with their own hopes and dreams.

"You have endured the chains of oppression," he began, his voice trembling slightly with emotion, "and now, you stand at a crossroads." His words hung in the air, a silent invitation for each magji creature to contemplate their own future. "The path forward is yours to choose." As the liberated beings listened intently, their hearts filled with gratitude and uncertainty, Roy extended an offer, his words spoken not just to a group, but to each soul yearning for freedom. "You may return to the homes from which you were unjustly taken," he offered, his tone gentle yet resolute, "go back to a life of peace."

But there was another option, one that spoke to the hearts of those who had known nothing but captivity and oppression. "Alternatively," Roy continued, his gaze softening with empathy, "for those who seek a different destiny, there is our Magji Liberation Front—a collective force against the constraints that have bound true magji freedom." The liberated beings, grateful for their deliverance, faced a momentous decision.

The liberated beings stood amidst the rubble of their former prison, their faces a canvas of conflicting emotions. Some lingered near the entrance, their gazes drifting wistfully towards the surface, where the faint glow of daylight beckoned like a distant memory. They hesitated, their footsteps faltering as they grappled with the weight of their decision. One group of magji creatures, a family of albino humanoid avians with feathers the color of pure white, shifted uneasily from foot to foot, their wings trembling with uncertainty. They glanced back at the group, then towards the tunnel leading to freedom. For a moment, it seemed torn between the safety of familiarity and the unknown promise of liberation.

Nearby, another creature, a lumbering beast with fur as dark as midnight, pawed at the ground nervously. Its eyes flickered with rage, it didn’t hesitate to choose the life that would help feed the beast instead. It glanced at Roy, already having an answer, before moving confidently toward him.

Roy, standing nearby, watched the scene unfold with a sense of quiet pride. He understood the importance of allowing these individuals to make their own choices, even if it meant sacrificing the opportunity to strengthen the Magji Liberation Front. As Adrian led the group back towards the surface, their footsteps echoing softly against the walls of their former prison, Roy couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment. He knew that their journey was far from over, that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and dangers. But he also knew that they had made their decision with courage and conviction, and for that, he was proud.

For those with homes to return to, the path was clear, marked by the joyous prospect of reunions and a life familiar to them. Yet, Roy provided a beacon of hope for those without a place to call home or who wanted to achieve true magji freedom for all magji kind. The Magji Liberation Front's hideout became a sanctuary, a refuge for those seeking solace and camaraderie in the face of a shared struggle. Their new organization grew significantly in only a single day. The Magji Liberation Front became not only a force of resistance but a symbol of resilience and solidarity, shaping the destinies of those who had once languished in the shadows of tyranny. Through their collective efforts, the members of the Magji Liberation Front began to shape the destinies not only of themselves but of all magji kind, ushering in a new era of freedom and equality for generations to come.


The tension crackled in the air like static electricity at the apex of Dhara's bustling city, where once-vibrant streets now teemed with protestors clamoring for transparency and answers. The city's OM branch experienced the sudden disappearance of several influential figures, which sparked a firestorm of concern that couldn't be ignored. These individuals wielded power and influence like currency, their absence leaving a void that threatened to destabilize the delicate balance of power.

At the heart of the turmoil stood a group of high-ranking officials, their faces etched with worry, frustration, and stress as they convened in a brightly illuminated conference room. Among them was the experienced A-Grade magjistar, Elena Vasquez, whose commanding presence filled the room as she paced back and forth, her steely gaze fixed on the assembled group. "We need answers, and we need them now," Elena declared, her voice carrying the weight of urgency. Across from her sat Kieran Patel, another A-Grade magjistar renowned for his extensive connections rather than his prowess in combat. Leaning forward with furrowed brows, Kieran voiced the growing concerns plaguing their city."The clans and factions are growing restless," he murmured, his words heavy with apprehension. "They demand answers for the disappearance and deaths of their leaders."

Beside Kieran sat B-Grade magjistar Mia Thompson, a young but well-connected woman. Fingers tapping impatiently on the tabletop, Mia's mind raced with the possibilities of the situation unfolding before them. "We can't afford to sit idly by while chaos consumes our city," she asserted, frustration coloring her voice. "Those protestors are only exacerbating the situation with their cries about a bunch of insignificant magji creatures going missing."

As the group deliberated their next course of action, a sense of unease settled over them like a dark cloud. Outside, the city skyline loomed ominously, casting long shadows across the streets below. Suddenly, the door burst open, and a fairie rushed in, their face pale with urgency. "Master Vasquez, Master Patel," they gasped, struggling to catch their breath. "We've received reports of riots breaking out in the eastern district. The clans and factions are joining up with the protestors! I believe the protestors may have been encouraged by the clans and factions due to a lack of answers from us!"

“But that doesn’t make sense!” Mia retorted, her frustration boiling over. "The protestors are complaining about missing magji creatures, and the clans and factions are upset about missing magjistars! Those are two completely different things!”

"People are going missing. That’s all they care about," the fairie responded grimly, their voice tinged with resignation.

As Elena Vasquez's authoritative words echoed in the conference room, her determination to quell the unrest was palpable. "We must restore order to our city," she declared, her gaze unwavering. "The protestors must understand that their actions have consequences, and we cannot allow the clans and factions to exploit this chaos for their own gain."

Kieran Patel's expression remained somber as he emphasized the importance of the investigation. "Every lead must be followed, every witness interviewed," he insisted, his voice carrying a sense of urgency. "We can’t allow our most important investors to lose hope in us. Those protestors aren’t important, but we can’t allow them to cause us a headache. Focusing on finding the missing VIPs is our top priority. Punishing the protestors comes second to that."

Mia Thompson, her mind still racing with possibilities, interjected with a sense of urgency. "My uncle said he was going to give me a present on the day that those people went missing!" she remembered, her voice tinged with joy. "I don’t know where he went, but someone has to know something about his whereabouts if we investigate deep enough!"

“Good, that’s a start. Amelia, I want your Peacekeepers heading to these clans and factions to investigate the whereabouts of the missing VIPs. Then I want to know where the hell all these bastards decided to go and get themselves killed. We need someone to shift the city’s hatred on besides ourselves!” Elena shouted.

“Yes, Ma’am!” Amelia Patil, B-Grade magjistar, and the Chief Peacekeeper in Dhara nodded.

The news of the OM branch's Peacekeepers descending upon the estates and grounds of the clans and factions rippled through Dhara like a shockwave. In the heart of the clan territories, where tradition and loyalty were as sturdy as the stone walls surrounding their ancestral homes, the intrusion of the Peacekeepers was met with fierce defiance. Clan leaders, their brows furrowed with righteous indignation, stood tall before the enforcers of the law, their voices ringing out with defiance as they rejected any semblance of cooperation. Their eyes flashed with ancestral pride, refusing to yield even an inch of their hard-won autonomy and honor.

Elena gave these annoying bastards a choice. Let the Peacekeepers complete their investigation or shut the fuck up about finding out what happened to their important family members. Of course, as one of the most important people in Dhara, she said it with far more eloquence than that but that was the gist of it. They either cooperated or they would never find out what happened to their missing people. Some were fine with that as long as the Peacekeepers weren’t sniffing around in their personal territory. Others heavily restricted the area where the Peacekeepers were allowed to travel and the people they could talk to. But eventually, they got something after weeks of political turmoil. An underground auction.


Comment/Review the story, readers, and give me ideas on possible skills, situations, developments, etc., of things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

Shout-out to special Patreon members: Tuan Nguyen

0