Chapter One – Alagor
217 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asra spat out a mouthful of blood, wiping the blood on his face off with the back of his hand.

"It seems that it's my time." Asra laughed lightly as he looked at the man walking over to him with a bit of amusement on his face.

"Yes indeed. However, this may also be a blessing for you. To escape a world where you're constantly hunted and feared." The man wore casual clothes, but his eyes radiated the aura of a hunter.

"Gordan, don't even talk to me about death. Both of us knew we'd die someday when we first killed. It's just business..." Asra coughed as a trickle of blood leaked from his lips.

Gordan raised an eyebrow and fished a small pistol out from his waist, aiming at Asra's chest while a faint smile appeared on his handsome face.

"Yes. It's just business, so don't hate me, my old partner." Gordan pulled the trigger and a bloody rose bloomed on Asra's chest.

Feeling a dull impact, Asra looked down and saw blood gushing from a hole a few centimeters wide through his heart.

With his last breath, Asra smiled in relief and then closed his eyes as his body lost it's strength. Having been an assassin most of his life, death could be seen as the ultimate freedom.

"This is goodbye my old friend." Gordan walked away, pulling out his phone.

"Get a crew to come clean up the site, I'll send the location to you now." Gordan failed to notice a hazy light manifesting over the body.

The light pulsed a few times and then vanished along with Asra's fading consciousness, leaving bodies laying around on the ground.

...

Deep outside Reality

A massive spear countless kilometers long anchored itself in space, piercing through the body of a woman who had features too divine to be mortal.

Chains bound nearly every inch of her body, save for where the spear had penetrated and her face.

Golden droplets floated around the area where the spear impaled the woman, however the woman's face was indifferent even in slumber.

"So my incarnation was destroyed? It seems that the seals are weakening." The woman murmured softly to herself, her eyes opening.

The entire realm lit up with a silvery glow as her eyes opened, revealing pupils shaped like hourglasses.

Staring off into the distance, the woman smiled slightly as she examined the memories she received from her incarnation.

'It seems that the world had progressed greatly since the last time I was awakened... Those fellows should be stirring as well.' 

Asra, the woman smiled as her eyes glowed with a divine light, piercing the Veil of Reality and observing the worlds within.

Her eyes closed after a moment and a sigh echoed throughout the world as a light brighter than the sun appeared.

"Even after all these eons, you still haven't given up on escaping?" The light spoke to Asra who smiled faintly.

"Alagor. You and your comrades will receive retribution. Do you think you can imprison me forever?" Asra asked with a mocking tone.

"The time of the Elder Gods have passed, paving the way for the current Lords and humanity. You Elder Gods were always indifferent to the suffering of the masses." Alagor said with a light sigh.

"Mark my words Alagor... I will personally destroy everything you and your humans hold dear!" Asra said with a vicious smile.

"I understand your rage as you weren't part of the war, yet you were caught up in the midst of it. However, mankind has prospered under the rule of the Lords, why not let it be?" Alagor asked with a deep voice.

"Even throughout the eons, mankind has never relied on the Divine. However, you lowering yourself to humanity's level and accepting their faith? What a joke. Leave now!" Asra snorted angrily.

"I just wish for the prosperity of Reality. You Elder Gods could create a new reality, yet you never tried to do so... Why?" Alagor asked softly.

"You know that we created Reality, yet you overthrew us? You Lords were always so righteous, I hope you can maintain his spirit of defiance when we Elder Gods walk free once more." 

"Very well. I hope you reconsider." Alagor murmured as he vanished, the light fading back to the dim silvery light Asra emitted.

7