v2 c4
329 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

T/N: Because they've been deleted from their original site, you can find the previous chapters, v1 c10 - v2 c3, on aggregator sites. Just Google "Ultimate Assassin System chapter #." Also, updates for this will be sporadic because I have stuff to do, so anyone can pick this up if I happen to take too long.


v2 c4 - I Will Ask A Priest To Absolve Your Sins

That's right, the person Storm Bear was to kill was Tang En's creditor, the gambler1T/N: Previously "rotten gambler." who he had just met at noon.

At that time, the gambler didn't know that he had already been spotted and was hurriedly carrying baskets and the like. His whole body was skinny and was unable to carry heavy loads on his shoulders or hands​, so he could only handle these light tasks.

After Storm Bear and his gang did an on-site inspection, they immediately became relieved.

He said abruptly, "Keep watch on him tonight, I'm going to kill him."

"Gambler, why don't you ask for more good fortune2T/N: This is an idiom used to reprimand someone.." Tang En secretly sighed, disguised as a passerby.

He didn't plan on saving the gambler. There was no reason to save him, not to mention their lack of familiarity. Even if he had a conscience, he had to first have the strength to do such a thing.

Tang En had been practicing his assassination skills hard these days. He was confident in winning a one-on-one match; but if it was a gang of brawny thugs, he would most likely meet a tragic end.

There was work on the port all 24 hours of the day, so naturally, the workers had night shifts.

After the gambler worked until evening, he left. Not seeing anyone greet him, he hurried away.

Tang En unhurriedly followed behind Storm Bear and continued monitoring.

Oh, this direction... Tang En's heart jumped, knowing that the gambler would not be able to escape this crisis today.

It was because towards the front was where he had stopped the gambler at noon. That place was quiet and dark, the alleys crisscrossing, a great place to do dirty things.

Sure enough, when passing through this place, Storm Bear and his gang sped up to approach the gambler.

The gambler heard the sound of footsteps behind him and turned his head. Seeing a group of unkind-looking people approaching, he also knew something was wrong. With a scream, he ran forward.

"Help, murder!"

"Stop."

"Run again and I'll hack you to death!"

With such an atmosphere, the muscular man who pursuing let go of his hands and feet. He loudly scared the gambler with a joking tone.

It was laughable trying to tell the other party to stop during a chase, let alone killing them.

But this trick was undeniably effective for mentally weak people.

For example, when the gambler heard the shouting behind him, he felt that he had already been caught up to. At last, upon turning into an alley, he fell to the ground in a panic.

This was a long alley. Under the cover of the night, the alley had no end in sight.

Storm Bear told an underling to keep watch at the alley's entrance and walked in with a grin.

"Ha, how did you guys say Boss Storm Bear would kill that gambler?"

"How else? Just by hacking to death!"

"Not necessarily, with Boss's temper, maybe he'll just cut the gambler's head off. Third, what do you think? Third, what are you looking at?"

"Uh, nothing. It seems like a dark figure ran across the top of the wall just now. Hmm, it should be the cats nearby. Right, what were you saying?"

…………

In the middle of the alley, Storm Bear panted a few times. "Haa... running, why don't you try running now? Damn it, I chased you for two streets!"

"Ah... misunderstanding, ah, big brother, are you mistaken, I don't know you..." The gambler backed away.

Storm Bear laughed mockingly. "Misunderstanding? I'm from the Axe Gang, do you think it's a misunderstanding?"

"Axe, Axe Gang?" The gambler's expression changed drastically. "Big brother, one of your people, I'm very close with Boss One-Eyed."

"Ridiculous, Boss One-Eyed is also one of your creditors."

One-Eyed, one of the Axe Gang's bosses. In his early years when he had appeared, he had been blinded in one eye when killing someone, so he had been given the nickname One-Eyed.

"Yes, yes I was in the wrong. Big brother, let me go for a bit, I'll return the money I owe. I'll give you all the money I have on me." With a face full of tears and snot, the gambler tremblingly took out several silver coins and over ten copper coins.

"Your little amount of money is not even enough to ask a priest to absolve the sins of the dead. Instead, you should die with your mind at ease. Remember, the one who killed you was Storm Bear of the Axe Gang." Storm Bear's glare was murderous. He was set on killing the gambler, so how could he be moved by this small amount of money?

The gambler was desperate. He knew it would be difficult to escape today. How could he beat the strong Storm Bear?

But even ants cherish their own lives, let alone human beings. He trembled and took something out. It had a short wooden handle, a narrow blade, and a wide body. It was the farming axe that had been mortgaged by Tang En.

"Huh, an axe..." Storm Bear's eyes widened and he said disbelievingly, "You want to use an axe to play with me?"

There was a sudden eruption of laughter. Storm Bear felt that tears were going to come out laughing. "Haha, are you really going to use an axe against me? Haha..."

Suddenly, Storm Bear pulled out a one-handed, wide, double-edged axe from behind him. "Look closely, this is a fucking axe."

…………​​

Damn it, this situation...

Tang En was dressed in black and squatting on the wall. There was no doubt that if the wide, double-edged axe hit the farming axe, the old farmer's axe would definitely be damaged. He would not allow this to happen.

Sure enough, the plan could not keep up with the changes... but now Storm Bear was alone, so this situation wasn't the worst.

Quickly making up his mind, Tang En quietly slipped behind Storm Bear along the wall.

As the old butler had said, Tang En was quite talented in hiding. Currently, among all the assassination skills, his concealment skill's level was the highest.

Storm Bear was still showing off his wide double-edged axe, completely unaware of the god of death behind him who was about to harvest his life. However...

"Ah, help!" The desperate gambler suddenly saw a black-clothed man with a dagger behind Storm Bear and cried out ecstatically.

"Huh?" Storm Bear turned his head to look.

Come on!

Tang En had the urge to smash the wall. No need to be afraid of godlike enemies, only pigs... Pah, don't insult pigs.

"Roar!"

Storm Bear saw that a black-clothed man with a dagger had suddenly appeared behind him. Before he could even think, he roared and swung his one-handed axe at his head.

A strong wind rushed towards his face, the blade coming out of nowhere.

After crying out for help, the gambler knew that he had done something bad. It was like swallowing a bitter pill full of regrets.

At the moment, he could only hope that the black-clothed man was superior and could defeat Storm Bear.

But the gambler became desperate, because the black-clothed man seemed to have been shocked by Storm Bear's roar, staring blankly at the axe falling downwards. It was over...

Snicker...

"Clang clang!"

Storm Bear staggered two steps forward and dropped his heavy axe. He clutched his throat with both hands and made unintelligible noises. "Uh, hehe..."

The blood that couldn't be blocked spurted out.

The gambler's jaw dropped. He had only just now seen the black-clothed man standing, appearing behind Storm Bear like a ghost, and then a cold flash of light. And then, it was over...

Tang En looked down at his slightly bent dagger and shook his head.

Just now, Storm Bear had charged forward too hard. As soon as the axe had left his hand, Tang En had seen an opportunity. But his charge had still been heavy, and the dagger had cut Storm Bear's throat bones, so it became bent immediately.

"Don't worry, the money you have is enough. I'll ask a priest to absolve your sins."

"Huh, what expression is that? Be at ease, you won't be able to use this money in heaven or hell anyways, so why not do a good deed and give it to me..."

"If you aren't going to say anything, I'll take it as agreement."

"Don't blame me for talking too much, honestly, I'm just a little nervous..."

As Tang En spoke, he pulled ten gold coins from Storm Bear's body.

Storm Bear's throat had been pierced. It was no longer a problem of breathing, and Tang En could not be replied to. After a while of clutching at his throat in vain, Storm Bear finally leaned against the wall silently.

"Still haven't left? Are you going to chat about axes with the remaining others?" Tang En said to the gambler annoyedly.

…………

Skink Avenue, the main road of the south port in Black Rock City.

Tang En stretched out a hand. "Axe..."

"Wha, what axe?" The strenuous running just now had made the gambler a little oxygen-deficient, and he didn't react.

"Nonsense, of course it's the axe I lent to you."

"So it's this bad guy... uh, it's you... hehe..." The gambler smiled and handed the axe to Tang En.

Tang En scrunched his brows, wanting to kick the man in front of him back to those gang members.

"Take this."

"What? Gold- gold coins!" The gambler hurriedly picked up the gold coins thrown over by Tang En.

Tang En: "Don't say I didn't remind you that Storm Bear is dead now and the Axe Gang won't let you off. You'd better take the money and leave Black Rock City."

"Understood, understood. I have a distant relative in Shanhai City, so I'll go to him."

"Good."

"Thank you, thank you... can, can I know your name? I don't have any other motive, I just want to..."

"Hitman! It's my code name."

"Uh, I've remembered it, I'll leave first."

Seeing the gambler disappear into the night, Tang En quickly stepped into the shadows and vomited.

For a long time, he breathed heavily while holding onto the wall and shook his head.

"Heart Calm as Water, Heart Calm as Water..."

3