The Ride
21 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked back and found Marco sitting naked-chest clutching a bottle of cheap brown liquor that was almost half empty.

Next to him, Kevin took out a red box with white gradient from his shirt pocket. He then opened the box and took out a cigarette.

"You want?"

He pushed the cigarette box toward me, while his other hand aimed the cigarette to his mouth.

He offered me a cigarette, but I'm not in the mood to smoke right now.

"The smoke will interfere my sight later"

"You can open the window, man."

"Here, let me take one"

Marco, who had been cool with the bottle in his hand, began to interrupt.

Kevin then shoved his cigarette box and Marco took a stick.

"Where's the lighter?"

I then opened a box in front of the seat beside me and took out a lighter with its body made of yellow transparent plastic.

"Here is a lighter"

Toss it backwards, Marco quickly catch it, then he watched the lighter as he flipped it.

"Cheap lighter"

"That's not important, the important thing is that can light your cigarette"

"Yeah"

He said then stuck his cigarette in his mouth and started lighting it with the lighter.

"Here"

"Thanks"

Receiving a lighter from Marco, Kevin also did the same thing as Marco.

A blue light came out of nowhere through my car which made me turn up the radio volume and increase the speed of my car.

"What's wrong? There's no need to panic, it's just a cops on patrol"

Kevin, who realized it, looked back and saw a white sedan with blue stripes and the words 'POLICE' in black adorning the sides.

"Yeah you're right"

Yes, there's no need to panic, it's just the police on patrol, there's nothing to worry about.

I peeked in the rearview mirror and found a police car with a sirens blinking several times, and slowly, the blue light started to fade as the police car started to move away.

The smell of cigarette attacks my nose which makes me crinkle my forehead.

"How much did you guys suck?"

"2"

"6"

As expected, especially Kevin who is an addict.

No wonder it smells like tobacco here. Well, I don't hate it tho, I love it. Somehow this smell can make me relax.

"Hey Marco, can you pass that bottle?"

"Sure, here you go"

Without taking my eyes off the street, I reached out with my left hand and picked up the bottle Marco passed.

Shaking it up for a while, I then drank it and bitter sweet taste flowed down my throat.

(It's refreshing)

At least it refreshed my dry throat.

"C'mon pass it to me"

I then handed the bottle to Kevin but Marco interrupted and took the bottle before Kevin could reach it.

"Nope, it's almost empty"

"I gave you a cigarettes earlier"

"Two cigarettes is not worth this"

"All right, you want more?"

"Yeah give me three more"

"Tch, you're greedy"

I just listened to it from the front, focused on the road. Do not join their conversation.

Slowly the sky that had been dark began to change with a yellow light coming between the dark sky.

(It's about the time huh?)

I then took a right turn and entered a mini-market parking lot that was still closed. I could see the parking lot lights reflecting off the light emerging from the rising sun.

I closed my eyes enjoying this moment.

And slowly with the sun starting to rise, the sound behind me also started to die down until finally the sound completely disappeared with the sun removing all the darkness in the sky.

All that I heard now is the sound of the radio and the engine sound of a car parked in this quiet place.

I then opened my eyes and smiled melancholy, remembering what I just went through.

(It’s fun….. at least)

Until I felt my eyes getting heavy with my consciousness also starting to leave my body.

(Good night)

0