Chapter 27
1k 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                I wanted to sleep a little but I kept working until morning without knowing. As soon as I stopped, I looked at notifications.

                Fuinjutsu: Special Explosion Fuin is Leveled by 6.

 

                Leaf Sticking Exercise is Leveled by 1.

 

                You gained 1 CHA.

 

I collected the fuin I prepared and put them in my bag. Then I stood up and started getting ready for the academy. While doing that, I started thinking, ‘I wonder how much will I get for these fuin. It’s not a common fuin so it should go for a good price. If the price is good enough, maybe I should think of buying another fuin to add to my repertoire. Who knows, I might find something that might help with my goal.’

I dried myself with my towel and started wearing my clothes. ‘I told Sasuke I could improve the fuin 50% but I am pretty sure I can increase that by a lot. I just need time… Time? Can I make a time barrier to give myself more time? I don’t even need experimentation after all. Whatever effect my fuin has, I can see them. Something for later. For now, maybe I should work on ID Create.’

“Arata, are you awake?”

I turned to the voice to see Hana poking her head out of the door. I smiled and answered, “Yes. What is it, Hana-san?”

“I have a note for you.” She held the note out to me. I took it and looked. “Itachi-san gave it to me. Said he didn’t want to interrupt your training with Iruka-san.”

I nodded and took a look at the note. It said,

“Hi there, little Arata. I am just supposed to say that my father doesn’t want you to teach fuinjutsu to other kids except for Naruto. And don’t bother trying to sneakily teach others. Everybody knows you are bad at subtlety. Farewell.”

I took the note and a pen and started grading Itachi’s writing. Hana stood standing behind me all the while. ‘A glance… and yes, this is going to be hilarious.’

After I was done with the paper I folded it and put it in my pocket then turned to smiling Hana. She pointed at my pocket and asked, “When did you learn that much about calligraphy? I never saw or heard you read about it.”

‘Well, of course. This is for floundering my perfection in front of others. What should I say? A half-truth. That is the best.’ I smiled, “There is something in my mind that just clicks whenever I do something right.” Hana raised a brow at that. I continued, “That’s how I learn things so fast. That’s why I keep saying that I have a knack for precision.”

Hana nodded thoughtfully. “Okay. I need to prepare breakfast. Will you eat?” I nodded. “Good. Don’t start working on fuinjutsu then. You disconnect from the world while you make them. Just come and sit at the table. Maybe read your textbook. You don’t listen in class. At least read the book so you don’t score worse at the exams.” I nodded. She nodded back, “Good.” Then got out of the room.

I looked at my room and shrugged. Then I took my bag and headed to the dining hall.

I actually read the history textbook. It was fun since there are lots of cool jutsu descriptions. While reading, I can’t stop myself from imagining myself throwing them.

“Breakfast is ready!”

I was first in line since I sat closest to the food line. After eating my breakfast, I started waiting for Sara to finish while continuing to read the textbook. ‘There is no harm in learning. I can just purposefully answer wrong.’ I read a few more pages before Sara was ready and together, we took off.

While we were walking an orange blur passed by us. Then a black blur. ‘Naruto is a hard worker it seems.’

“Arata, did you see the orange kid? It looked like Naruto but he wasn’t that fast before.”

I nodded. “It was Naruto. You remember how fast he moved in the tournament right?” She nodded. “He was using a technique called Chakra Enhancement. It can make you move that fast but the technique needs too much chakra. I can’t use it because of that myself.”

Sara nodded thoughtfully. “Do you think I can use it?” I shook my head. “But Naruto can, that’s unfair.” I chuckled, Sara pouted. “What?”

I patted Sara’s head. “Don’t worry little sis. You can do it in the future.”

“Little sis? But I am older.” She protested.

I tilted my head, “How do you know?” She just shrugged and continued pouting until academy. There, she split up from me and walked to Ino while I was moving to my desk. As soon as I sat at the table, I started working on my Fuin.

I was at my third fuin when Iruka came with Naruto dangling from his hand. He threw Naruto his desk a little angrier than normal and turned to us. He looked at everyone. While doing that, his gaze lingered on me for just a moment more but I understood his meaning. ‘You will listen to the class. Yes sir.’ I chuckled inwardly but still put fuinjutsu supplies away.’

Seeing everyone silent, Iruka nodded once and said, “Now. Who knows what is chakra?” Some kids –me included- raised their hands. Iruka looked at everyone and said, “Naruto. What is chakra?”

Naruto stood up and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. “Ah, it’s the thing that makes you stronger?” Iruka sighed so Naruto protested, “But sensei, I didn’t raise my hand!”

Iruka nodded. “I know Naruto. I was thinking something else.” That mollified Naruto. “You can sit.” Iruka then looked at me for a second but shook his head minutely. Then he turned to other kids. “Who here knows how to use chakra?” Some hands raised, again, I did too. Iruka sighed, “As of today, it’s forbidden to use chakra inside the academy grounds.” Some kids protested, but Iruka was having none of it. He glared at the protesting kids and said, “After going through the tournament, I noticed that some of you rely on it too much. That’s why it’s forbidden now to make things fairer. There are exceptions. You can train your chakra control in the academy.” After Iruka sensei said that, everyone turned to me, rather the leaf sticking on my forehead. I just shrugged and they turned back to Iruka. “I will teach you the leaf sticking exercise in this class. But only to students with the necessary reserves.”

After that, Iruka started unlocking some kids’ chakra while teaching leaf sticking to others. I volunteered to help but he didn’t want me to. So I sat down and watched.

 

22