Chapter 4 – Left…. Right….. Left…..
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alister wiped...

Left...Right..... Left... Right... Left..... Right...

With a slightly damp cloth, Alister wiped the mirror that stood alone in his new living room. Even though it was perfectly clean Alister wiped it again and again. In the end, he was only satisfied once he felt it perfectly reflected the lemon tinted light that entered through his windows.

A byproduct of the ever so yellow sky of Alagara. 

Alister swept...

Left...Right..... Left... Right... Left..... Right...

With a bare-bones broom, Alister swept over the spotless floor as he walked throughout his new house. Eliminating every nonexistent blemish that stained the unfurnished hallways of his seaside abode. He was only satisfied after the tilled flooring of his new home was as perfectly black as the inky sea that raged outside his windows.

Alister waved...

Left...Right..... Left... Right... Left..... Right...

The yellow light of the sunless sky made Alister's sickly pale hands appear even frailer than they usually were as he waves to his next-door neighbor as they trimmed their rose bushes. Soon enough his neighbor that had earlier introduced itself to Alister waved back. Its Birdlike mask bobbled as it waved its gloved hands.


It had been three days since Alister had found himself in the great city of Alagara.

After bringing him to his new residence and giving him a small house tour the man in the Grey Suit left Alister to his own devices. Advising him to take some time to settle in for a few days, and explore the Vermosa district in which he resided before his first job.

And settle in Alister did. Taking his time cleaning his house, exploring, and chatting up his birdlike neighbor Kruk. 

Although his house was already pretty much perfectly sanitized when he arrived Alister still felt it necessary to give everything a good wipe down. After all who knows who cleaned his house before it was ready for him to move in. And to be honest, there wasn't much to wipe down in the first place, a bed, two mirrors, a few kitchen appliances, and a fairly simple coat rack where the only furnishing that Alister found throughout his house. Most rooms stood empty, only filled with yellow light. 

After wiping down everything throughout his house Alister made some time to do some exploring and sightseeing. 

Wandering aimlessly through the many streets and beachside promenades that lined the Vermosa district of Alagara Alister spent his time taking in the strange sights. As he soon found out after having quite the pleasant conversation with a woman with a unicorn horn about the existence of cigarettes and the fact that they were only found on Earth to Alister's great despair, he found out that Vermosa was a humanoid residential district for "horrors" whatever they were. What was even more interesting was the fact that he himself was just as oddly shaped as he thought everyone else was. It turned out it was very rare for two creatures of the same race to run into each other in the city. 

After having his brain turned inside out and upside down by the weird reality of the city Alister ran into his neighbor as he was walking home a day ago.

Just as he was about to open his door he heard a rather loud whistling noise along with some clipping. Intrigued he looked over to see a strange hooded figure wearing a bird's mask cutting roses in front of the strangely shaped house to the right of his. Walking over he had quite the pleasant conversation with the birdlike person introducing himself as the creature's new neighbor. The think politely responded and introduced itself as Kruk and gave Alister a lovely little potted undying rose as a housewarming gift. Pleasantly surprised Alister made sure to give the birdman a friendly wave whenever he saw him and placed the potted plant in front of a window to allow it to absorb the yellow light that the sky radiated. 

So far Alister was having quite a pleasant experience moving to Alagara. The only complaints he had really was the fact that he couldn't find a cigarette or something remotely close to one after prowling the many markets that lined the cities streets. Prowling through the markets night and day Alister found many interesting items. From a plush teddy bear with a green heart on its chest that had the number 1 in big bold lettering to some of the strange machines that the man in the Grey Suit tested him to random organs on tables Alister found many odds and ends.

Although all was not horrible as to be fair he was able to buy the most wonderful knife that he found with the few coins that the man in the Grey suit had given to him after he first arrived.

" Screams " the coins were called, the local currency of the Vermosa district. 

All in all everything was pretty relaxing for Alister, life was good. Well... that was until he found a note on his doorstep on the third morning after moving in. As it turned out he was going to have to show up for work in a bit. 

3