A mothers love
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could feel a warm cloth rubbing me down and the gentle hands of the midwife, I didn't lose my memory?  Even the time spent as a soul I remember it all, oh this is good, I'm alive!  Also, I'm excited, now that I'm not just a wandering soul I can feel again, and it's like a rush uncomparable to anything experienced before.  Not only am I free but I'm alive, I never thought that would be possible I thought it was always going to be one or the other.  Servitude or death, no third option, but here I am, free and alive. 

I slowly open my new eyes to see the world for the first time and a blurry image of a woman with a white smock splattered with small amounts of blood slowly coming into focus.  She has a worried face as she looks directly into my eyes, she's saying something but I can't understand what language she is speaking. Though she seems to be panicking, she brings a finger up and gently pokes my chest, and then brings her face close to mine like she's trying to hear something faint.  Worry changes to confusion than panic and back to worry a myriad of expressions run across her face in a short span of time.  'what is the matter with her? is something wrong with me?' she brings the finger up and gently pokes me again, 'I'm fine! at least I feel fine.'  I instinctively tried to ask the lady what was the matter, but all that came out of my infant mouth was a slight mumble.  Instantly the face of the midwife turned into one that looked much more hopeful, 'did that work? ill try again' as I continued my aimless mumbles the look of the nurse continued to get happier, she seemed confused but the look of panic was nearly gone from her eyes.  'Do they want me to cry? I've heard babies cry when they are born but I'm a fully grown man inside this baby I can't cry on demand, I guess ill continue making baby noises if it appeases them.  I don't want to be considered defective goods right from birth.'

"gah babu"

The midwife is speaking happily to someone behind me probably my new mother, I never knew my mother so I'm not sure how to act but I guess ill have plenty of time to think about it while I'm acting like a baby.  All of a sudden I can feel my body being wrapped snuggly in a blanket and then I was laid softly into my mother's embrace.  I struggled to move my head to look at my mother's face but it was impossible this body is too weak I can hardly move, but as though my thoughts were read my mother adjusted herself and stared directly into my eyes.  With light brown hair that stuck to her face with sweat and a pale complexion, it didn't take away from the fact she was a peerless beauty.  With a loving smile on her face, she stared at me, and tears slowly creeped out of her eyes rolling down her cheeks, just in case I made some more baby noises to make sure she knew I was all right.

"ba, ba"

The loving smile on her face grew even deeper and her eyes creased into slits a look of true bliss on her face as she pulled me back into her arms holding me slightly tighter than before.  I could hear her saying something to the midwife who I see out of the corner of my eye, she then gave a slight curtsy and ran out of the room with much gusto holding her dress to prevent herself from tripping.  Looks like she went to spread the news,  the way she is dressed the time period seems to be different from my own, not to mention the walls seem to be stone.  Assuming that's true the birth of a son must be big news to a family of olden times...wait, I'm a son, right?  I didn't think to confirm and being wrapped in this blanket I am unable to check now, also I can't understand the language, shit I hope I'm still a man that would be slightly awkward but it's a possibility that can't be ruled out for now.

I heard my mother softly talk to me and gently brush my face with her hand, I couldn't understand what was said but it made me feel warm inside nevertheless.  The way I'm being spoken to is a cadence and tone I'm completely unfamiliar with, in all my years in my previous life I've never been spoken to in such a way that makes me feel comfortable as if nothing could hurt me.  It was confusing to me, is this what a mother's love is, I feel like an irreplaceable treasure in the arms of my mother.  As she leans into me and gives me a peck on my forehead and a subtle warmth spread out from the spot she kissed that subconsciously brought a smile to my lips.  'So this is a mother's love' I heard a sweet giggle leak out from my mother's mouth as she went back to resting,  occasionally she would leak out more giggles and sugary words as she gently squeezes me into her bosom.

Footsteps gradually got louder as the midwife came back and dashed into the room with a spring in her step back to the spot in the corner next to the bed overlooking my mother.  I heard her whisper words to my mother in a tone indicating what she set out to do was done successfully.  Not long after the midwife returned the footsteps appeared again but this time it sounded like two people.  If my senses didn't dull after being reborn then this should be an adult male and another child who is attempting to keep up with him.  Sure enough, just then a burly man walked into the room a little girl trailing behind him.  He steps up next to my mother at the side of the bed and I can finally see his face it's young like my mothers this must be my father.  despite his burly muscles, his face is soft and handsome,  with short dark brown hair with a slight curl to it wearing colorful silk clothing that can hardly hide the size of his muscles he is truly the idle nobleman.  A subtle smile appeared on his face as he saw me for the first time, looks of excitement and joy flashed through his brown eyes.  He reached down and pulled me out of my mother's arms she let go willingly, soon I was face to face with my father not forgetting to give a couple of baby noises I opened my mouth.

"nhnn gah"

Just like the others, his smile grows deeper when I simply make some noise, very easy to please.

All of a sudden my father starts talking as though he is talking to me but I can't understand anything he's saying so I'm not sure why he is talking to a baby with such a serious tone but he seems really into it so I just go with the flow and smile back.  Then amongst the words that I don't understand the last thing said rings clearly in my ears, and I don't need to understand to know what was said.

"Conroy Cato Mannering"

0