Ch 4. Indeed an O-Type
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Indeed an O-Type

The place where she could receive her residence permit was close by and receiving it sounded pretty easy. She just had to prove that she was an O-Type. The building looked old, and it was built of the same dull gray stone that the wall was made of, but the inside was surprisingly modern. It reminded her of the typical government administration building with a long line of people waiting impatiently to talk to the employees set up in their cubicles all in a row. Even the lights resembled the long fluorescent lights she was used to. The waiting area was large but they didn't even bother to provide chairs so everyone could only lean against the walls or sit on the floor if they really didn't care.

There were several cubicles at the very front that were not busy, however, and those ones had a bright white sign above them with "O-Types Only" written in blood red letters. The sign looked hand written and somehow menacing. It felt like it was warning people away rather than welcoming them forward.

As they approached the cubicles for O-Types only a brave soul who had gotten impatient from waiting stepped forward and entered into an O-Types only cubicle ahead of them. The receptionist looked like a neat and tidy young woman. She had her long hair pulled into a ponytail, peach colored nail polish, and wore a white blouse with a peach colored scarf. When that brave soul approached it looked like she was reading a book.

Sylvia heard him noisily proclaim, "You aren't doing anything anyways, help me out here. What's so great about O-Types anyways, there's more of us than those fucking demons anyways."

Sylvia was expecting that the employee would ask him to leave, yell at him, or pretty much anything other than leaping over the desk and literally ripping his head off with her bare hands and smashing his body bloody on the ground.

But that was what happened. The blood splattered on the walls of the cubicle but the woman didn't seem to care. She simply left the man lying there headless as she walked around her desk and sat down again to continue reading. Even though the body was headless the limbs of that battered body were still twitching.

Being shocked nearly senseless, Sylvia didn't even realize that she was clutching her pillow tight in one arm while grasping onto Lexicon's arm with the other. When did she do that?

Lexicon freed his arm with a chuckle and patted her head. "See, this is why you're a child. It's okay, he'll return to his natal form soon, he only had his head ripped off. It's a good lesson."

Among words one never expected to hear in their life Sylvia rated "he only had his head ripped off" very highly. But then she realized that she was not thinking about this properly since she wasn't alive. Maybe after you were dead those words should instead be expected? And she had already heard earlier that people would not truly die here and getting killed like this might be good for the victim. Despite knowing such a thing she was still a bit shocked, knowing and seeing were two different things.

It was humiliating to be treated as a child but Sylvia could only pout and accept it. It seemed like Lexicon enjoyed her expression of unhappiness because he smiled even more cheerfully. "Alright little girl, let's go get your permit."

She could only be led along like a little child while hiding her face in her pillow shamefully. Damn this demon! She mentally cursed but she didn't dare say it out loud, especially after seeing somebody get their head ripped off she didn't dare be too noisy. Her heart should have been beating out of her chest but unfortunately it wasn't beating at all.

Black Lexicon led her to a cubicle that wasn't a bloody mess fortunately. The young man sitting at the desk was just staring into space with dead eyes until they came into his view. He seemed to wake up as his eyes focused on them. Sylvia wondered if he had the talent of sleeping with his eyes open? She should have been envious but she wasn't. She vaguely recalled that there was somebody who could do it in the past and that woman was creepy as hell!

The clerk asked them dully, "How can I help you?"

Black Lexicon nodded his head toward Sylvia. "This kid needs to take the O-Type test and get her residence permit."

The clerk nodded and got to his feet. "Please follow me to the testing room first." He looked over Sylvia from head to toe and seemed to especially focus on the oversized rabbit pillow before asking Black Lexicon. "Will restraints be necessary?"

Black Lexicon shook his head. "No worries, she's a child of sloth."

The clerk nodded and looked relieved.

Sylvia followed behind the clerk and Black Lexicon came along as if he were her guardian. The testing room wasn't all that scary. It was more like an observation room with a big window along one side. The rest of the room was tiled with the exception of the door they had entered and a similar door on the opposite side of the room. On the other side of the glass there was a man in a white coat sitting off to one side at a desk, guarding a shelf of bottles containing little black pills. After leading Sylvia to the room the clerk knocked briefly on the window. The man on the other side turned around and reached for some mechanism on the wall, causing the window to slide down and disappear.

"Here for testing?" he asked.

The clerk nodded. "Yeah, this lady here."

The man on the other side of the glass barely gave her a glance and then said to the others, "Alright, the two of you come over to this side and we'll get started."

The clerk seemed used to this as he simply turned and headed for the inner door and Lexicon followed him.

It was only a moment before they appeared on the other side and during that time the doctor-like person had reached for a bottle and used a set of tongs to pull out a glossy, round bead-like pill. He held it carefully and passed it over to her while warning, "Swallow it quickly. You might suddenly feel your emotions rising but that's normal. As long as you're a legitimate O-Type nothing too bad will happen. Your emotions should settle after a while."

She nodded and freed a hand from her pillow. She took the pill between her thumb and index finger, holding it as cautiously as if she'd just captured a poisonous bug. It had a strange feeling to it and she couldn't help observing it for a moment. The idea of eating such a strange thing made her wary. While she was hesitating the window closed up, leaving her isolated.

Seeing the expectant gazes on the other side of the glass she finally put the black pill into her mouth. As it settled on top of her tongue it seemed to come alive. It felt like there was no need to swallow, it practically flowed down into her body like a little worm. She shuddered as she grabbed at her throat almost as if she could dig it out. But the feelings of disgust were quickly replaced by a heavy feeling in her body. She couldn't help but sink down to her knees. She clutched her bunny pillow tightly and buried her face into it. She felt despair. Like waking up hungry knowing there was nothing to eat, sleeping desperately while turning away from reality. She only wanted to sleep, to ignore, to deny. She flopped down onto her pillow and closed her eyes as she fell fast asleep.

----------

While she was fast asleep Black Lexicon and the others watched over her. They didn't let their guards down just because she was sleeping and indeed that was the correct choice.

The harmless looking rabbit pillow expanded while she slept, growing so large that she couldn't even reach her arms around it and sank into it's stomach region. The small room could hardly contain it.

It would have been fine if that was it but the rabbit seemed to come alive. It tilted it's body to one side and lifted it's leg. A series of rainbow colored clouds appeared from the gap.

Black Lexicon chuckled as the rainbow clouds turned into small, cute animals that hopped around and guarded Sylvia while she slept.

The examiner coughed. "Well, she's certainly a child of sloth."

For the first time the clerk showed something other than his dull expression. He looked confused. "Did that rabbit just poop rainbow clouds?"

Lexicon nodded while smiling. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Well it appeared that way, but I've seen worse talents. This can be considered as cute."

The examiner shook his head. "It's not our place to judge, what's important is that she's indeed an O-Type."

As they stared at her peacefully sleeping figure Lexicon chuckled and asked, "What do you think will happen if we try to wake her up right now?"

1