Prologue: A World Without Him
20 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of sirens was ringing onto my ears. While there are so many people here, none of them were civilians, including I, Tsukihara Kazuma. 

The place where I'm standing now is what everyone called a crime scene. But for me, it's not that. This place where everyone calls a crime scene is the house of my bestfriend, Nagato Minato. 

We know each other since childhood. When I was in middle school, he is the only friend that I have. He is the only one that understands me when the problem comes. He is the only one I trusted the most. He is a family to me.

In highschool, our relationship drifted a little, but still he is my one and only friend. Maybe because of the puberty and his social skills, he earned many friends that makes him have a little time for us to hang out together.

After graduating in The University of Tokyo, we are now adults that working on society. My job is a detective under the Japanese government. Minato works as a programmer at a famous gaming company.

We have a peaceful and normal life. We often go drink after work. But still, we don't have a girlfriend. It is a different story for me, but for him, even though he isn't socially awkward and have many friends, he's not lucky enough to find his own love interest.

But now, here I am standing in front of his house. The time is just 9 o'clock in the evening. Me and my team was informed that a murder case was committed here, and the victim is my own bestfriend, Nagato Minato.

When I learned the identity of the victim, it shocked me and theres is just a question that is on my mind right now.

"Who killed him?"

But now I regained composure and starts investigating. As me and my team walking to the front door of the house, my head starts hurting a little, but I didn't mind it.

We carefully entered the house and in front of us is a dark hallway. A nostalgic feeling hits me.

"I will find the killer and kill him", I murmured to myself. I will promise to him that I will avenge him and give justice to his death.

Once we past the long, dark hallway of the house, we reached the living room. But suddenly my head gets hurt so much

"Argh!"

"Sir Nagato! Are you okay?! Hey! Sir!"

As my team worrying about me, I didn't mind them and starts holding my head. It really hurt so much and makes me feel dizzy.

"Sir Nagato!! Please hold yourself!! Sir Nagato! Hey Kyouma! Call a medic! Quickly!!"

"Ye-yes, Mam!!"

"Hey what happen to him?"

"I don't know, but he's just holding his head. Maybe he had a severe headache."

"Mam Aogumi! The medic's here!

Ahh… Can everyone shut their mouths up? 

It's too noisy. But I can't do anything, because the pain really hurts me so much. Then a sudden spark in my brain makes me calm and forget the pain.

Ahh… A world without him…

I can't imagine it. I don't know if I can survive in this world without him.

A world where no one understands me.

A world where there's no one I trust.

A world without family.

Yeah, I can't really imagine it. 

After thinking that, my sight darkens and suddenly I lose consciousness.

0