19 – This is how you say thank you?
124 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Quickly drop the weapon in your hand!" She urged by bracing his staff's prick in my back which made my back hurt.

(Ouch... Hey! It hurts you know?!)

“Can you get rid of that staff? It makes my back hurt you know?" I said irritably.

But instead of getting rid of it, she pushed it even more and gave it a strong daub which made me hurt even more.

“OW! Hey! What the fuck is wrong with you?! I saved you, you know!?" I said screaming while grimacing in pain.

This fucking elf really doesn't know how to thank you.

“Alice! Stop that, your highness!” Said the middle-aged man, shouted from the carriage.

And wait, what did he say? Your highness? You must be kidding, right?

"But he's a dangerous person!"

"But he is also the one who saved you, your highness"

“Tch…” She clicked her tongue and then pulled her staff from my back.

I grabbed my back and caressed it gently. The pain from that fucking staff still lingered comfortably on my back.

"Please forgive your highness attitude, she's just cautious" Said the middle-aged man as he walked closer.

(Why are you cautious of the person who saved your goddamn ass?!)

[I mean, I will also be like that after seeing what you've done]

(Fuck off you dickhead!)

“Ah, and excuse the late introduction. My name is Olan, the guardian of the highness” He said introducing himself and lifting his hat which showing a pointed ear similar to that elf girl.

"And the girl you saved earlier was Alice, a princess from the elven kingdom" Said Olan introducing the fucking elf who was daub my back earlier.

"Hmph!" She just looked away and crossed her arms.

(What's with that annoying attitude?)

"Can we know the name of the person who saved us?" He asked with a curious expression.

“No”

Like hell I would tell my precious name to a fucking strangers.

Olan just smiled wryly when he heard it.

"Hey what is that!? We've introduced ourselves, at least introduce yourself too!” Alice shouted in irritation after hearing my answer. And that makes me more and more annoyed with her.

"Listen here you shitty elf, you are the one who introduced yourself while I never asked for it"

"Wha- How dare you speak to me like that, princess of the elven kingdom!" She said and puffing out her chest which was slightly bigger than Luna's.

"I don't care about that stupid details"

"Now, now, we better continue the delayed trip" Olan intervened us.

Alice turned away her face in annoyance with a snort and walked into the carriage first.

Olan just smiled seeing Alice's behavior.

“Please forgive her behavior, she just…. Not used to this” He said telling me then walked to the steering seat of the carriage.

I also walked and got in into the carriage and found Luna still lying down and sleeping soundly, without knowing what had happened.

After everything was up, the carriage walked again leaving the pile of bandit corpses.

(Hey, time?)

[4:45 am]

Looks like it’s already early morning, maybe I don't need to sleep anymore.

"So, young man?" Said Olan breaking the silence.

“What?”

"If I may know, why did you go to the city?"

"None of your business"

He just chuckled when heard it.

What are you chuckled about huh?

[You're too cold, he's trying to get along better with you, you know?]

(Yeah unfortunately I don't want to get along with him)

"What was that....." Alice quietly joining in.

"Ah sorry I said it late but this ride is not free you know?" Olan said again, speaking in a mysterious tone.

I know that from the start it was already fishy about a middle-aged man who out of nowhere suddenly offered a ride to the person he had just met.

But hey, I saved your fucking ass. Is that still not enough?

"Don't worry, I'm not asking for money as an expense" He continued.

He then turned around and looked at me for a while before finally saying the most ridiculous things.

"But bring Alice with you"

"Hah?"

What did he say? Bringing that elf ……. With me? What the fuck!?

Why is this man even telling me to bring that shitty elf?

“Wh-”

"What are you saying Olan!"

Before I had time to speak, Alice interrupted with an irritated tone and glared at Olan, to which Olan responded with a small smile.

"Didn't we agree that I would let you go if you are accompanied by someone?"

"I know..... But I don't want to be with this pervert!" She said pointing her fingertips at me.

(Excuse me? Who did you say pervert?)

"But he's the perfect person to accompany you, princess. If you don't want it then I won't let you go"

“Uuhh…….”

"Excuse me, can someone tell me what you are talking about to bring myself in it?"

I interrupted and looked at them back and forth.

It's rude you know talking about other people when he's in front of you.

More so you, you shitty elf calls me a pervert for no reason.

"Ah, excuse my rudeness"

He then stopped the carriage and turned to face me from the steering seat.

"As you know, Alice is a princess from the elven kingdom"

“She has been inside the palace for many years and has never seen the outside world. Therefore one day she asked me to help her escape from the palace to see the outside world"

"At first I was against her will, but she was very stubborn so I can't help but agree with one condition"

"The deal is she has to go with someone who can look after her and she agrees with the conditions"

"And in short I chose you to accompany her. Now, you don’t mind, do you?"

"Wait a minute..." I held my head and digesting everything he said.

So, in short, Alice is the princess of the elven kingdom who is bored with royal life and wants to see the outside world. So she asked Olan to help her and Olan agreed on the condition that Alice had to be accompanied by someone.

Ok, that is still acceptable for me. I mean hey, this is a fantasy world and things like that are common.

Well, here's the problem. Why does that person have to be me? What's more, I just met them and how could he easily give the royal princess to the person he just met?

What's with a loop that happens over and over like this?!

"Why me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"Well, it's because you are strong and I believe you can protect Alice well" He said calmly and casually.

"Can't you entrust that elf to your acquaintances?"

"I can't trust them"

(But why you can trust me who you just met this afternoon!?)

"Do you realize that you just met me this afternoon, right?"

Olan just nodded his head.

(Good, another insane people like Luna's parents)

What kind of stupid guardian would entrust a royal princess to the person she had just met?

[So what is your answer?]

Of course it is clear.

"I refuse"

Of course, I will refuse it. I don't want to bother myself with adding people that I just met, enough with Luna alone.

What's more, seeing this elf's annoying attitude will definitely bring a lot of trouble in the future and I don't want to be bothered by troublesome issues.

"Oh, I see…." Olan smiled.

He then took something besides his seat, a small wooden stick, and pointed it at me.

“Freeze”

From the tip of the stick appeared a small flash and suddenly I felt something slightly wet and cold on my feet.

Looking at my feet, I found a block of ice confining my feet from toe to thigh.

"Hey! What is this!?" I said while struggling to move my feet which were covered in a block of hard ice.

"Too bad…."

"The information I gave you earlier is something very confidential and I can't let strangers who know it roam freely"

"But it was yourself who leaked that!" I shouted with the ice still wrapping my feet comfortably.

Gradually the ice was getting colder which made me start to lose feeling on my own feet.

[Didn't you ask about it earlier?]

(It's because they mentioned me in their conversation!)

"This might not happen if you would accept my offer" He said with a mocking smile on his face.

(This bastard….)

He had planned everything and used that stupid information to corner me like this which will force me to accept his offer.

"So? Have you changed your mind now?" He said while twirling the stick in his hand.

[Looks like you don’t have any choice]

(My fortune sure screwed me up)

2