Chapter 9 | Battle
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 768, 7th of April, early morning.

"Damn, this battle turned out unexpectedly even though I had no hope for it" said Fernas while resting in a tent.

"Agreed, couldn't ask for better, hopefully, there won't be anymore twists like the ones we had 6 years ago." replied a soldier in the tent.

"Anyhow, apply your Spirit to recover quicker, and regulate your breath, we don't want weak, tired soldiers on the battlefield!" added an officer, with a voice that filled the tent.

"Yes, sir!" replied all the soldiers in the tent in unison, including Fernas.

"Damn officer, only lays around camps and flaunts his badge everywhere..." added one soldier after the officer left, with a bit of annoyance apparent in his voice.

The soldiers stayed quiet after that remark was done by the soldier.

"No one wants to be in trouble, unlike you, damn idiot." thought some of the soldiers.

Meanwhile, in another tent at the army's camp.

"Update me on the situation, Ovar." asked a man with large stature and a dignified face, it was Farook, the general, leading the armies.

"Yes sir, we've had about three hundred casualties, but the Vix Tribe had over a thousand casualties, if nothing goes wrong, the battle will be ours." reported Ovar.

Ovar was the man responsible of keeping track of all the statistics of the military, the battle, and the general situation, he was one of the few men Farook would rely on.

"It's a shame that we, as a kingdom, have to even fight a tribe, how far we've fallen..." Farook remarked.

"Yes, what's bugging me though is the absence of the Ogoz army, have they really not heard about the discovery of this land?" added Ogoz, he said this out loud, so all of this was heard by Farook.

"What's the reason behind their absence... could it be they were able to obtain critical information that we didn't know about and decided to avoid this land? Or do they have an ambush set up... that might be it...".

"Well, if you think so, then I shall send a few men to scout the areas around this area, and I'll send one of them on a journey to check up on the Ogoz's territory, to see what they're up to." said Farook.

"That will help a lot, sir." replied Ovar.

A bunch of men geared up and set out on the journey to the places that Ovar decided on.

"Anyways, let me get ready for the battle today... We should be able to end it today..." said Farook, as he put on a helmet that covered most of his face, except his eyes, nose, and mouth.

"Yes, sir. I shall go check on the troops." replied Ovar, as he left the tent.

"Yes... Indeed... Hopefully nothing goes wrong..." said Farook to himself, thinking for an hour or so.

"Just to be sure..." said Farook, as he geared up, and left the tent, looking for Ovar.

After three hours...

"Men! Get up and gear up and go to the assembly site, quick, quick!" said one man with a loud voice that got everyone moving.

Farook found Ovar and said to him, "Listen Ovar, just to be sure this victory is ours, I'm thinking of doing this...".

As he laid out his plan, Ovar nodded to it and moved to execute it.

Everyone in the base got ready and headed out, similarly with the Vix tribe.

Visiting the Vix's camps, at their supreme leader's tent.

"What? You're telling me there's no cavalry in their formation, today? And they're missing a few units? They're underestimating us, aren't they... These f**ks..." said Makos Vix, the Supreme Leader.

"Yes sir, but even with that handicap of theirs, they can still win the battle, for the sake of the livelihood of the tribe, I suggest we declare a surrender, and retreat while our armies still have some strength to them." suggested the man who had handed the original report, he was the advisor of the army.

"Hmm... You aren't wrong, let's wait for just a little bit more." as Makos said that, he heard a soldier outside.

"Supreme Leader! I've got something important to report!" said the soldier.

"Come in." said Makos, gesturing for him to come in.

"Yes! Reporting to the Supreme Leader, a man not from this army has come to the base of our armies requesting a meeting with you! We've checked his ability in combat, and he isn't very capable, so there's no risk, and he said that he has a plan to beat the Kai Kingdom!" reported the soldier.

"...Hmm. Bring him in, we've got nothing to lose anyways." ordered Makos.

"Yes, Supreme Leader! Here he is!" said the soldier as two soldiers outside pushed in a scrawny man inside the tent as he fell to the ground.

"Nasty f**kers..." said the same man who fell to the ground.

"What'd you say?!" shouted the two soldiers that pushed him in.

"Get out of my face!" shouted Makos at the two soldiers outside, attracting the attention of all the men at the scene.

"Yes, Supreme Leader!" said both of the men who jumped at the shout of their general, and left the scene quickly.

"Now... What have you got for us, that can help us beat the Kai Kingdom?" said Makos, with an expressionless face.

"Yes... I come bringing a message from the Ogoz Kingdom." replied the man.

Makos was shocked at this reply and said with an absolutely serious face, "Continue.".

Meanwhile going back to the battlefield, Farook had went out and was at the center of the armies. He was on his warhorse, looking at the Vix's formation.

"Their leader isn't there yet..." frowned Farook, "Something is off about this.".

As the Kai's armies finished assembling, Makos had arrived and both armies were now just waiting for their leader's command.

Farook took the lead, as he kicked the side of his horse, and shouted with all his might, "CHAAARGE!" as he picked up the pace and started moving.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuaah!!!" shouted the soldiers as they started marching forward, their voices forming a shockwave that filled the area.

Noticing this, Makos also kicked his warhorse and shouted "CHAAAAARGE!" as his warhorse started running towards the Kai armies.

"Owaaaah!!!" the Vix armies also shouted, but weren't able to send shockwaves to the battlefield like their opponents, as their numbers were fewer.

When the soldiers met, chaos ensued, it had turned into numerous one versus one battles, but due to the number advantage, many of them were two versus one, or even three versus one, so one could tell the outcome of many of these duels before they even started.

The Vix soldiers were acting suicidal, even in one versus three situations, they always made sure to take one or sometimes even two lives with them before dying themselves.

"Why are they so desperate?! these f**ks!" was a thought that went through many of the soldiers' minds.

While Makos was killing Kai soldiers on top of his warhorse, he kept looking around, as if he was looking for something or waiting for somebody, worry apparent on his face.

"Hopefully, they're up to their words... these Ogoz..." he thought while he was fighting.

This went on for a few minutes, as the Vix's numbers were dwindling, "F**k! Did they actually do that?! These bastards!!!" he thought, "I should alert the Kai to their plan to make them regret messing with us, but how... damn, damn damn!!!", Makos had many thoughts regarding this, he had to know how to get to Farook in the midst of all this mess, but when he looked for Farook, he wasn't there.

Only one thought came to his mind, he would try his all to make the people he was waiting for regret making the deal with him.

Just as he was going to do that, he heard a rumble from the western side of the battlefield, a loud rumbling, that only kept growing larger.

"Yes! About time!" Makos delighted at this, as he picked up the pace and killed the five soldiers in front of him.

The soldiers he killed all had expressions of fear before their death, some of them even regretting the day they stepped on the path of becoming a soldier.

To Makos, killing these soldiers was a somewhat easy job, but to these soldiers, each one of them had his own life, with challenges, future encounters and experiences awaiting them, as well as their past experiences, memories, families. They all had many things to say, and emotions to let out.

However, as much emotions they had about their death, it all ended in less than a second, as all the thoughts in their head were gone, their eyes turned lifeless, as they dropped dead on the ground, amidst the chaos of the battle, not even the sound of their bodies dropping to the ground was heard.

As much as these soldiers were veterans in war, none of them could ever get used to the death of their comrades, unfortunately, the living continued living, and the dead never came back, many of them had families of their own, people they had to care of, lives to lead, and some of them were even upcoming fathers, only god would know what will happen with the people they love so dearly. This was how things developed, and time won't reverse, alas, the ugliness of war never seems to disappear.

While many things could be felt during battle, life ruthlessly continued, and the people around didn't even have time to mourn the death of their comrades.

The Kai soldiers were distracted by this noise, while the Vix weren't, clearly they knew something that the Kai wasn't, and due to this moment of distraction, many Kai soldiers were killed suddenly.

When the Kai soldiers took notice of this, they refocused on what they had at hand, while also awaiting the commands of their leader.

Going back a few minutes, while Farook was fighting, he always kept an eye on the entire situation, it was one of the qualities that made him the general of the armies.

He very faintly noticed Ovar's gesture back at the assembly area, and when he did, he tactically retreated while making sure he doesn't get attacked by enemy soldiers.

"Yes, Ovar, what's happening?" asked Farook.

"Yes, sir, this is very alarming, but one of our scouts noticed a bunch of armies running in a direction that happened to be the battlefield, when he took a closer look, he noticed the Ogoz's flags, they're rushing towards the battlefield towards this very moment, with what the scout had told me, they'd arrive in a few minutes!" reported Ovar.

"I see... I'm not very surprised to be honest, it's very rare for an entire Kingdom's intelligence network not to hear of this." replied Farook.

"Well, they're not the only one with a trick up their sleeves..." he added in his mind.

"Okay, this will be impossible to carry over to the armies while they're battling, so I'll just order them to keep fighting, and hopefully their morale stays on a high." said Farook, he had hoped that his soldiers wouldn't lose faith halfway.

This was a very risky gamble, but that's what Farook had to take, considering the desperate situation the Kingdom is in.

Going back to the present, Farook now rejoined the forces, very few soldiers noticed his absence, as they were all focused on their own battle.

Looking at the rumbling coming from the west, he noticed the Ogoz's armies running towards the battlefield.

"Keep fighting, men!" shouted Farook with all his might as all the soldiers in a fifty meter area around him heard his command.

Many of them thought this was blatant suicide after looking at the third entity that appeared on the battlefield, but still continued to fight, regardless, except this time, the fear of death that many of them had kept in themselves, had begun to creep up in many of the soldiers, affecting the way the fight.

But they still had to fight, so they kept going at it, with whatever fear they had inside themselves, adrenaline started pumping in many of them, as they used the Spirit around them, and re-enforced their bodies even further.

"It's the Ogoz!!!" shouted one of the soldiers who were at the western side of the battlefield.

"What should we do, leader?!" many of the soldiers shouted at Farook, requesting for his command.

"Keep fighting!" shouted Farook, with no hint of doubt in his voice, shaking the soldiers who had asked, and chaos ensued as the Ogoz's armies engaged in the battle.

Looking at this, the Vix were now motivated and their morale rose to an all-time high, as they now had an ally that they could rely on.

Many deaths occurred in the Kai warriors suddenly because of the sudden shift in the numbers, and their originally high morale, was lowering by the second.

"Keep fighting, don't back down!" shouted Farook with all of his might, as he raised his non-dominant arm, and swung it down in a gesture that symbolized pushing forward.

"Ouuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!" shouted the soldiers as they fought for their life, fear very apparent in their faces.

The battle progressed for a minute or so, by now, the Ogoz's armies were now mixed in with the battlefield, and Farook spotted Zenio on a warhorse, smiling as he also looked back.

Farook stayed expressionless at this, as he refocused on what's in front of him, Zenio did the same.

Five hundred soldiers died due to this sudden attack, and more were dying by the second, and the soldiers now had lost all the morale they had, and were now running away, even Farook who with all his might was shouting his lungs out, couldn't keep them from running.

The Vix and the Ogoz were now rushing to get extra kills on the armies who were running away.

While all of this was happening, Farook had a faint smile pop up on his face. He spotted some dust being kicked a distance away from the back of the Ogoz and Vix armies.

0