Chapter 1
3.3k 6 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                I found myself looking at a white wall. I looked around to see the place is a closed space with nothing in it, except me.

Then I noticed something else, noting that I should have noticed it before. I didn’t have my body. I tried to talk but failed. I tried to will myself awake but that failed too. So left with no other choice, I started waiting. After some time, a screen popped up in my vision.

Pick a Name: …

‘Name, like a username? How about LoneRanger1?’

The chosen name is not valid. Assigning a random name…

Assigned Name: Arata.

‘So my name is now Arata. Great! So, what is next?’

Pick an Elemental Affinity

Earth

Fire

Lightning

Water

Wind

‘Elemental affinity? Like magic? Hmm… Wind is good, you can fly and such but lightning is way cooler. So I pick lightning.’ The screen disappeared and there was another wait. That got me thinking, ‘What am I doing here? What are these questions supposed to mean?’

‘Let’s see… I was going home from college. I was right in front of a bank when I heard a loud voice like a gun. And then… Nothing.’

Pick Timeline

Second Great War

Third Great War

Fourth Great War

‘What? I don’t know what all this means. Can you elaborate?’

Pick Timeline

Warring Clans Era

Minato’s Generation

Kakashi’s Generation

Naruto’s Generation

‘Naruto? Does that mean I will reborn in Naruto World? A world with trained killers on every corner, where people throw away lethal nature-defying techniques around like it’s nothing? Yes! Count me in.’

I celebrated my new exciting life for a while then started thinking about when to born. ‘Warring Clans Era is out. Too much blood, too little time to get stronger. Same with Minato’s and Kakashi’s generations. Depending on my advantages I might be able to prevent Obito from going nuts and stop the fourth war before it starts though. Who am I kidding? Most likely I won’t even make Jounin. Having a previous life might be an advantage but it’s a disadvantage too. It means it will be hard for me to get used to all the fighting that’s going on in the world. That’s why the safest choice would be Naruto’s generation since everything would fall into place even if I don’t do anything. Yes. Naruto’s generation then.’

Select Starting Age

‘There are no options. Does that mean everything goes? Great! Now I don’t want to become a baby again. Too helpless. I should probably start when kids go to the academy. What age was it again? Six it is.’

Select Starting Place

‘I don’t need to think about this. Even though there is a lot of drama going on, Konoha is my choice since it has most of the characters I admire in the world. My choice is Konoha.’

Select a Focus

Talent%

Potential%

This choice was based on percentage. There are two rules. The sum of the two percentages should be 100% and neither of the choices can go below 1%. This was the toughest choice of all. ‘I like potential better than talent but I can’t make myself too talentless lest I end up with no way to reach my potential. ‘I think I will do 20% Talent with 80% Potential. I don’t know enough to think much on it anyway.’

After I made my choice everything plunged into darkness.

***

I woke up with a little headache. When I opened my eyes I saw a wooden, unfamiliar ceiling. I frowned, then remembered what I thought to be a dream. I raised my hand and looked at it. It was small, like a kid’s. “So it was all real,” I whispered. “What should I do now?” Just when I started to formulate a plan for the days to come, I heard a creak and turned my head to the door.

The person standing there was Hana I remembered, don’t know how. ‘It must be the memories of the body. How does this work anyway?’

A gentle voice took me out of my ruminations. “Arata get up and get ready. You wouldn’t want to be late on your first day at the academy.”

I quickly got up and nodded. “Right. Thanks, Hana-san.” Hana nodded back absentmindedly when I nodded then made a double-take when I talked. ‘I didn’t talk before. Figures.’ Forcing myself to be calm I said the first thing that came to my mind. “Now that I am starting the academy, I no longer have to keep silent.”

Hana looked surprised. “I thought you couldn’t talk!” She exclaimed and came closer and smiled gently. “Why didn’t you talk before? What does it have to do with the academy?”

I sighed. ‘What now? I hope she buys this. There is no way a child can conceive a convoluted lie anyways so I have a good chance.’ I took a deep breath and said, “I promised myself to stay silent until the time I go to the academy.”

Hana looked at me questioningly. “I understand that. But why did you make a decision like that?”

I gave her my best innocent face. “I heard ninjas don’t talk in missions and it was hard. So I thought I would start early.”

Hana watched me blankly for a second, shook her head then said “Okay. I need to wake your friends up. You quickly get ready and make your way to the dining hall.”

I nodded and took my towel. I made my way to the bathroom to find it empty. “Yes! I don’t have to bathe in front of others now. Got to act quickly.” I quickly took off my clothes, brandished my soap, and started bathing. I finished in a few minutes and draped my towel around myself. Then I returned to my room to get dressed for the special occasion.

I got out of my room wearing black pants with a black shirt. They were nothing great but looked good on my small frame. I reached the dining room and sat at a table. Then I started thinking about my new life, giddy with expectation. ‘I can’t believe I have reborn in Naruto. Now I can do all those cool things like spitting flame or yes! Rasengan!’ I started cackling madly. When I finished I noticed everyone’s eyes on me. I looked down, embarrassed to be the focus of everyone’s attention even if they were just kids. As a response, I scratched the back of my neck and smiled bashfully. That made everyone lose their interest in me.

‘It feels like I am forgetting something though. What can it be? Yes! Status!’

 

Name

Arata

 

 

Age

6

 

 

Level

0

 

 

Experience

0/100

 

 

HP

10

 

 

CP

10

 

 

Control

1%

 

 

 

 

 

 

CHA

10

 

 

CC.

1

 

 

Strength

1

 

 

Endurance

1

 

 

Dexterity

1

 

 

Speed

1

 

 

Intelligence

10

 

 

Wisdom

10

 

 

Stat Points

0

 

 

AFFINITY

 

 

Lightning

50%

 

 

                ‘I have so little HP that a breeze could kill me. Some stats are self-explanatory but it’s better if I check them out just in case.’ I started focusing on stats to see what I can learn about them.

                HP: Your health. You will die if it reaches zero.

                CP: Amount of Chakra you have. You will pass out if it reaches zero.

                Control: Your Chakra Control. Shows how much of the Chakra you are expending on doing what you want rather than wasting. Chakra Control limit is 100%.

                CHA: Your Chakra modifier. You gain 50 Chakra on every level up for every ten CHA you have.

                CC: Your Chakra Control modifier. You gain 1% Control for every CC you have.

                Strength: How powerful you are. Effects damage of bukijutsu and taijutsu. Effects your HP regen at 1%HP/h for every point.

                Endurance: How sturdy you are. You gain 10HP for every Endurance you have. You gain 1 durability for every Endurance you have.

                Dexterity: How good you are at controlling your body. You gain increased motor control for every Dexterity you have.

                Speed: How fast you are. You gain increased speed for every Speed you have.

                Intelligence: How good you are at memorizing things. You gain increased memory for every Intelligence you have.

                Wisdom: Your perception and Chakra Recovery. For every Wisdom, you gain stronger perception and 1% Chakra/Min.

                ‘1’s all around. That’s sucks. I can’t even use 1 Chakra. At least I regenerate all my Chakra in ten minutes.’

                Hana’s voice took me out of my thoughts. “Breakfast is ready.” I looked up and saw kids running towards Hana. ‘I don’t want to be last.’ I stood up quickly and started running towards the line to get my food. ‘My first food in Naruto-verse. This is awesome!’

26