Chapter 3: A mob is not fast
4.8k 9 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: A mob is not fast

...

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Is anyone in home?" Mom said while knocking the door of our neighbors.

"Coming!" A feminine voice came from inside as soon as my mom called at the door.

*Click*

"Kathy! Nice to see you again!" My mom exclaimed in happiness after seeing her friend and immediately hugged her.

"Julia? What happened to you? It has been really a time since you visited us, I almost thought you forgot about us"

"Oh no, I couldn't. It's just that I have been very busy these years taking care of this scoundrel" My mom placed her hand on my head and started tightening her grip a bit.

"Hm? Oh, so you must be Sid! Nice to meet you little one" She bent down a bit while glancing at me curiously.

"Hi miss" I of course used my special Innocent mob kid face while replying to her.

"Iyah~ he is such a gentleman...but why does he look like he is angry...?"

"Don't mind it, he was just born with a grumpy face, anyways how have you been?"

As both women immersed themselves into their complicated conversation, I just stood there thinking about a way to improve my way of combat to kill more powerful opponents in the future. Currently, I had a great accuracy when it came to shooting projectiles, be it using my hands or using a slingshot. Though it was still far from perfect, in a few years more I can say that it could reach the realm of complete accuracy.

More so if I somehow manage to awake and train my observation haki, that way the probabilities of dying because of a hidden bullet could lessen greatly!

Though, it's easier said than done, even more so when I don't have anyone to teach me nor anyone to whom enter a fight to the death.

So for now, I'll just have to hope that I can awake my observation haki in one of my "training sessions"

Oh, I also forgot to mention it, however, it seems like I was born in Loguetown. The same place where Gol D roger, the Pirate King died!

I once visited the platform of execution, and I must say, it wasn't really that incredible of a place...

At first, I thought it could still have some blood stains from roger, that way it could really be an interesting place. However, It was just a plain platform without any kind of attractive except from the fact that the Pirate King died there. 

When I asked mom what was that platform just for the sake of my own mob like character, she answered that in that place they executed a dangerous criminal that committed many crimes seven years ago. 

So... considering I had 4 years... I guessed I was born three years after Roger's death... 

Neat.

I actually don't remember how many years in the future will the canon start, but by calculating... I can guess that it will start in about twelve or thirteen years later.

So I guess I still have some time for becoming a power in the shadows.

...

"Hahaha, I can't believe you did that! Oh, that's right, where is your son right now Kathy? I want him to be friends with Sid, since he is such a loner and never leaves the house"

"Oh, he is at the park playing with a few friends"

"You heard it Sid, go and make some friends"

"But-"

"Now"

"Sigh... Fine"

As I walked away, I turned to look at the park that was just a few houses away from both of our homes, and saw a group of kids playing together while laughing happily.

Yare yare... I guess my time to shine has arrived...

[Mob-Fu] First series: Mob kid greetings.

"H-heya there, I'm Sid" I said aloud while walking near them

"Hm? Oh, hello"

"C-can I play with you guys? I'm alone since a few minutes and I don't know what to do..."

"Oh, sure. Since you're the new guy you have the tag!" One of the kids said before everyone started running away while laughing happily.

Heh, nailed it. Now I just need to go with the flow.

Hmm... let's be the tag for at least 2 minutes before passing it unto someone else. That way I will be the slowest kid in the group.

"Guys, wait for me~!"

...

°

°

°

[Mob-Fu] First series: Rough Breathing.

"Huff... Huff... Huff"

 Though this technique must seem simple, in reality its complexity is incredibly high, reaching one of the hardest techniques to master in the art of Mob-Fu. Yet one of the most basic techniques to learn.

Maybe the first stages of Rough Breathing can fool the simple mind of a kid making him think you're tired, but when facing a veteran your act will be discovered instantly. That's why the next stages exist. Allowing to control your body to your will, accelerating your heart beat, releasing sweat at will, and even making your muscles tremble as if they couldn't handle more movement. Those are the next stages. Each one made to improve your act and deceive even the most knowledgeable of the experts.

I'm currently on the fifth stage [Accelerating the heart beat]

"Hey there, you seem quite tired" Someone called from behind me.

Seems like I succeeded in fooling them...

When I looked back I saw a good-looking kid with silver hair and red eyes that was looking at me with an expression of worry.

'Iyaah... this kid looks really like a protagonist candidate...'

"Huff... No... huff, I'm ok..."

Before I could say anything more he extended his arm towards me.

"Come on, pass me the tag. I'll follow the other guys while you rest a bit"

"Thank you, though I didn't need it. What's your name by the way?"

"Nael, Swords D Nael. You're Sid right?" 

Damn... This guy even has D in his name... How much of a protagonist can he be?

"Uh... Yeah.."

"Nael, what are you doing there! Come on!" A childish voice came from behind us while I was mid-talking.

When I turned back to see who was talking, I saw a cute girl with long magenta hair that reached her waist. She had porcelain like skin and amethyst like eyes.

Childhood friend huh~? I think I underestimated the protagonistness of this guy...

"Arya! Yeah yeah, wait for a bit. I'm talking to Sid here, don't you see" He then looked at me and extended his hand once again while his eyes kept looking at me like saying "Pass me the tag"

So I only touched his hand briefly and then he started to run towards Arya with a smile on his face.

"Don't let me catch you Arya!"

"Kyaaaaah~!"

And I was left alone in the middle of the park while everyone else ran happily escaping from Nael...

This is...

...

Awesome!

This situation is so Mob like! I don't really think any other development could have ended more Mob like than this.

One more step towards me becoming a great power in the shadows!

Fuck yeah!

Now... what will be my next plan of action...?

°

°

°

Two weeks later...

...

There was another advantage that making friends has given me. 

Normally, I couldn't go outside the house without a proper reason, however, now that I have friends I have a proper reason to leave the house.

So apart from playing with Nael and his friends from time to time, I have also been paying a few visits to the library. With another appearance of course, I don't need my parents to think I'm a prodigy that likes investigating things like navigation, mechanics, medicine, and another few things. Who knows when a gossiping mother will come inside here and see me reading...

Then the next day they could be like: "I saw your son yesterday, and Oh my! He was at the library reading a lot of books!"

That's not very mob like, and thus, not shadow eminence like!

A shadow eminence is called as such because he doesn't stand out. Those who do are simple power-holders.

"Indeed "Shadow eminence" and "Mob" are two sides of the same coin..." I muttered silently while choosing a few books to read.

*Thud*

The table trembled a little after I placed a great amount of books on top of it.

[Martial arts for fools]

[Mechanics, how to create your own mechanism!]

[Medicine, How to know what kind of diseases you are facing, and treat them!]

[Archery: The unknown road to greatness]

[Knife throwing styles]

[Swordsmanship styles: Recognized by the marine]

[Understand the sea better than yourself! Become the perfect navigator]

[1000 recipes for cooking! Become the best chef in just 1000 steps]

[How to...]

Alright, I have gathered enough resources...

Time to become the eminence in the shadows!

...

And that's all for today guys!
I hope you liked it, and if you notice any error with the timeline tell me please before the mistake gets bigger as I write this Fanfic.

Bye bye~

114