Chapter One – Countdown
57 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A slightly chubby youth smirked as he clicked on a new tab and started to search the web for a cracked version of PUBG.

Despite him being relatively good at the game, he didn't want to waste money on buying coins when he could get them for free with even more benefits.

Cameron smiled as he deleted the original application and then downloaded the cracked version.

'If I didn't have 5G, I'd probably have to wait a while. Should I take a shower while it downloads?'

He took a shower early in the day, but because it was summer and he went out, he sweated quite a bit, so he didn't feel too clean.

[Application Installed... Would you like to activate the Ultimate Cheat?] A series of words popped up after the application vanished, darkening his screen.

"Damn! If I get a virus, I'll be mad as heck! You better not be a damned virus." Secretly crossing his toes, he clicked the only available choice which was yes.

[Congratulations on acquiring the Myriad Cheat Engine... 29 seconds left.]

'The myriad cheat engine? What kind of broke ass PUBG mod is this? I'll definitely send a bad review.'

With a frown on his face, Cameron looked at the timer which had entered it's final countdown.

[14 seconds left...]

...

[10 seconds left...]

...

[5 seconds left...]

[4 seconds left...]

[3...]

[2...]

[1...]

[0...]

...

Cameron's quite chubby body seemed to glow with the brilliance of the sun before fading, leaving nothing behind but a blank screen.

On the screen were a few words that constantly changed, then without warning, the monitor went dead.

...

Profound Continent

Long Family Main Residence

A youth with a rather delicate appearance opened his eyes and groaned softly, trying to sort out the information in his mind.

'I transmigrated to the Profound Continent? In the body of a weak son-in-law in a world where cultivation is possible?'

'Why couldn't my predecessor cultivate? Wait, his talent was extremely weak. Then what good is this body besides it's good looks?' Cameron rolled his eyes and got out of bed.

The room was small, and some servants actually had a room bigger than his own. One could tell the title of son-in-law was just in name.

He was married to Laura Long, one of the top beauties in the city. The Long Family had countless assets and businesses, making them the local overlord of the city along with two other Families.

'Based on the memories, this marriage is a scam to cause those young masters who want Laura to give up...'

'The idiot before me really thought it was a real marriage, however he happened to die the night after the marriage...'

Cameron may be lazy, but he wasn't an idiot. How could a healthy person just kick the bucket? Based on all the webnovels he read, then he probably got poisoned.

His face then turned ugly when he thought about being poisoned. 

'Even if it was poison, wouldn't it still be in this body? Doesn't that mean I could also kick the bucket at any time?'

The room was a few meters wide, barely enough to pace in, but Cameron didn't go rushing outside rashly, he walked over to the cracked mirror and looked at himself.

'I truly don't look that bad. In fact, he's quite handsome, a pity that he's already dead.' Cameron's face was sharp and defined, making him quite appealing to ladies.

"You bastard! Get out here this moment!" A rage filled roar sounded outside. Cameron curiously went to the door and opened it.

Outside was a man wearing silk clothes that seemed about to burst! The man in question was really fat!

'Ah! I know. This man is Laura's father's brother, my uncle based on my marital status.' Not sure why this man was yelling, Cameron walked out curiously.

"You useless piece of trash! Not only do you want to climb up above your station using my niece, you also dare to try to lay your filthy hands on my daughter as well?!"

'Eh? I did what?' Cameron looked at his newly acquired uncle with a strange gaze, but his silence was seen as him admitting his guilt.

"You damned swindler! If it wasn't because the First Young Miss pleaded for your life, I'd have cut you down right here!" Uncle Long said while clenching his sword's handle tightly.

"Wait, what? Your daughter? Why would I want to lay hands on her when I just got married? Wouldn't I lay my hands on my wife instead?" Cameron asked in confusion.

"Er... We all know that marriage is fake! The First Young Miss would never let you touch her! That's an you tried to molest my daughter!" Hearing his nominal uncle screaming that his marriage was fake, Cameron sighed and then walked back inside, closing the door behind him.

"Not only do I have no supporters anywhere close to me, I'm wrapped up in some family's stupid drama!" Cameron plopped on his bed and sighed once more.

3