Prologue ~Act 0~
725 15 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She Says it helps with lights out”

 

  "ahh this is great, nothing but the night sky, and gentle winds blowing in my face, almost makes me forget about the fact I got evicted from my apartment." Damn that’s right, at the age of twenty, I Carlos Sanchez, have lost my job, my home, and whatever dignity I have left.

 

 At least I have my CD player, playing my favorite album, from my favorite band. Laying on the grassy field with the device in hand, letting the song play on, I just realize this is the only valuable thing I have in my possession, that and this tacky LED watch I spent the last of my money on, yeah, I could now see why I lost everything I had. 

 

Ahh no matter, I’m sure living the life of a hobo ain’t that bad, I could go anywhere without being restricted by the likelihood of a middle class citizen. But, bathing, eating, and finding a place to sleep it’s going to be a bit of a bitch. Great. "I’ll deal with it in the coming days, I’ll enjoy this peaceful, and quiet night while I can."

 

Yeah, I think it's best not to linger on such thoughts, I try to look at the positives of a bad situation, and it looks like the negatives are outweighing them. Who knows, maybe there are things that I’m not seeing.

 

God, I just sound like a madman, rambling such random thoughts that make no sense. I feel like I want to start anew. A new body, a new mindset, a new world, like those fantasy ones, with magic, adventures, and more importantly girls, and not just any girls, fantasy girls.  *images of beautiful women flashing through my thoughts, the feeling, their sent, the siren voices* “Yeah right, like I had any personal luck with women.”

 

I’ve never been one with the ladies, I have confidence, but I guess not the face. Most women tend to avoid me, or shoot me down quickly. These women gotta realize that takes quite a toll on a guy's self-esteem. Still, I try hoping one day I meet that special someone. Maybe in this new world, I can start from the bottom and climb to the top, gaining strength, fame, fortune, and possibly love.

 

Again just rambling like a madman, c'mon Carlos think realistically here. This is the real world here, get those delusions out of your head. You put yourself in this situation, and now you gotta deal with the consequences. There is now way to get out of this *sitting up looking towards the distance feeling the gentle breeze across my face* so the best you can do is brace for what is coming *feeling the soft grass on my back*

 

With that, I take a long deep breath, and sigh. I did this to myself, no way around it. I take another look up at the starry night sky, such a beautiful sight. But then, I see it, a- shooting star, no way. Without any hesitation, I close my eyes, and make my statement:

 

"Cross my heart, My shooting star, If I could start anew, I promise I will make this life much better than before, no more stupid decsions, and no more rash actions, grant me this wish."

 

I kept my eyes closed for what seemed to be a while, “now that i think about it, i kind of feel like a  fucking clown wishing for something like that”. Well, kinda now scared to open my eyes to see if anyone heard me. Maybe just a peak, if someone there, I’ll just roll away like a wimp.

 

All right here we go I guess,*a strong whooshing noise could be heard* “wait what’s that sound”. As I open my eyes slowly, I see it, the shooting star is hurling at me at full speed, *feeling my heart beat increase from the sight* "OHH SHI---"

 

*CRASH*

 

Darkness envelops me, I feel my body falling, further, and further down. *clenching my hands, I start to think* “What just happened, did I die?, really of all the things, this is how I go out!, BY A FUCKING SHOOTING STAR!. Before I could think of anything else, the feeling of the ground hit me at full force *SLAM*. I layed on the ground not moving for my body was hurt from the impact “Oww fuck, that shit hurt" *i get up from the hard floor to take in my surroundings* “What the?!"

 

I take a look around this place and it is hard to describe. If I could take I guess, it looks like an ethereal plane, maybe, but that would make most sense in a place where it doesn't.*I start walking forward* This place is a bit trippy since it doesn’t have a level of ground to step on, but any basic concepts wouldn’t exist in such a plane of existence in the first place.

 

I kept walking around for a bit before I stumbled onto some gates in the distance, it looks like they’re slightly opened, *I walk up to them and start to hear voices*, I peek through the door and see two figures standing there, one male, and one female. The male looked like your typical blonde protagonist, you know the one, blue eyes, a cool aroma, a sense of confidence, and all that cool jazz. I take a look myself, and realize im a fucking potato compare this guy, standard black hair, all shaggy, brown eyes, loser energy emitting from me, and a bit overweight. Damn, that’s making me a bit depressed, well enough about me, I look back and see a bombshell of a woman standing next to blonde, Long violet hair that would be silky to the touch, sharpish eyes that match her hair color, a body that would make me do anything she says, dressed in all white goddess robes, my god, an eleven out of ten If I do say so myself. My attention then focuses on the conversation they’re having.

 

"Forgive me hero, for summoning you in such a manner, but in order to bring you into this world, my star had to strike you down in your world to pass on to this one." As she said in a sad tone.

Wait what, really, What kind of bullshit is that."Well, it did come as a bit of a surprise, but what's done is done, and nothing can change that." The guy said in a reassuring tone. Wait really you’re going to accept that easily. "Oh my Hero, I know you were the perfect candidate, I had no doubt In my mind."

 

Wait is that heart-shapes in her eyes, ok she’s infatuated with him, no doubt there. Hearing the situation from afar, I learned that the women is a goddess named Sif, (that explains a lot), and the guys name is Adam,(My god, he can’t get anymore cliche,can he), and that he was summoned as a champion for the goddess to defeat the demon lord in this world. The more I hear of their conversation, the more I become frustrated. It all sounds too damn cliche, like fuck dude, I think I’ve seen this type of scenario many times before. Ok, so where the fuck do I fit in all of this.

 

It looks like they’re conversation is coming to an end as the Goddess claps her hands, and a magic circle starts forming around Adam. In that instant, he gained a new slick outfit, with some armor pads, and everything. She also hands him a charm. "With this Artifact, you’ll gain the power of a demi-god, nothing will stand in your way so long as you have this."

 

Ok really, give him a new slick outfit, and make him OP as all hell, shit I better get the same treatment as him as recompense. Just before he gets deployed into the new world, the goddess whispers something to him, and blushes hard. C’mon dude you’re a grown ass man, show some masculinity. With that, she gives him a kiss on the cheek and a beam of light sends him on his merry way. Alright now my turn, I enter the room, and prepare for my chance at a new life.

 

" Ahh excuse me… I think I’m due next-"

All of sudden, I get whiplashed by a strong gust of wind that proceeds to slam into the gates face first, “Ahh my fucking nose” *feeling a hand around my throat*, with the goddess giving me such a nasty look."Who are you, how did you enter my plane, answer me."

 

Fucking hell, I will answer, just stop chocking me, "let me breathe then." She lets go of me, and I fall to the ground, jeez she stronger than she looks, and taller too. I feel like a midget compared to her. *an image of a dwarf and an elf popped in my thoughts* I soothe my throat , that really did hurt, She stomps her foot next to me, looks like she’s getting impatient. Great.

 

"From my understanding I don’t know what I’m doing here, all I know is that I got struck by a star, and I ended up here." She looks at me dumb-founded, then turns around walking to a corner with a staff floating there, she grabs it and activates it. An image of earth appears like a hologram, she starts messing around with her staff, "It can’t be" she sounds bewildered.

 

It looks like a real time recording of earth, she reverses the footage, and checks a specific part of earth, it looks like the northern hemisphere. That’s where I was, wait a minute, isn’t that the shooting star, she plays the recording and the star looks like it is going to another part of the earth, that doesn't make sense. She then reverses the footage and zooms in, and then the revelation

 

It seems like a small chunk of that stupid-ass star broke off and headed towards me, no way. And the sad part of it, is when I say small chunk, it was like a small rock, I know I’m not strong, but was I really that weak to die off a fucking small rock, really now.

 

"What a miscalculation, oh well, the hero is at least secured." She tries to walk back towards the darkness of the room, Ignoring me completely, wait a fucking minute, where do you think you're going. *I run up to her to stop her in her tracks* I catch up, and grip her shoulder, at which points she grabs my arm and throws me on the ground.

 

" Get your disgusting hands off me you leech", she said in a disgusted tone "Oww, Firstly, that’s uncalled for, Secondly, you’re star fucked me over, I demand recompensation" I said angrily. back. "Recompensation, yeah right, someone as vile as you doesn't deserve it." She replied in a sadistic tone

 

“Oh hell noooo!!” goddess or not. I’m not gonna take this shit she’s spewing out."Ok, then put me back on earth." Fuck it, If I can’t get reincarnation, put me back where I belong, I don’t want be put up with this shit anyways. "Well here’s the thing, I can’t put you back since I don’t have that power, and even If i did your body is dead, actually that doesn't sound like a bad thing to do at all." 

 

Kill me once, shame on you, Kill me twice, Go fuck yourself, *she walks around the room* "Now I regret never learning it, so much for being a perfect goddess." Yeah, yeah keep on talking.

 

"Plus, you can’t remain here, this place is only reserved for those who are deserving, which you are not." She clicks back.Yeah, yeah keep rubbing it in.

 

" Y’know what, I’ll make an exception, and send you on to my world" She claims hesitantly. Oh really now, well what choice do I have, I can’t go back to my old body, and I can’t stay here cause I’m not ‘worthy’ or whatever that means. But, not gonna lie, despite the predicament I’m in,my wish will become a reality, a new life, a new world, this is it. 

 

"Alright new clothes, and artifact, give me, give me" I said excitedly She looks at me, and starts laughing hysterically "What’s so funny" I asked

 

 "You think you deserve those bonuses, no, no, you should be grateful I’m letting you go into this world. "So you expect to go in sweats, and this raggedy jacket."

 

She stops laughing, and gets a stern look on her face"Such a Greedy boy, fine then, I allow you to keep your device you have on your arm."

 

Wait, what device. *I look at my left arm, and see the LED watch* No way, I forgot I had it on, I mean it’ll help me keep the time, if the other world follows a similar time pattern but other than that, that's all is good for. "That’s it really." Disappointingly I say

 

"Yes, that’s it, Oh and one more thing." She then conjures up a flame, and slams her fist straight into my chest. "This world is composed of 95% of women, Any males who would show up, the ladies would do anything to be with them, But in your case, I amped up your worst trait. And before you could say anything, have fun finding out." She then kicks me, and a beam of light sends me on my merry way.

 

I landed hard, face first into a mud pile. Great,  a new world, and I can't catch a break, I get up, clean myself, and check out my surrounding, I’m in a forest, looks like its daytime, “aaahh that sun feels good, but i still feel like shit” alright, let's take a small walk, *walking through the trees* Five minutes into the walk, and I see a ravine, I quickly walked over, to see any physical changes, nope, this goddess send me as-is to this world, even with the same clothing, great just great. I take a close look at my watch, the thing that I could consider my artifact, I start to fuck with the Settings, and when I click the button, a hologram appeared, asking for a name, surprised, I was taken back, Woah I didn’t know it can do this.

 

“A name huh… I can make a new Identity for myself, but what kind of name can I choose?” I close my eyes and wonder, then a certain lyrics of a song comes into mind. "Leif Erikson" Name Accepted. Woah, my watch then displays of what I can tell, stats

 

Name: Leif Erikson

Level: -1

Skills: None
Strength: Ultra Low

Mana: None

Endurance: Ultra low

Debuffs: Resistable X 100

 

My eyes twitch, this fucking goddess cursed me with a debuff, my worst trait, and what the hell, I'm level negative one, how is that possible. There is no hope for me here. I basically went from a bad situation to a worst one,*rage building up inside* I started to pull my hair in frustration, I'm about to have a mental breakdown. Alright, settle down Lief, getting frustrated is going to get you nowhere, think about the here and now. 

 

Sure things might be rough, but I can't stay in this negative mindset. I need to stay positive, and power my way through. A new world is awaiting me for me. One that I wished upon, and I won't let such a debuff deteriorate me from living this life to the fullest. I will let this world know who I am, and where I stand, they shall know,*standing close to the end of the ravine lungs filled with air* “I AM LEIF ERIKSON”

 

 

 

18