Chapter 24: The mob storm is coming
2.8k 7 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24: The mob storm is coming

 

-Three years later.

...

A group of seven people walked across the street in an ordered manner. Each one of them with unique characteristics that made them stand out from all the people around the street, and that made them also unique among their group.

A young man with silver hair and red eyes walked at the front while wearing an energetic smile on his face. He wore a long white coat that reached his knees and a dark shirt inside it. Two long and imposing katanas hanged from his belt at his waist, and a very beautiful golden collar that shone along with the sun hanged from his neck.

This was Swords D Nael. A young man with an incredible talent in the sword, and the dream to become a marine to stop pirates from destroying the lives of the innocent. Also known after his debut as a temporary bounty hunter as "Nael the blade of Light" due to the innumerable amount of good deeds  he has performed around the town and the incredible amount of evil pirates that he has defeated with the use of his swordsmanship style "Luminous sword".

Behind him six people followed with a similar enthusiastic smile on their faces.

These all were also famous Bounty hunters that were also known to be the companions of "Nael The blade of light" as they always helped him in the subjugation of powerful pirates and their crew. With them also being the childhood friends of Nael with whom he trained ever since his childhood in order for them all for becoming marines.

These were:

[Ebony D Arya, The bloody Amethyst]

[Roaredia Eliot, Dreadful Shot]

[Zero Leon, Feral Daggers]

[Petro Aisel, Unmovable man]

[Sorz Rania, The stealthy Death]

[Exsi Rory, The mad Gun]

These people were the center of attention of everyone on the street, as only their aura exuded a great amount of mightiness and power for all those around them to feel, leaving the masses flabbergasted at the spectacle.

"Hmm?"

Nael suddenly stopped walking and turned around to look behind him. A movement that all of his childhood friends did as well at the same time as him.

"Sid, what the heck are you doing so far behind? Come join us or you might get lost in the middle of this giant crowd of people" Nael suddenly shouted to a young man walking several meters away from the group.

Yes, in fact this group was supposed to be conformed of 8 members, however, one of them seemed to have passed unnoticed by the crowd surrounding them, at least until that moment...

"Er... I was just lost in thought, sorry Nael"

"Don't worry, just increase the pace or we might not be able to make it in time before the examination begins!"

"...Yes..."

With a completely dark hair that covered most of his forehead, and reddish-brown eyes that seemed to lack any luster within them. This was Sid, the ever-frowning mob character that sometimes tagged along the group only to watch how they captured pirates with their incredible abilities.

With his back a little hunched, and his hair sometimes covering his eyes, he was the most average existence in this group of incredible people, without any talent in special and no characteristics that made him stand out from the rest except from his ever going grumpy expression. He was the only normal person that walked within the group.

...

Or not?

°

°

°

Sid POV:

...

'[Mob-Fu] Third series: Unnoticeable presence'

As I walked from behind Nael's group, I decided to activate my special technique for moments like these when all the attention of the public was gonna concentrate on my friends.

Unlike most of the ninja techniques I have read on those fan fictions at my previous world, this technique didn't work by making my presence so thin that the other person could not be able to notice me. No, this technique worked instead by changing my aura to become so Mob that the brain of the other people could just discard me as an unimportant existence, and ignore me completely right at the moment it noticed me, thus making the surrounding people to not notice my presence at all.

Sadly, this technique has some flaws in it, and one of them is that if you're related somehow to a protagonist in the surroundings then-

"Sid, what the heck are you doing so far behind? Come join us or you might get lost in the middle of this giant crowd of people!" Nael shouted to me as I was lost in my thoughts while making myself unnoticeable to the surrounding people. Revealing like that my existence to the crowd, and accidentally highlighting it as "some strange guy that tags along with the cool guys"

"Er... I was just lost in thought, sorry Nael"

"Don't worry, just increase the pace or we might not be able to make it in time before the examination begins!"

"...Yes..."

Today was the day we all agreed upon to go and join the marines for once and for all, as we were all 16 years old by now. Which by the way was the legal age to join the marines officially.

The process for examination was fairly simple, You were asked to show your combat abilities against an instructor in order to determinate the level of strength you currently had to grant you a higher rank in the marines the more powerful you were.

Of course, there were limits on how many ranks you could skip no matter how powerful you were, as you needed to be sometime inside the marine and gather achievements in order to ascend into higher ranks. With the highest rank achievable being Seaman first class, Seaman Apprentice the second, and Seaman Recruit being last and lowest rank you can achieve in this examination.

Ranks above these are too many for me to even try to remember, but if you're curious then you can visit the wiki of the marines in One piece wiki.

Not that I'll even try to become something above Seaman in the first place.

Because being a mob was my goal and my objective, I could only aim to achieve the most perfect average result on this exam! Becoming a worthy future power in the shadows depended on this after all.

To not stand out, and to not aim for anything above what I currently am... That's my Mob way.

Prepare yourself instructor... Because at the moment we cross swords you will be incredibly amazed at how disappointed you will actually be!

"Uoooh, I'm fired up!!!" I tightened the grip in my fist and gritted my teeth in anticipation to showing my incredible mob techniques to the instructor.

"That's good Sid, that's the spirit!" Nael that saw the fire of determination behind my eyes raised his fist and smiled in encouragement at my excitement.

...


To become a mob, that's MC way.

I finally revealed the names of the childhood friends of Nael group! So I guess they have been promoted out of the rank of mob character.

That's all for today as I have to go and take a bath before sleeping.

This godly body isn't maintained by just writing guys :)

Anyways, goodbye.

76