Chapter 4
1.9k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                I reached the orphanage in time to eat lunch. After eating, I made my way to my room and sat on the bed.

                I took out the leaves I collected outside and put one on my forehead. Then I started trying to inject my chakra there. After some hardship and a minute of pushing, I managed. Then another window popped up.

               

                You Learned Leaf Sticking Exercise!

 

                Leaf Sticking Exercise 1/80

o   Leaf sticking is an exercise shinobi use to hone their chakra control. Every level in this exercise gives .5 CC.

o   Uses 5 CP/min. Experience gained is equal to (20%) of chakra used successfully.

 

                I looked at my CP. It was sitting at 10 with 1.5% Chakra Control. ‘I can use only 1.5% of 10 CP so I have 0.15 CP. Great. I can only use it for one second and even then I will get one-fifth of the experience. Then I have to wait for ten minutes for my CP to fill.’

                I sighed and pressed the leaf on my forehead. I used Leaf Sticking for a second, then dropped the leaf. ‘This will take time. What else can I do? I can get in the backyard and start running or stay here and do push-ups or something like that.' I sighed. ‘I don’t want others to wonder what I am doing.’

                I got off the bed and started a cycle where I use Leaf Sticking for a second and doing push-ups and squads for ten minutes. After the second cycle,

                You gained 1 Strength.

 

                After the fifth cycle, I got another one.

                You gained 1 Strength.

 

                I got another one after the tenth cycle.

                You gained 1 Strength.

 

                I was very excited since I could feel the improvement but I was spent also. I put the leaf on my forehead one last time before sleeping and used the leaf sticking for one other second. Then there was another window.

                Leaf Sticking Exercise is Leveled by 1.

 

                ‘Great. Time to sleep.’ I was out in a second.

***

                I woke up in the middle of the night. I quickly calculated how long I could keep the leaf sticking and found the answer to be 2 seconds. I smiled at the improvement and used Leaf Sticking again. After that, I didn’t have anything else to do. I looked at the body’s memories and found something good. The orphanage had a small library that contained everything from academy books to novels that belonged to kids who stayed there before. I got out of the room in the dark and started sneaking towards the library.

                “Where are you going?”

                I jumped and quickly turned to the voice. There was a tall figure. Though I didn’t see her face, I knew from her voice that this was indeed Rena. Rena cleared her throat but opted to wait. I sighed. ‘Why am I acting guilty? I was only trying to look at the books.’ I gathered my courage and said, “I was going to the library to read books.”

                Rena hummed. She then said “You can’t get out of your room at night. Even if you go to the library, it’s forbidden to turn on the lights so there is no way for you to read it. Do you understand?” I nodded. “Good. Back to your room.”

                I nodded again and got back into my room. “Nothing else to do. Time to make use of my free time.” Quickly, I started the cycles again waiting for the window telling me I gained a point of Strength but another window popped up.

                Achievement Unlocked: First Day.

                You gained 1 Skill Point. You can access your Skill Points from your Skill List.

 

                I quickly opened my Skill List and found the Skill Point. I focused on it and there was another window.

                Tutorial: Skill Points.

o   Skill Points are one-time tokens used to get special or mundane Skills.

o   Skills with higher base usefulness and variability will have lower potential, or vice versa.

 

After closing the Tutorial, there was another window.

                Skill Creation

                Describe the Skill you want to create.

 

                ‘Now what should I pick? Maybe some kind of skill to increase my available CP.’ I shook my head. ‘I will have enough CP when I level up and leveling Leaf Sticking Exercise is not that hard. So I must think of a Skill with the best long-term usefulness. What are the important attributes for a ninja? Chakra, physical strength, tactics. Hmm. Maybe some sensing Skill or something to do with affinities. Yes getting another affinity would be good and maybe make the Skill so it increases my affinities. It is too useful though, it might give me a useless amount.’

                “Oh, what am I thinking? It will be useful in any case.” ‘Real problem is, what affinity to take? I have lightning so it could be better to get water to make the combo but there is always wind. I just can’t eliminate the possibility to fly for other elements and I already took lightning.’

‘How about this. The Skill is a Jutsu with a high amount of signs but easy to use. It has usefulness in close range albeit low at lower levels. This Jutsu has both wind and lightning components. This Jutsu increases both lightning and wind affinity with a set amount.’

You learned Jutsu/Skill: Sharp Thunder Sphere

 

Sharp Thunder Sphere Level 0/160

·         Sharp Thunder Sphere is a Jutsu/Skill with both lightning and wind natures. When used it will create a ball of wind/lightning chakra that’s effective in close range.

·         Base damage depends on users' lightning and wind affinities.

·         For every level of Sharp Thunder Sphere, the user gains 0.7% Affinity for both lightning and wind.

·         For every level of Sharp Thunder Sphere this Jutsu/Skill gains multiplicative 5% bonus to damage and durability.

·         Signs: … 24 Signs. Focus here to see the full list.

·         Uses 100 CP/min. Experience gained is equal to (20%) of chakra used successfully.

 

‘Well damn. I need to have at least 1.7 CP to use this for a second. Even then, I will need to use it on Leaf Sticking Exercise. It’s obvious what my focus will be. I wonder if there is a way to increase CHA naturally. Maybe I need to use all my CP for that to happen. Anyway, time to grind.’

28