Chapter 22
1.1k 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                “Shika, what do you think about forfeiting the match?” I said while smiling at Shikamaru, who was standing up.

                Shika stood up and answered, “I might, but I want to win, so I won’t forfeit the match that easily.” He sighed and continued, “Even if I am to come face to face with monsters.”

                “Hey! That’s mean! I am no monster.” Naruto said with folded arms with a pout on his face. We just chuckled at his antics and started waiting for their match.

                “Hey,” Sara whispered. She was sitting beside me and Ino was beside her. Ino and Sara were looking at me expectantly.

                “What is it?”

                “Can Naruto win against Shikamaru? He fought well against Ami.” Sara asked silently.

                I nodded. “He did really fought well but Naruto has too big of an advantage. You already know what it is.

                “I don’t know.” Ino said and continued, “I know he is better at katas since you started on him and Sara first but that’s it.”

                I chuckled, Ino looked at me quizzically. “Ino, are you trying to get information about Naruto from me?” Ino looked at me innocently. I smiled at her. “God, you are as adorable as Sara.” I pinched her cheek. I noticed Sara pouting so I pinched her cheek too. She did protest but her heart wasn’t in it. I sighed. “I will tell you after the tournament. If he doesn’t show it to you first.” Ino nodded. “Ino.” She looked at me and raised a brow. “If you and Naruto are paired…”

                Ino interjected. “I won’t give up the match. Like Shikamaru, I want to be exempt from taijutsu class too. So no matter what you offer me, I won’t give up.”

                I grinned widely. “Are you sure?” She nodded sagely. “If you give up the match, I will give you my body.” I finished with a wink.

                Ino looked at me oddly. “Your body? I can’t do Mind Transfer Jutsu yet. So your body is useless.” I felt my eye twitch.

                “What did you expect? She is a kid.” Sasuke said from the side.

                I sighed, “I don’t know. I thought she would get flustered or something.” Someone chuckled. I turned to see Iruka sensei holding his belly with one hand. He came to me and patted my head and headed to the ring.

                There, on the ring, Shikamaru and Naruto stood on opposite sides. As soon as Mizuki called the start, Naruto dashed and opened the match with a kick aimed at Shikamaru’s knee. Shikamaru dodged it nimbly and waited. Naruto attacked again, but this time, he feinted with another kick and when Shikamaru dodged it, Naruto continued with a fast punch that hit Shikamaru’s chin.

                Shikamaru grunted but Naruto’s attack didn’t seem to take much out of him. He then threw a kick at Naruto who got the attack head-on with his chest and retaliated with a powerful kick to Shikamaru’s chest. Shikamaru quickly halted his attack and tried to get into a defensive stance but Naruto’s attack landed before he could do that.

                Shikamaru flew to the edge of the ring but not outside. He quickly stood up and looked at already attacking Naruto. Naruto dashed at him, fast and jumped towards Shikamaru. Shikamaru waited until the last second and threw himself to the side. He quickly stood up and reflexively looked at Mizuki but before he could, everything went dark for him.

                Naruto jumped beside unconscious Shikamaru and yelled, “Yatta!”

                “Win by knock-out Naruto.” Iruka said then continued, “Naruto, take Shikamaru out of the ring.” Naruto nodded and lifted Shikamaru to his shoulder and walked towards us with him, skipping.

                Iruka came in front of us and said, “Other group’s tournament finished, and the winner decided. Whoever wins this group’s tournament will fight with him.” We nodded. “Then, Sasuke and Hinata, please come to the ring.” I stood up to move but Iruka stopped me. “I know we have a bet but if you tell Hinata to attack Sasuke’s leg, he might get injured. You don’t want that right, Arata-kun?”

                I sighed. “Of course. I was going to tell her to tire him out if she can’t win. Not… legs.”

                Iruka nodded and smirked. “It’s a smart decision. Too bad you couldn’t say to her right?”

                I felt my eyes widen. “Iruka-sensei, you are devious.” I kowtowed him, “Place make me your apprentice.” He just chuckled and turned to the match.

                “Come on Hinata, kick his ass!”

                Hinata went red momentarily then her eyes shifted and what’s there was a demon from hell. Well… She seemed badass, at least for a six-year-old.

                “Hey.” I turned to the Voice. It was Kotoba. “I won the tournament.”

                I nodded and smiled. “Congratulations. How did it go?”

                “It was great. I won thanks to your lessons. Though I don’t know if I am going to fare against this group’s winner the same. So, Naruto or Sasuke. Who do you think will be the winner?”

                I grinned. “It would be good if it was Naruto but if Hinata can take Sasuke easily enough… Let’s say she is tough enough to win this. Though I don’t know what this means for Academy Taijutsu Style.” I sighed and continued, “I need a better style.”

                Kotoba hummed. “I thought you said we could be great taijutsu fighters by mastering Academy Taijutsu Style. Did something change?”

                I shook my head. “No, it’s not that. It’s just that… Academy taijutsu style is a beginner’s style. It’s true that you can become a good taijutsu fighter by mastering it and working on your body but a practitioner of Jyuuken style with the same mastery as you will mostly -if not always- win against you.”

                Kotoba sighed. “So, what do you think of doing? Do you think Iruka-sensei knows a better style?”

                I shook my head. “Probably not. Though I don’t think there is harm in asking.”

                Kotoba nodded and sat beside Ino. Then I turned to the match.

Sasuke and Hinata were looking at each other with excitement each with different reasons, waiting for the unseen barrier to be lifted.

21