[Vol. 2] Chapter 31 – Chase
1k 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Vol. 2 is now out! Release schedule will still be the same with regular 2-3 chapters per day! Enjoy.

...

In a place located somewhere, an old run-down dojo surrounded by a bunch of plantations and trees making it look like a ruined structure. One would say it's already destroyed due to the various damages on it's exterior, however, inside the dojo will prove otherwise.

The conditions inside the dojo were outright perfect. The wooden floor neatly scrubbed clean and waxed perfectly, the walls different from the outside whereas it had a perfect furnished old-japanese era style.

At the centermost part of the dojo, a huge mattress is plastered on the floor. On it, an old man sat there motionless. This old man had a neatly combed white hair and a sage-like beard that extends to his neck. He wore a black judogi with the outlines painted as white. His facial expression cild yet exudes an intimidating aura. 

He meditated there, eyes closed and his breathing completely focused.

...

"Shit! Kaoru we're getting close!" Rito shouted as they ran at full speed towards the direction to a nearby mountain. He held Kaoru's hand as they dashed full speed. Behind them are the same group led by the girl with the samurai. These goons rode motorcycles as they traversed on the traffic.

'Fuck! I didn't know they had vehicles!' Rito thought to himself.

They previously thought that they could get far but then these guys suddenly whipped out their motorcycles to give chase and shorten the distance. Rito and Kaoru couldn't help but curse on their persistence. They could only use the traffic to barely avoid the pursuers as they headed to the mountain.

There were instances that either Kaoru or Rito would be grabbed by they would just execute a kick or a punch then start running again.

After 20 minutes of running, they finally got to the base of the mountain. At this point, they were both exhausted and relieved. They needed to go to a certain place where they would be able to get help. 

"They are planning to climb the mountain, stop them!" The girl with the samurai sword screamed as they got off the vehicle and ran in foot to chase off.

"Hurry up! Hey! You there! Intercept and block all their exits!"

Rito and Kaoru started running again towards the path to the higher part of the mountain.

...

Back outside Rito's house, a group of students were found kneeling and trembling. Another dozen or so men dressed in a black suit can be seen just standing around motionless as they stare at the group. They were conversing in English language making them somewhat of a foreigner.

"Brian, the miss has commands." One of the men spoke after he fiddled with his security headphones.

"...What did the miss say?" A dark-skinned man replied.

"Let the kids go and regroup back to the house, we have serious work." He then continued, "...Oh, don't forget to ask them where to buy hookers this night, kids like them should know." He then sneered.

"Seriously boss? I didn't knew you were a fan of asian pussies." The dark-skinned man laughed as he retracted his arms holding a silenced pistol.

He then turned back and stared at a particular student who was crying nonstop and his eyes closed. 

"...You're all free to go." The dark-skinned man announced in Japanese language to the group.

The students only trembled even more, suggesting they don't believe it. Of course the dark-skinned man predicted this as he reaches out to the inside of his uniform. He then took out a thick pack of westerner money, presumably dollars.

He then slapped one of the students with the money as he said,

"I said, you're free to go. Do you want me to break your legs?"

The students who were in shock snapped out as they rapidly shook their heads in answer. They then opened their eyes and saw that the only man remaining was the dark-skinned guy.

"...Here, this is 55,000 yen. Should be good as compensation and a way to forget about all of this right?" He then started handing out money to the scared students who were still confused but relieved.

They heavily thought that this was the end for them. They were so scared to the point they weren't able to fully realize the meaning behind the dark-skinned guy's words.

They were keen on burying one thought,

'I gotta get away from here.'

As the dark-skinned man finished handing out money, he then tapped the shoulder of one of the crying students and asked,

"Uh, where's the nearest strip club here?"

The students tilted their heads as thry gulped mouthful of saliva. 

...

As Rito and Kaoru endlessly traversed into the steep pathway, they were chased by a group of men holding bladed and blunt weapons.

They were as fast as the exhausted duo, this put a massive headache to Rito. He knew they would catch him sooner or later but he needed to reach that place no matter what.

When they were about to close in to a vicinity, Rito's eyes shone with hope when suddenly Kaoru slipped and rolled to the side.

"Aiyaaa!" Kaoru screamed as she crashed into clusters of bushes and rocks. She had also unluckily hit her head multiple times as she then landed on a spot near a tree where she lied unconscious.

"Fuck! Kaoru!" Rito screamed as he looked over the unconscious girl. He then turned back and saw that the group who were chasing them are now getting nearer and nearer. 

But without hesitation, he ran over to Kaoru.

"Shit! Why'd you got to be so unlucky, fuck you author!" Rito bellowed in rage as he starts to pick up Kaoru to his shoulder. 

Rito's state were pretty bad as he was gasping for air from exhaustion. Kaoru was the same too, suspecting the reason for her tripping.

Rito gathered his remaining strength and started running while carrying Kaoru. When he looked back over, he noticed something odd. The number of people that chased them suddenly decreased.

As he pondered this thought, a figure jumped beside him!

This figure held a wooden bat filled with spiky nails at the end of it. It then swung at Rito.

'Shit!'

Rito who was stuck with his left arm holding Kaoru and his body unable to manuever to dodge, he lifted his other arm to block the incoming attack. Indeciveness would lead them ti death as he unhesitantly sacrified his right arm.

Pam!

Rito gritted his teeth as he felt the massive amount of pain surging through him. He then dashed towards past the man again.

The attack just now had torn his flesh open as the multiple holes can be seen in his forearm. They oozed fresh blood as a bit of trauma can be seen around it, proof of bruises.

Nevertheless, he ignored it. One wrong choice is death. He didn't even want to die just for Kaoru but he still just can't leave her for a reason.

As Rito hopped on, adrenaline surged him as the instinctive fight or flight wiped any remaining logic in his mind. He didn't even look at the fresh wound and just kept running.

Suddenly, 4 more figures jumped and halted their paths. Each one dangerously held weapons that could either bleed him or bash his head.

"Are you fucking serious?!"

Rito complained as he felt escape being cut off. This was the point where his eyes regained fierceness. The unbreakable will to survive.

The 4 goons just smiled and started rushing in.

'If i die i atleast will fucking taje one of you with me!'

Rito held his bloodied arm as he prepared a stance. His facial expression exhausted but intimidating.

When one of the weapons were about to hit Rito, a piece if object suddenly flew towards the goon's head, ultimately knocking him down.

The remaining goons saw this and stopped their advance as they scanned the surrounding. Rito was similarly shocked and turned to look at the direction where the object came.

There, on top of a tree, a feminine boy and a girl can be seen. The boy smiling widely while the girl was laughing. The girl then shouted.

"Rito-kun! You look pathetic!"

Happy April Fools Day!

17