So it Begins
137 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

--- Sadera ---

Setting: During the First Sadera Raid when the Americans are saving 5 Earth citizens.

Date: July 4th, 2025

 

The night is cold and Idos, the moon of this world is clear in the sky. Only a few clouds are blocking its light.

Within the city, a large explosion as one of the enemy flying machines destroyed a building. Below the flying machine are Other Worlder warriors fighting the Royal Guard.

“Fascinating,” Krysist said. He is up at one of the city keeps in his cloak, watching the battle.

Everything the rumors seem to be true. As Krysist expected, the Other Worlders flew past the impenetrable Sadera wall and defenses like they were not even there. Flying above them with those strange and large flying machines. Soldiers came out of them while the thinner ones hovered above, firing at the Royal Guard large formations.

“The rumors are true master,” Frayen said. “Their power is far superior to ours.”

Krysist watches as the battle unfold. He sees what the enemy is doing. Because they do not need to leave through the city gate, they can leave from any location they want. This allows them to insert where they want and anywhere, they want. He can see how these Other Worlders execute this strategy against the Imperial Army on the battlefield.

 “Power is not everything Frayen,” Krysist said. “Look at that.”

What Krysist is pointing at is a Grant Mage using Sky Magic. The mist she created seemed to be misdirecting the enemy missiles somehow. In addition, all the enemy flying machines move away from the battle, like birds fleeing a threat they do not understand.

“I see,” Frayen said. “They seem afraid of magic. I can think of six spells that can be used to counter this.”

“So, the rumors are true, they do not have magic on their world,” Krysist said. “They are trying to figure out what to do.”

“I never would have believed that,” Frayen points. “A world without magic.”

As the Sky Mage tries to destroy the enemy flying machines, Krysist sees a blue hair and dressed girl begin to fight the Sky Mage. During his time as a gladiator and a soldier he had to fight dozens of mages. While he cannot learn magic, he understands the basic. The spells this blue mage girl is doing surprises him.

He looks at his Apostle servant and can see that he is impressed. “Explain this.”

“It seems like that girl is merging their knowledge and our magic into one,” Frayen points out.

Krysist looks at his Apostle slave Frayen with a horrific look. The better the mage knowledge of the world is, the more powerful the spell is. If the enemy is recruiting Imperial mages and giving them their advance knowledge, then the only major advance the Empire has will be neutralized.

As the battle continues, he watched the flying machine high in the sky laydown heavy fire, wiping out the Imperial Army reinforcements. In ten seconds, one flying machine that he cannot see killed hundreds if not thousands.

The explosion is large, Krysist feeling the intense heat and shockwave. Frayen appears in front of him, shielding him from the attack.

“No wonder the Empire has suffered so many casualties,” Krysist said, laughing. “They have the range advance, and they can lay waste to advancing armies with ease. Our tactics are literally making it easier on them.” He recovers as Frayen takes his side again. “How is your back?”

“I noticed that and my back burns but will heal,” Frayen said. “Are you going to tell them master?”

The soldiers at the fort in the Elies Forest explained how a man rushed through Imperial swordsman and cavalry forces to get to his men before they could unleash their trap. That man used their trap against them by luring the cavalry away for a large flying machine far into the sky to unleash devastation onto them. Victory was stolen.

“Not yet,” Krysist replied. “They need to learn and feel desperate for my plan to work. And I need to watch this. I will not get another opportunity to see these Other Worlders tactics unmolested. Once the game begins, you cannot stop.”

Based on what he knows, he realized getting into formation on open fields is suicide. That is how the Empire has lost hundreds of thousands of soldiers so quickly. For his plan to work he knows he cannot fight the Other Worlders in open battle. He knows he has to fight smarter.

“Do you know what they call themselves?”

“I think they call themselves Americans master,” Frayen answered. “But they have many other nations among them, all with different names.”

“Interesting.”

Krysist watches the battle. As the sun begin to raise, he notices something to his left. He walks over and sees Rory and Taylin standing on a street. It looks like Taylin defeat Rory in battle and is about to finish Rory off. But that is not what he is focused on. One of the enemy soldiers’ attacks Taylin, alone.

“One man against an Apostle? Does he not understand?”

“It would not be the first-time master,” Frayen said. “Rumors had it that Rory is helping these people. That she took interest in one of the enemy warriors.

“True,” Krysist replied, watching carefully.

That is when he sees another other World team, with that blue hair girl along the wall. They take the Scorpio that was used to destroy the building Rory was on. He is confused on what is going on.

Before Taylin attacks Rory and her comrade, the other soldiers fire the Scorpio, but the blue hair girl uses some strange magic to increase the speed of the ballista by five times. The ballista hits Taylin before he could react.

“Brilliant,” Krysist mumbles, not understanding the plan.

This unknown soldiered used himself as a distraction so the other team could flank Taylin. These Other Worlders fully understood the capabilities of an Apostle and knew they could not win in a straight up fight. So, he tricked and outsmarted Taylin. 

“Impressive spell, I must meet this girl,” Frayen said. “I do not understand why they didn’t use their more powerful weapons? Were they at their limits?”

“Possibility,” Krysist replied as he ponders. “Either they are out of their advance weapons or they did not want to risk hurting Rory.”

“But they must know she can regenerate. Even with their advance weapons, she would still recover. Surely they know this.”

“Unless they don’t consider it an option.” Krysist thinks on that revelation and smirks. “They came here to find their own people. They value each other lives and they were willing to think outside the box to guarantee an Apostle safety.”

“I assume you see what you wanted to see master?”

“Yes. Its time to get to work.”

 

 

Reference:

------------------------------------------------

Alnus Map: https://www.wattpad.com/846518959-gate-wotw-pictures-alnus-regional-map

Elies Map: https://www.wattpad.com/887963010-gate-wotw-pictures-the-greater-elies-regional-map

(0)Chapter 45-46, Part 1

 

Support:

------------------------------------------------

Co-Creative Support: Tomrichman

 

Editors:

------------------------------------------------

 

 

Discord: https://discord.gg/xe7nNHS

 

4