Chapter One – Three Demons
229 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I summon thee, spawns of darkness. Beings of destruction and chaos. Descend upon this material plane and manifest yourselves!" An old man cried out, kneeling before a stone altar with red liquid drenched over it.

To the side laid human bodies that were in different states of decaying, however the old man didn't care about them at all as he gazed at the altar with fanatism.

Three seconds. Ten seconds. A minute. Two minutes. The old man scratched his head wondering if he made a mistake somewhere.

Just as he was about to get to his feet, the altar which had been silent lit up with a gray glow as a swirling vortex appeared silently.

In the gray glow, balls of darkness appeared floating out of the strange vortex and landing on the altar.

Three balls of darkness floated silently above the altar, the darkness which formed them constantly churning and twisting.

"I did it! I succeeded at last! All these years, my research and studies weren't in vain! They exist!!" The old man started to cry while bowing his head.

"Human, what have you summoned us to this plane for?" A voice that seemed to grate on the ears spoke first, the first of the darkness balls floating forward.

"Respected Lords, I ask that you avenge my son and daughter!" The old man didn't raise his head and instead placed his forehead on the ground.

"Avenge them? Tell me, what shall we get in return? Ten years of your lifespan, or perhaps one hundred sacrifices?" The first demon mused with a hint of disdain.

The old man fell silent as he wondered what he had to offer such a being... Not to mention that there were two more on the altar.

"I don't know. I'll give you my soul if you avenge them." The old man cried out as he thought of the pain he endured going through life alone.

"I don't wish to roam in this plane. What of you?" The demon turned to the other demons who floated silently on the altar.

"I will return as well. I have contracts to complete, I don't want another one on my plate." The second demon turned into wisps of darkness that vanished into the vortex above the altar.

The first demon also gave the man a once over and then turned into a cloud of darkness that was sucked back into the vortex.

"Please! I beg of you, avenge my children and you can have everything I own. Just please..." The old man lowered his head as his tears flowed freely.

'Where the heck am I? This isn't the bathroom! Where the heck did I end up?' The third ball of  darkness, or rather the only one remaining hovered silently, not displaying anything while it had a mental breakdown.

'Wait, I remember, that bastard! He fricking shot me because I wouldn't give him money! Who does that?!' Oliver looked around and saw the bodies on the side and froze.

'What the fuck is this?! Why are there dead people? Is this Hell? Wait, no... I'm a demon. A really weak one...'

Oliver didn't know how he knew the information appearing in his mind, but he just knew it to be true.

'Okay, I reincarnated as a demon spawn, the weakest of all demons and the starting point of every demon.'

'Now I need souls and sacrifices to level- I mean rank up. The Third Heirarchy of demons are the weakest, yet most numerous as well.'

"Please help me... I can't wait for justice, so I can only deliver punishment myself!" The old man looked up and saw the only remaining demon floating there silently.

'Wait, who is this guy? Did he summon us?' Oliver looked around and realized that the other demons had left.

"Human, I can help you get your revenge. In exchange, I will own your soul." Oliver said after piecing together he situation.

'It seems like his kids were killed and he wants revenge, thus he summoned demons. What the hell, is this even Earth?'

"I promise you my soul, I just want revenge!" Seeing the old man promise his soul for revenge, Oliver sighed.

'Maybe this what it's like to love people dearly. You go insane when they leave.' Oliver floated out of the altar, and the vortex behind him slowly vanished into thin air.

As an orphan, Oliver never had many people to care for him, so he was a bit distant to emotions dealing with others.

"Very well. I shall help you on your road to vengeance." Oliver said simply as he floated out of the altars's range.

4