Chapter 68: The Awakenings?
785 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible skills, situations, developments, and etc of things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  When Alice awoke in the hospital, the first thing she said when waking up was, “The Green Monster Lady is going to eat me!” 

  She held her chest, waking from the nightmare and taking in her surroundings. Her room was mostly dark, but Alice could see two bulky figures sitting in chairs staring in her direction. At least two shadowy figures that looked like people anyway. Even some of the jocks at her high school didn’t have bodies like that when she knew they lifted weights every day of the school week. 

  Then memories of before she woke up in the hospital began to float inside her head. Freaky monsters that looked like humans. Could talk like people. And there were people called magic stars or something that killed them!  

  Were these two monsters or humans!? Alice frantically looked around for something she could use as a weapon, but there was nothing! Realizing that fighting her way out wasn’t an option, Alice decided to try and escape. She couldn’t tell if these two were awake or asleep, but if they were awake, they’d say something by now, right? 

  Alice’s fingers tightly clinched her covers as she checked how her body felt. Slightly moving her arms, fingers, and wiggling her legs. Alice readied herself to throw the cover over one of the two figures and then toss the IV stand posted next to her bed at the other. Hopefully, that would give her enough time to shout for help and run away outside the room. 

“Alice Walker. There is no need to be afraid.” A deep soothing voice came from the left dark figure. 

The right figure turned on the lights, revealing two men in black business suits. 

“What you witnessed that day was no dream.” A stern fatherly type voice came from the right suit. 

“Monsters and magic are really real...?” Alice couldn’t help but question. 

“Yes, and you had an unfortunate encounter with a troublesome group of sorts.” Left Suit pulled out a frog from the inside of his business suit. 

“Ribbit.” The frog croaked. 

“...?” Alice still hasn’t let down her guard and was ready to toss her cover at a moment’s notice. 

“This is a magji tool that can remove a person’s worst memories with a maximum limit of up to one week. If you wish, all of this can disappear, and you can go back to living your life as a normal high school student with a hobby for streaming.” Left Suit explained. 

“What’s the other option...?” Alice felt that it was heading in that direction. 

  And yes, she clearly thought about going back to her regular life while leaving all of the crap she experienced near that subway behind. But Alice wasn’t the type of person to stay ignorant about something as huge as this. Magic, monsters, magical tools that looked like a frog for some reason, and the fact that the government is involved in all this crap too!? It sounded perfect for a rising streamer like herself! Alice prided herself on staying woke and not being ignorant about the current troubles that plague the world! 

‘Maybe there’s a chance that I'll be able to become a magic star too and do magic!’ Were her true thoughts. 

“We can hire you to our organization with several benefits and also a few conditions.” Right Suit answered. 

“What kind of conditions...? Do I need to talk to my parents about this?” Alice suddenly wondered. 

“Of course, but that depends on which choice you make.” Left Suit responded. 

“What are the conditions?” Alice repeated more confidently. 

“Do you know a Zoey Winters?” Right Suit asked. 

“Yeah, I know her. She’s that famous girl fighter, right?”  

  A bunch of the guys at school have been going crazy about her. The delinquents, the jocks, teachers, and even the losers were going crazy over this Zoey person. Alice wanted to investigate and find more out about her, but literally, everyone else also did. She couldn’t gain any hype or new viewers to her stream and dropped the whole thing entirely after that failure. 

“One of the conditions we would have for you is to become friends with her and report any information about her to us. Every single detail. Her eating habits, what she likes and dislikes, any hobbies, preferences, secrets.” Right Suit shared. 

“That’s totally not creepy at all.” Alice rolled her eyes. 

“The second condition would be for you to not reveal anything about this to anyone not a part of the magji community; otherwise, we will have to take action and remove your memories.” 

“Magji? It’s not called magic?” Alice questioned. She had a feeling that since they had a memory-erasing frog, they’d threaten her with it eventually. 

“No. And those monsters you saw are called Daemons.” Left Suit explained. 

“What about my livestream?!” Alice suddenly remembered. “I had more than 10k viewers on that day! It was the highest I've ever got!”  

“We eliminated all traces of the livestream, terminated your account, and our third condition will be that you will not be allowed to stream again.” Right Suit spoke up. 

“That’s complete fucking bullshit!” These assholes don’t know how long it took her to gain a regular following of 2k viewers! She’s been streaming since freaking middle school, where she had 5 and 10 viewers per stream. 

  Her dream was to make it big as a streamer. Now that she was forced between choosing her dream or magic, she didn’t know anymore. Alice was thinking that she could become like a magic star streamer or something! Combining the two amazing things into one even more amazinger thing, you know?  

“Give me the frog.” Alice couldn’t believe what she was saying. 

  It was either giving up her dream or working as a spy for the magic government with limited freedom. Remembering back to the comments on her stream, she’d definitely have to risk her life if she chose to join them. And young and pretty Alice Walker wasn’t ready to die so soon. It sucked that she couldn’t learn magic or magji, but her own inspirations mattered to her more than facing life-or-death battles against murderous demons. Not to add, they were a hell of a lot safer. 

“Understood.” Then everything went black as the frog’s mouth expanded and swallowed the top part of her head. 


“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!” Zoey angrily cursed as she woke up. “I fucking lost! That piece of shit stupid poison-using bitch! I’m going to fucking rip her apart until I'm fucking green with her guts!” 

  Her fingers curled and opened as she thought about how she lost. Ignoring the fact that she even woke up at all. Anger was the most prominent emotion she felt flowing throughout her body. She’s been working her ass off, and when it was finally time to show her stuff, she couldn’t pull out a win because of this stupid fucking seal! 

  Zoey clawed at the seal, weighing down her body like a furious cat, only to feel someone’s hand grabbing hers and stopping her. Then she realized she was surrounded by a lot of familiar faces, and they just witnessed the Inner Zoey in full display. With a silent breath to momentarily calm herself down, Zoey pulled the covers over her face and turned her back to everyone inside her room. 

“You saw nothing, and I said nothing...” Zoey muttered, completely fucking embarrassed. 

  Her dad, mom, little brother, Everett, Lindsay, Alexander, and Victor were all in her room for some fucking reason! Did they get off watching a person wake up!? Why the fuck did they all need to be in the room at the same time!? If it was just Victor, she could accept it because she usually talked with him using Inner Zoey but everyone else? Zoey wanted to curl up and die right now. 

“Hahahahahahaha!” Victor burst out laughing as Zoey felt herself slowly floating from her bed. 

  Her cover was removed from her as Victor sat her up on the bed with magji. Zoey could do nothing to resist. However, she could hide her face with her hands and avoid eye contact with everyone. His grating laugh just made her want to punch him in his stupid face! It was his fault she lost in the first place! If she didn’t have this stupid seal, she could’ve wiped the floor with those motherfuckers! 

  Inner Zoey was raging to lunge at Victor, while Social Zoey kept her face in her hands and just hoped her words earlier wouldn’t come to attention. Unfortunately, Victor really thought it was the funniest shit in the world. So damn funny. He couldn’t shut the fuck up and stop laughing! 

“Shut up!” Inner Zoey won. 

  Carefully avoiding her friends and family, Zoey’s fist landed straight on Victor’s stupid annoying face. Of course, she didn’t feel the impact of her fist landing but didn’t let this stop her as she was already used to his Spatial Magji. Multiple rapid-fire spiraling blows landed on Victor’s body. His laughter did not stop until he placed his arms around her. 

“It looks like my apprentice is a bit tougher than I thought. Good job, kid. I’m proud of you.” With those last words, he tapped the seal on her forehead. 

  Zoey had to hold her hand over her mouth as she felt the strength and power returning to her like an avalanche. Was it better than an orgasm? Zoey honestly couldn’t say in the moment...  Her magji violently burst from within her body and forced everyone but Victor away from her. 

[Status]  

[Name: Zoey]  

[Sex: Female]  

[Body: 4.00]  

[Mental: 1.8]  

[Magic: 3.5]  

[Skills: 11]  

[Boxing Lv10]  

[Focus Lv9]  

[Teaching Lv16]  

[Abnormal Conditions Lv15]  

[Endurance Lv14]  

[Terrifying Aura Lv7]  

[Gaming Lv8]  

[Mahna Manipulation Lv12]  

[Combo Magji Lv10]  

[Twisting Force Lv11]  

[Grappling Lv5]


40