Chapter 36
816 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

                Killed Thug Level 0. +27 Experience

 

                Your Level Increased to 2

                You gained 5 Stat Points

 

                Achievement Unlocked: First Blood.

                You gained 1 Skill Point. You can access your Skill Points from your Skill List.

 

                ‘Should I be happy? I just killed someone.’ I looked at Jiraia who was looking at me pityingly. I walked beside him and asked, “We killed people. Aren’t guards going to come after us now?”

                Jiraia shook his head. “Don’t worry, kid. No one will look for us for a couple of criminals. The real question is why these people came after you. Do you have any idea? Something out of the ordinary you did?” I shook my head. He hummed then said, “Anyway. We are done here. Let’s get back to our rooms.”

                “Wait.” We turned to the voice. Soichiro continued, “I learned that there is a group of Satsu’s men holed up in a building. We should attack there as our answer to this. They have to learn that they can’t just touch one of our own whenever they feel like it.”

                “Soichiro-san. I don’t think they purposefully came after me. There is no reason for them to do that. Probably they were sitting here waiting for a kid to fall into their trap. So I don’t think we should provoke them.” I said while glancing at Jiraia, waiting for him to support me.

                Jiraia nodded to himself and said, “I think Soichiro-san is right. We should attack them now or they will get their guards up.”

                Soichiro nodded, “Genki-san if we are going to do this, I think your son should come too. He is an able fighter who managed to take down two grown men by himself.”

                ‘What?’

                Jiraia shook his head so gave a sigh of relief. He then asked, “How many men are there?”

                Soichiro frowned, “Three. Nothing we can’t handle.”

                Jiraia smirked. “True. But I have a better idea.” Soichiro gestured for him to go on. While I was waiting for him to tell us his genius idea. ‘His the legendary sannin. I am pretty sure his idea is ingenious.’ After a pause, Jiraia continued, “We will let my son deal with them.”

                I froze. I quickly turned to him and said, “But J-father, I am six. Is it right for you to put me in that kind of danger? What if they are better fighters than me? What is going to happen to me then?”

                “Yes, Genki-san. Your son is right. We shouldn’t underestimate them.” Soichiro supported me from the side. ‘Yes, yes! Listen to him!’

                Jiraia scratched his chin, his smirk still adorning his face. He patted my head and said, “This is your test. If you manage to take them down, I will teach you something good.”

                ‘Teach… me?’ I turned to Soichiro, “Soichiro-san. Where are they? I will take them down.”

                Soichiro smiled wryly. “I will take you there.” He then turned around and started walking deeper into the alley. We walked for a few minutes and came in front of a moderate house. Soichiro pointed to it and said, “They are inside. Be careful, they might be stronger than we think. If you decide you can’t take them down, give a holler and we will come running.”

                I nodded seriously. “Okay. I am off.” I reached the door in a few seconds and knocked. While waiting, I heard footsteps behind the door with the voice of a man talking.

The door opened and a woman with silky green hair looked at me critically. Her stare was so intense that I felt naked. She then turned to where Jiraia and Soichiro were standing a minute ago. She turned to me again, “Kid, go away. You don’t want my colleagues to see you. Or they will do something painful to you. Do you understand me?” With that, I felt my resolve waver. ‘She seems nice. She even warned me of her friends. I will abort this mission and tell Jiraia I won’t do it. Yes, he can’t force me.’ “Kid?”

I smiled at her. “Sorry. I think I came to the wrong place. See you.” With that I took a step back, intending to turn around and go but as soon as I said that, her gaze changed.

She smiled at me hungrily and said, “So you weren’t with them. Good. I can’t wait to taste you.”

I tilted my head. “Taste? You want to eat me?! Shit!” I turned around and started running. I took a few steps but a man with dark, unkempt hair and a big mouth cut my way. I looked at his mouth and remembered what the woman said, so I used chakra enhancement as a burst and punched him in the face. He grunted and flew three meters back. I didn’t let up. I ran to him and stomped on his belly though he didn’t seem to be affected by it much. He tried to stand up but I kicked his head and he fell again. Then I held his head and struck it to the ground, once, twice. I was about to strike a third time when I felt the hair on the back of my neck raise. I jumped to the side hurriedly and rolled on my feet. When I turned to the downed man, I saw a knife sticking out of his chest.

“Look what you made me do.” I turned to the voice and saw the cannibal. She was holding knives with both her hands. She started licking the one in her right hand and tried to close the distance between us.

“You bitch! What did you do to Mobaru?!” A man came running from the house. He glanced at me and looked at the cannibal. “I will kill you for this.” Cannibal just smirked. The man frowned angrily and turned to me. “You are as guilty as her. So you will die too.” With that, he rushed at me.

He was fast. He threw a fist at me which I barely dodged and continued with a kick to my gut. I blocked the strike. While I was waiting for a third hit, he dodged to the side and a knife came flying at me. I threw myself to the side at the last moment and rolled to my feet. As soon as I turned to the man I saw a kick coming towards me. ‘Damn it, they have good teamwork. What should I do?’

15