Chapter 3 – The Starting of the Second Test
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning, Shikato and the others were still sleeping. The TV automatically turned on and the announcer appeared.

 

"Good morning, everyone. I know that you guys are still sleeping so I'm going to wake you guys up with this annoying sound."

 

An annoying sound appeared. Everyone woke up because of the sound.

 

"We are now awake. Can you turn off that annoying sound that you are playing?"

 

"The announcer can't hear you. He's on the TV."

 

"Hello, I can hear you and I can also see you. Shikato Rando, wake up or Rachael and the princess will cry."

 

Shikato woke up.

 

"What do you mean by that?"

 

Shikato was hugging Rachael and Perlita, the princess, when he woke up.

 

"Oh, that's why. I'm sorry about that, Perlita and Rachael."

 

"I really don't mind since I'm a boy but I don't know about the princess."

 

Shikato looked at Perlita.

 

"Um... Perlita, are you okay?"

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay."

 

In Perlita's mind, "I couldn't really sleep that night because Shikato hugged me tightly."

 

Shikato is very concerned about Perlita.

 

"I don't think that you are okay but if you say that you are okay, then I'm fine with that."

 

"You idiot. There's no way that the princess would be okay with that."

 

"She said she's okay so she is okay."

 

"What an idiot."

 

"Anyways, let's go and prepare. Girls shall go first and take a bath. You boys make the breakfast."

 

"Okay. Rando, let's go and prepare now."

 

"What food shall we cook though?"

 

"Just cook something like for breakfast type. It should make us have a lot of energy."

 

"Give us a lot of energy? I don't know about that but I can make the breakfast delicious."

 

"That's more than enough. Good food is always the best."

 

"Okay. Rando, let's go and make the food now."

 

"Yeah. Take all the ingredients that we need so we can make a nice and delicious dish."

 

Rando and Rachael went to make breakfast while the girls went to take a bath. After a while, the girls finished taking a bath and dressed up. The boys finished eating breakfast and took a bath. The girls ate breakfast and the boys finished dressing up.

 

"Rando, hurry up. We are going to be late."

 

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

 

"We need to go and wait for an announcement in the hall."

 

"I see. Let's go."

 

The girls were waiting in the living room.

 

"Shikato, Rachael, hurry up or we are going to leave you two here."

 

Rachael heard what May said.

 

"Rando, they're calling us."

 

"Okay, let's go."

 

Rachael and Shikato left the bathroom.

 

"What were you guys doing in the bathroom? Don't tell me you have done something indecent?!"

 

"So, Rando, you're into boys?!"

 

"Wait, wait, wait. I'm not even into boys. There's no way I would be into boys."

 

"Stop fighting, let's go to the hall."

 

Shikato and the others went to the hall and waited for some announcement or an announcer or someone going in there and telling them what they are going to do.

 

Shikato asked, "When are they going here?"

 

May answered "I don't know. They just said to wait here."

 

"That sucks. I don't like waiting."

 

"Well then, this is a nice practice to have patience."

 

Ayaka joined the conversation.

 

"What are you guys talking about? Is there fighting included?"

 

"Why is your brain only filled with fighting while May here is filled with something else."

 

"And how come is your head filled with only food?"

 

"Well, that's a great point."

 

Someone appeared in the hall and that someone, started talking.

 

"Hello, everyone. I'm sure you have been waiting."

 

Shikato replied, "Yeah, I've waited a long time. I already got hungry."

 

That someone started talking again.

 

"That's a bit rude to interrupt. Here."

 

That someone gave Shikato a burger.

 

"There's a burger for you. I've taken a liking to you so that's why I won't be harsh but I won't hold back if I'm going to kill you."

 

In Shikato's mind, "She's kind but what a yandere."

 

"Anyways, my name is Nakamura Hina. Call me Nakamura."

 

Shikato replied, "Can I just call you, Hina?"

 

She answered, "If that's what you like to call me, you could."

 

In Shikato's mind again, "This girl is a freaking yandere."

 

Rachael asked, "Can I call you that as well?"

 

Hina shouted, "No! Only Ran can only call me that. All of you, except Ran, will call me Nakamura."

 

Rachael talked to Shikato.

 

"Rando, she looks like she has something to do to you later. Better watch out."

 

"That's right. She's a yandere, after all.

 

"Yandere? What is that word? Is it some kind of cruel word?"

 

"Never mind that and looks like she's staring at me with a stupid smile on her face."

 

Nakamura said, "Anyways, we are going to have the second round now so we can determine which class should you be into. And also, Ran, you're not entering this round. You're already going to be in Class A. Even if you participate now, you would only dominate this challenge."

 

Rando replied, "O-Okay."

 

"And that also means, you're going to be spending your time with me for the entire day, Ran. Let's make this day a memorable one."

 

"Huh? What do you mean? And what's this "Ran" thing you're talking about?"

 

"It's your nickname, made by me. Doesn't it sound very nice?"

 

"No, not in a certain way."

 

Nakamura knelt down because of what she just heard.

 

"Oh my, Ran doesn't like his nickname. What shall I do now? My heart really hurts from that one. I feel like I might die from this pain."

 

"Um... It's nice that you have a nickname for me so thank you for that, Hina."

 

Nakamura stood up and hugged Shikato.

 

"Then, shall we go, Ran?"

 

"Go to where?"

 

"Somewhere special. Let's go."

 

Nakamura dragged Shikato to go to that "somewhere special" place. Someone stood up.

 

She said, "Nakamura Hina, what are we going to do in this round?"

 

After seeing who she was, Nakamura knelt down and replied,

 

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, princess."

 

In Shikato's mind, "Perlita, thank you for distracting her and it's now time for the escaping time."

 

Shikato is walking away from Nakamura.

 

"Anyways, tell us what we are going to do for this round."

 

"Can I have one moment first?"

 

"Yeah, sure."

 

Nakamura got a hold of Shikato.

 

"Anyways, what you are going to do in this round is going to include swordsmanship and magic. All you have to is break those crystals over there. Each one of them has different characteristics. That crystal on the left can only be broken by a sword or any weapons and that crystal on the right can only be broken by magic. It's that simple. Each one of you will have one minute to break one of them. If you can't destroy any of them, you can have another try if twenty-five of you still didn't break it. That's all. Using magic in a sword will be considered cheating and the one who cheated will be in Class B and get a harsh punishment. So better not cheat. Am I right, Ran?"

 

"Y-Yeah. Time out. You're hurting me."

 

"Oh my. I'm sorry about that. Anyways, go on and start. The line will be in alphabetical order. Let's now go on a date, Ran."

 

She started dragging Shikato.

 

"Wait, wait, wait. Help me, please."

 

In just a blink of an eye, they were gone.

 

May said, "Looks like they're gone. Anyways, let's start the test."

 

They lined up in alphabetical order, just like what Nakamura said. They started the test.

 

(In Shikato's point of view)

 

"Um... where are we going?"

 

"Are you still hungry?"

 

"Y-Yeah. Are we going to eat?"

 

"That's right. Let's go. I'll pay for everything."

 

"Oh, thank you, Hina."

 

Nakamura got embarrassed. Her heartbeat got faster after Shikato said that.

 

"Ran, c-can I h-hold your hand?"

 

"Sure. There's going to be a lot of people, anyways. Here."

 

Shikato held her hands. Nakamura turned red.

 

"Hina, why are glowing up like a strawberry?"

 

"Oh my. Don't worry about that. It just happens every day."

 

"Oh, I see. Anyways, let's go."

 

In Nakamura's mind, "Why is my heart beating very fast? Is this because I am nervous? I was just having fun earlier and now, I'm experiencing this weird thing. What the hell is this?"

 

Nakamura asked, "Ran, can I ask you a question?"

 

Shikato answered, "Sure, what is it?"

 

"What is a date?"

 

"Eh?! I thought you knew what it is because you were talking about having a date with me earlier."

 

"J-Just answer it."

 

In Shikato's mind, "What's really this girl's personality? She was a yandere earlier and now, she became a tsundere. Girls these days are mysterious."

 

Shikato said, "A date? I really don't get what a date is but I think it's just about a girl and a boy going out somewhere."

 

Nakamura replied, "I see. Oh my, we've wasted a lot of time talking. Let's go and eat."

 

"That's right. Let's go."

 

In Shikato's mind, "She became a tsundere just a minute ago. She is now in her yandere mode."

 

Nakamura and Shikato walked towards their destination and finally, they have arrived at a restaurant.

 

Nakamura said, "Here we are. Let's go inside, Ran."

 

Shikato replied, "Yeah, let's go."

 

They both went inside and sat down. Nakamura saw a poster.

 

Nakamura said, "Ran, look at that poster. There is a 40% couple discount."

 

Shikato asked, "What about it? Do you want us to pretend to be a couple?"

 

"Oh my. Do you want us to?"

 

"I was suggesting it because if you don't have enough money to pay for the food then, let's pretend to be a couple."

 

"If you want to then, let's do it."

 

"Anyways, let's order food."

 

Shikato and Nakamura read the menu and ordered everything that they want.

 

After a couple of minutes, the food has finally arrived.

 

Nakamura said, "Darling, let's eat."

 

Shikato said, "Yeah. D-Darling?!"

 

"Oh my, Darling, why are you surprised? We are a couple now, am I right?"

 

"Y-Yeah. Let's eat now."

 

"Darling, say "ah"."

 

"Are we really doing this?"

 

"A-Are you saying you don't want to?"

 

Nakamura got upset.

 

"Fine. "Ah"."

 

Shikato closed her eyes and open his mouth while Nakamura put food on his mouth. He was expecting food entering his mouth but what he got was a kiss on the cheek.

 

He was shocked at what she just did.

 

"W-W-W-W-What did you just do?"

 

"I just thought that it would be unexpected and it would be more a couple thing."

 

Nakamura got embarrassed after saying that and doing what she just did.

 

Shikato said, "A-Anyways, let's just eat."

 

Nakamura replied, "Yeah, that's right. The food might get cold."

 

They finished the food and paid for the food. They left the restaurant and are heading back to the hall.

 

Nakamura said, "Shikato, thank you. I had fun today."

 

Shikato replied, "I didn't do anything though. I'm supposed to be telling you that. Anyways, I had fun as well, Hina. Let's do this someday, again."

 

Nakamura got flustered.

 

"Let's go back to the hall. I think they are done destroying the diamonds."

 

"That's right. I forgot about that."

 

Shikato and Nakamura are walking back to the hall where the test is being held. After a couple of minutes, they finally arrived.

 

When Shikato and Nakamura were entering the hall, Nakamura asked, "Are you guys done yet?"

 

They saw the whole class there. They were split into two groups.

 

Shikato asked, "Um... what happened here? Why did you guys split into two groups?"

 

May answered, "Oh, you are finally back. We just finished. We split into two groups because..."

 

May got interrupted by Rachael.

 

Rachael went towards Shikato and said, "Rando, I'm glad that we are in the same class."

 

"Oh, the classes are finally decided."

 

Nakamura slapped Rachael and said, "Oh my. Why are you getting in Ran's way? Ran is mine. Am I right, Ran?"

 

"That was a very bad thing to do, Hina. Are you okay, Rachael?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Nakamura sat down out of fear.

 

"Oh my, what I have done. Now, Ran will hate me forever. What shall I do now?"

 

"Um... I won't hate you, Hina. Here, take my hand."

 

Shikato helped Nakamura stand.

 

"I won't hate you so just apologize to Rachael, Hina."

 

"I-I-I'm sorry."

 

"It's okay."

 

May said, "Shikato, looks like you can make her do everything you want her to do."

 

Ayaka entered the conversation.

 

"How about making her do something indecent?"

 

Shikato answered, "I'm not a pervert so nope. I'm not doing that. It might get into something big and I hate big problems."

 

"Oh my, I thought you wanted to do it with me. You want to do it with me, right?"

 

"Um... Hina, let's stay friends for now."

 

"F-Friends?! Looks like you don't want me anymore."

 

"Hina, that's not what I mean. It's just that you moving too forward. We are still too young for this."

 

May interrupted their conversation.

 

"Woah, what do you mean by "too young"? How old do you think Nakamura is?"

 

"Isn't she 17 years old?"

 

"Huh?! What do you mean by 17 years old? We all think that she's about in her twenty's."

 

"Then, let's ask Hina how old she really is."

 

"Nakamura, how old are you?"

 

"Why should I tell you that?"

 

"Can you tell us, Hina?"

 

"Oh my. I would tell you. I will be 18 this February 23."

 

Everyone was surprised to hear what Nakamura's age was.

 

"So that means, Hina, I'm older than you by a month."

 

"Oh my. So anyway, now that the classes are decided, Class A and Class B will be meeting the Chairman, the teachers and you will have a tour of the school. So let's go."

 

Alina asked, "Um... where are we going? Who are we going to meet?"

 

"We are going to the Chairman's place because the Chairman wants to meet all of you guys."

 

Yelena asked, "Is the chairman a good person? Is he a male or is she a female?"

 

"She's a good person."

 

In Shikato's mind, "Is this school filled with only girls?"

 

A voice came out of nowhere.

 

"That's okay, Hina."

 

"I already told you that you can't call me that unless you are Ran."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry about, Nakamura. I'll introduce myself now."

 

The one who said that finally showed her appearance.

 

Everyone was confused and was asking who she is.

 

Shikato asked, "Hina, who is that girl?"

 

"This girl is the Chairman. Her name is Narukami Shinobu. Even if she's the Chairman, she's still 17 years old."

0