Chapter 3 | Lesson For Life
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 768 of the Journey Calendar, in the small town of Afaik.

Leo kept at his training, and he was attempting to comprehend the energy around him, but to no avail.

Leo was now doing twenty setups, pushups and squats, two minutes and ten seconds of plank holding, six pullups, and one hour of meditation, his physique improved greatly, and now he could finish up his exercises in two hours, and had more time of the day to study and meditate.

What was strange was that his father never stopped him from meditating for longer periods of time, Leo thought it was probably because meditating wont damage the body even if done more than the daily quota.

In one night, while the whole family was asleep, a loud noise thundered through the household and jolted the whole family awake!

Fernas rushed towards the source of the noise, seeing his father's quick dash towards the scene, Leo followed suit, and as he was doing so, he noticed his father was incredibly faster than before.

As they arrived towards the place where the noise came from, Leo saw his father dashing towards another human who was in their house.

"You damn thug!" shouted Fernas as he grabbed the man by his neck and pinned him onto the wall, "Do you even have any shame?! You're stealing from such a poor town, go get a job, you damn thief!" subduing the thief was easy for Fernas, as he was a warrior in the armies, so he had the time to give him a life lesson or two.

"You don't know a damn thing you ***ker! We're all in this damn situation together, I'm in a sh***y situation, that kid's probably in a sh** situation" as he pointed at Leo, "We're all going to die! It's every man to his own! I don't give a damn about your morals or whatever the hell you were talking about! Kill me already! I'm done with this life already!! Why was I even born in this forsaken kingdom?!" The man started growling furiously as he let out all his pent anger on Fernas.

Fernas was a bit taken aback by this, but he realized that the man's words were true.

"Call the guards, Sina, oh, and while you're at it, take Leo with you, so he can do this in the future instead of you if we ever needed it." said Fernas, while he was gripping the culprit's neck tightly, not too tight as to let him breath, but not too loose as to not allow space for running away.

"Oh lord! Leo's here... and he heard all of that... this..." thought Fernas as he realized Leo had witnessed the whole scene.

"Yes, Fernas, I'll be going, come here Leo, I'll show you where the guards are usually located and how you can call them." responded Sina, taken aback because of the situation, as she grabbed Leo who was also flustered, and left the house.

"Well, the boy is ought to know about it sooner or later, though I had hoped I could delay this as much as possible..." thought Fernas as he was pondering how to give the news to his intelligent six-year-old child.

Meanwhile, Leo and his mother, Sina, were going out to find the guards that were usually patrolling the streets at night.

While Leo was walking with his mother, he spotted a few kids playing in the street, late at night, with what seemed to be a spherical object, they were slamming it with their legs and it appeared to be a bit heavy, though it was a small object so the kids were able to kick it with decent speed, they were annoying the neighbors, but they were having fun nonetheless.

Leo was interested by this as he said to his mother, "Mother, what are they playing?".

Sina looked at her son, then at the kids playing and said "Oh, right, you haven't gone out much since you were always either studying or training with your father. These kids are playing a game we call 'Football', it's a kids' game where you kick a ball around with the goal to shoot it into the enemy's goal. Anyhow, don't get sidetracked Leo, we've got an important job and we've got to rush to the guards as quickly as possible!", Leo nodded to his mother's remarks as they hastened their steps.

When they found the guards, they informed them of the situation, and were now back at the household.

The man kept shouting profanities as Sina plugged Leo's ears with her hand, from what Leo picked up, the man was complaining about the kingdom's situation, something he had theorized about before, but this helped confirm some of his theories about the kingdom's situation.

The situation was settled, and the man was taken into custody, and will probably be jailed for attempted house robbery.

The next day, while Leo was training, he began to think of last night's events, he remembered his father's movement speeding up quickly. And his actions were more sharp and accurate.

"What was father doing back there, how'd he suddenly increase his overall body functions? Was it how he moved? That might be, but that can't be all that was happening there..." thought Leo, as he stopped what he was doing, and went to ask his father.

Just as he was going, his father called for him, once he was there, he saw that his father's temperament was serious and the atmosphere of the room was tight.

"Leo, I'm going to tell you about a bunch of things, I was going to tell you these things later, but since you've heard a bunch of stuff yesterday, I'll just tell it to you right now." said Fernas, while sitting on a chair, seemingly calm, but containing immense pressure from within, that spread out to the room.

Sina was on doctor duty as she was tending to some patients away from the household, so she wasn't together with them.

"Leo, I think you've pretty much guessed it, but our situation isn't as bright as it seems." said Fernas solemnly.

"Neither is the kingdom's" he added.

"You see, to explain why this is, let me give you a bit of history about the kingdom we live in. The Kingdom Of Kai..." said Fernas. He explained the news about the battle of the year 762 and what had transpired in it.

"And that's how it went, and when we returned, I had rushed back to the household to support your mother, and that's when you were born, and the rest is history.".

"Listen, Leo. No matter how tough it gets, or how hard it gets, never ever in your life rely on the methods that man did yesterday, or any other way of harming innocent lives for the benefit of your own. Never!" said Fernas with a tone that Leo had never heard before, making him realize that his father was teaching him something he should never forget, and he took this lesson to heart.

This moment would later affect the future drastically, but that was a story to be told later.

Leo was baffled at these discoveries, he knew the situation in the kingdom was bad, but he didn't think it would be that bad, however being the kid he was, he had more important matters at hand.

"Father, I want to ask about something about last night." said Leo to his father.

"Ask away, Leo." his father responded.

"Father, you did something back there when you rushed to that uncle, could you tell me what that was?" asked Leo, with a pleading face that was hard to refuse.

"You brat! That was your father's real strength! what else would that be?" responded Fernas, breaking his previous serious mood and dodging the question of his son while doing so, while also leaving him no room for more discussion.

"Oh okay... I'll be back to my training then..." responded Leo, dejected by his father's answer.

"You better be, otherwise, no leaving the arena for anything else other than food or water!" said Fernas, responding to his son's remark about his answer.

After Leo had went back to his training, he went into deep thought. He was trying to remember all the details he could remember from what had transpired.

"What did father do... What did he do... Hmm... from what he said, movement wasn't it...What about his temperament? maybe his anger drove him to suddenly power up, but no... that's probably not it, that's impossible, after all." Leo didn't know of the affect of emotions on humans' power, so he had denied that possibility, and while he was right in this situation, it was for the wrong reason.

"What else... is it the... Uhh..." Leo was thinking pretty hard, trying to remember unique details that may be the reason. "If it's not his mood nor his movement, then what else..." as he was thinking, it struck him suddenly as he had never thought about it before.

"Was it the breathing? But why that..." He had decided that this might be a reason, and set out to observe his father, his father had noticed his recent actions, but didn't bother with it.

After a few days of observation, his father started to get irritated by his son's actions, and asked "Kid, do you need something?".

"No, nothing, father." responded Leo, dodging his father's questioning as he went back to his training.

"This brat... what is he doing lately, he's just been looking at me every day, all day..." thought Fernas. "You better stop looking at me as much as you do and focus more on the exercises your doing, or else!" he told his son, who was training.

"Yes... father..." Leo knew that he couldn't observe his father as much anymore.

But the past few days weren't without benefit, in these days, he had confirmed that it was indeed breathing that was able to empower his father's movements! This was a breakthrough, as he was stuck on this matter for two weeks now.

With that in mind, he had many ideas to experiment with, and was amped for what the results of his experiments would be.

0