Chapter 02 ; Inspiration
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 02 ; Inspiration

 

I made a final glimpse through the storyboard trailer before I handed it over the key animator of the Animation department.  The head of the animation team skimmed through the storyboard and looked at me in the eyes.

 

Beneath the hood she is wearing, I saw a slight glimpse of her eyes, green iris from what I see she broke away from the stare and talked “We’ll finish the rough animatic by tomorrow, come back here to pick it up.” and with that she turned and started calling the animation team for a short meeting.

 

It felt like I’d become an errand boy but that’s a given, we need to help each other since we’re only a small group of people working on a single game. I went back to my work desk and opened my computer. The logo of our company “NobleG” appeared at the loading screen of the monitor. “Ah yes, G.” The small-time company where I work for got its name from royal position and the first letter of a famous old game named “Grandchase”.

 

It’s a game where players can choose from three characters, it’s a simple game at first glance but with its easy gameplay and controls it became one of the famous game in the old days and with its spiked increase in players from around the world, various playable characters are added in game.

 

Not to mention the unique class system it had, they call it “jobs”, with each job the character took, the character can equip a different weapon aside from the 1st (basic) job.  Let’s say your character had the 1st Job – a Knight where your character uses a sword, but on the second job – Spearman, with the job title already hinting the main weapon of the character, a spear. Let’s move to the 3rd Job – Swordmaster, instead of a normal sword a knight uses, you get to equip a big sword while the 4th and final job of the character – Savior, you get two swords to equip and yes it is not inspired by Sword Art Online’s Kirito, you could throw away “Elucidirator” and refrigerator out of the window now for thinking such a thing.

 

 But enough fanboying about the class system of “Grandchase”, we are also planning that feature on future updates of the game. The monitor in front of me lit up indicating that the loading of the computer had been finished. I started to type the next line of script on the open document.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 06

 

The pedestrian light post is lit red. The people beside me idled where they stood. There are a lot of people on the other side waiting to cross the pedestrian lane. The cars swiftly moved in front of us. The grayish sky helped set the mood into a melancholic mood, there’s no forecast about a rainfall in the afternoon it’s a typical gray clouds you see.

 

I noticed a person close to my left side holding a phone and playing a RPG game. The player saw me eavesdropping on her gameplay, she tapped on the auto function of the game. I put my attention away from the player’s phone and delved into thoughts. This kind of auto-function saves a lot of player’s life.

 

I remember that most players back then play by putting their focus and attention on the game not bothering what happens in real life as they walk, with that kind of scenario the risk of the player running into danger increases. I felt the urge to bring out my phone as well.

 

It takes a while for the light post to turn green. So I took the time to read a novel, I am conserving my data allocation on my phone. I used to read a lot of Webcomic  last month, every day in those days of last month to top it off.  There are a lot of new series and each of them unique in their own way. While it does drain a lot of data on my phone’s data allocation, Webnovels are a life saver when it comes to data usage, since the imagination of the reader will be the panels of the Webnovel.

 

I started opening chapter xx- ■■■. I was reading yesterday. I was reading halfway on the chapter when an advert popped itself on my screen, blocking my view of the novel’s contents. I looked for an x button to appear at the advert but there are none to be found.

 

Usually these type of advert will have an x button on the top right side. I waited for it to appear, it should take 10 seconds or less. I waited and waited, and it was closer to appearing when the pedestrian lane’s light post turned bright green at the same time the button appeared on the ad.

 

I quickly tapped it to close the ad as I walked side by side with the people, taking a step forward not knowing the button I quickly tapped is a check marked button instead of the usual x mark.

 

I stepped on a surface, I see around me are white walls, entrapped on a rectangle shaped room, the ceiling reaching 3 floors and wide enough for 5 cars to park side by side, the walls are close to my side and within walking distance.

 

I remember the words on the advert when I waited.  

 

 “Do you want to play a game?”

 

An aura of a being dispersed its presence inside the room.

 

 

Character 01 – End / Lester Aspien

Hello and good morning or good night, friend. I hope you are having a wonderful journey in life. Please feel free to share and support the novel by any means. You could also donate for the purpose of staying online just a little bit to publish future chapters. Thank you for reading and god bless you.

0