16 – Adventures Begin!
163 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been two weeks since the first day I trained with Luna's father and the day after day the training is getting harder too.

On the second day, for example, I was again told to run around the lake for 3 hours, then continued by doing push-ups while holding rock on my back! Even I was told to dive while holding my breath for three hours that almost made me died from suffocation.

And so on with the following days. In between the strenuous training was also accompanied by practice using the sword so that I could train my movements and get used to using a sword. Ah, and daggers too.

Even though in the first practice I managed to corner Luna's father but it was just a coincidence because he underestimated me, and it was proven that in the next practice he was really serious about playing his axes which made me completely unable to touch him.

Thanks to Luna's father's hard training, it made my stats go up quite high. Heck, at least all that pain is paying off.


‘Status’

Coins: 500

Name: Zein
HP: 100/100
Mana: 100/100
Magic: 32
Strength: 76
Agility: 88
Endurance: 130
Class: Hero
Element(s): Lightning, Wind, Ice

Quest (0)


Learning


Shop


Inventory (7)


Skills:
- Swordsmanship (Lvl. 4)


See? All of my stats had increased except for one, magic. During my training with Luna's father, I was never trained in using magic. Maybe it's because Luna's father is also not good at using magic that's why he only focuses on the physical and the sword.

I could have asked Luna's mother to train me but I'm too lazy to ask, so that's how it is.

Moreover, later I can learn it through the Learning feature so I don't have to worry about it.

Oh, maybe you are wondering why my endurance has the highest stats? Well, that's because one day Luna's father was very angry for some reason and made me as a punching bag to vent. Somehow I managed to survive that ferocity and that's why my endurance stats increased so much.

Trust me, it's not a very pleasant experience.

"Are you ready?"

And today is the day where Luna and I will go on an adventure.

"Mm!" Said Luna while nodding firmly.

"You still remember the way to the city, right, Luna?"

"Yes ma'am, I still remember very well the way to the city"

"That's good then, and this" Said Luna’s mother, handing over a pouch containing coins, whether they were gold, silver, or bronze.

"Use this wisely..."

"Okay ma'am" Said Luna and then put it in her sling bag.

“Hey brat!”

This time it was Luna's father who spoke and called me.

"What?" I replied, turning to face Luna's father.

“Use all the things I've taught you to protect Luna well! And don't try to do anything obscene to Luna, do you hear me brat?! ”

“I know….”

He's as always possessive of Luna that it makes me tired of hearing him.

[It's because he loves his daughter]

(Whatever)

"Are you ready Zein?" Asked Luna beside me excitedly.

“Yeah….”

[Now, our story will begin]

(Yeah, let’s do this)

"Good! Then we will go! "

After saying goodbye, we started walking away to the city as our destination, leaving Luna's parents who were still standing there to see their daughter who finally left her cage.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Meanwhile, in the place where Luna's parents were still standing, they saw the departure of their one and the only one daughter who had started to drift away.

"... Are you sure you entrusted Luna with that boy, Lyla?"

“Ufufufu …… Of course. After all, I am the one who summoned him to this world” Said Luna’s mother- Lyla, with a mysterious expression on her face

“So I know very well how his capability is. What's more, the trainer is a former S + rank adventurer, so there's nothing to worry about” She said as she patted Luna's father on the shoulder.

"I can't believe you went that far just so that Luna can go on an adventure" Said Luna's father with a weak sigh.

"That's parental love" Said Lyla as she put her finger on her lips, then she turned and walked into the house.

Meanwhile, Luna's father was still standing there looking at Luna and Zein's backs, who were getting away from his sight.

"….. If you love your daughter, then you won't let her go with strangers who come from nowhere" Muttered Luna's father before he finally turned around and walked into the house following Lyla.

He was actually very much against this, even after dinner the night before he argued with Lyla about the crazy decision she had just made.

He also tried to convince Luna not to be adventurous and that it was better to stay at home. But it was all in vain, Luna, who had dreams of becoming an adventurer like her father, would not change her mind after she saw an opportunity in front of her eyes.

Luna's father couldn't do anything about it. Even though he is violent and frightening, he is weak towards his daughter. He is not the person who has the heart to destroy the dream of his only and beloved daughter. Especially after seeing his daughter who started to get excited and her eyes that returned to emit a light that had been lost before.

It would make Luna's father really feel guilty if he forced Luna to stay.

That's why he regretted ever telling his daughter that he was a former adventurer, he didn't think that it would provoke Luna to dream of becoming an adventurer.

But what he can do? The rice has turned into porridge, he can't change Luna's unanimous decision so all he can do is support and prepare all kinds of needs for Luna, including training Zein to protect her beloved daughter.

He had trained Zein as hard as possible and taught various things that he knew and mastered in the hope that Zein could use them properly to protect Luna……… And himself.

And now, finally, his daughter had really left the cage. He didn't know whether to be sad because his daughter left him or happy because his beloved daughter had grown up and managed to make her dream come true.

His feelings were mixed and he couldn't tell which one. But certainly, he will feel lonely without his daughter's presence.

 

Here we go, the last chapter for now. I just wanted to say that I will take a break for some time, maybe about a week or two weeks at the most.

Why? Because I need to rest and do the schoolwork that I've piled up.

So that way this novel will be on hiatus for a while. But don't worry, I'll be back as soon as I'm done with my schoolwork.

By the way, I am very grateful to those of you who have read this novel so far.

3