Chapter 36: The mob must become a stronger
2.4k 7 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36: The mob must become a stronger

...

The sounds of swords clashing against each other, and guns shooting from time to time could be heard on top of a marine ship as it moved slowly towards the horizon.

*Clang!*

"Agh!"

*Thud!*

Suddenly, a black haired youth fell on his knees right after clashing swords with someone who seemed to be his superior, and started gasping heavily for air while his whole back got covered in sweat. His reddish-brown eyes were completely unfocussed and cloudy, probably due to the intense training he was receiving, and his bones creaked from time to time whenever he tried standing up.

"Huff...Puff... Please wait... sir... let me.... rest" 

"Huuuh?! Do you think you have an option here?! We are heading towards Arabasta Kingdom right now, you know where that place even is...? Well, let me tell you... Is the GRAND LINE, even the weakest pirate in that sea could rip any of you all apart easily! You and your group have been selected to accompany captain smoker on this quest, and I'm gonna make all of you to become proper marines before we arrive to our destiny, BY. ANY. MEANS...you hear me?!"

"Y-yes..."

"I DON'T HEAR YOU!"

"Huff... YES SIR!!"

"Good, go and take a rest. Aveir, it's your turn now!"

"N-no, sir, I bet Sid can still continue!"

"It's. your. turn. now" The instructor smiled at Aveir with narrowed eyes as he picked up his training sword once again and started hitting his palm with it while wearing an impatient look in his face.

Aveir, turned to look at the now resting black haired youth with an expression full of desperation, however, for a small moment he managed to notice a small grin full of ridicule in the face of the seemingly tired black haired youth called Sid.

"You...!"

However, just as he was about to start yelling the black haired youth, the hand of the instructor suddenly grabbed his shoulder and started squeezing it with great strength.

"Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow!"

"Enough! You're coming with me whether you like it or not!"

"Nooooooooooo!"

As the blond haired Aveir was dragged away while his nails left a trail on the wooden floor, The youth called Sid soon picked up a book from his backpack and started writing things there while looking at his surroundings from time to time.

°

°

°

Sid POV:

As I watched Aveir being dragged away by the instructor in order to train, a small smile full of contempt rose on my face, involuntary.

As my group and I were selected to accompany Smoker on his journey towards Arabasta in order to capture Luffy, we were also submitted under an incredibly harsh and extreme training in order for us to become "strong" enough to be able to face the dangerous pirates that live in the Grand Line.

Me included of course.

And honestly, this situation made me reach a new level of enlightenment on the path of a Shadow eminence.

Even though I have been living under the path of a mob through all my life, now I have understood that maybe the path of a mob is in reality many paths under of same kind of objective.

Not standing out.

Which means that my mob status is not bound to just being weak. As long as I do not stand out, I will still be a mob. And this leads me to another philosophical phrase that I just created.

A mob is not determined by the people, a mob is determined by its environment.

If I'm in an environment where all the people are insanely strong, I will need to have a certain level of strength in order to not stand out, yet, if I go to another environment where all people are weak as fuck, all I need to do is not to do anything flashy and they won't even notice me.

This example is very similar to my situation right now, I always lived in the part of the sea where all people are weak as fuck. However, now that I'm moving towards Arabasta, I'm required to reach a certain level of strength in order to perform my role as a mob character in this new and more hostile place. Otherwise, I will be disposed for being too weak, and I will become a character with no relation to the story, or also called an off-screen character.

Which it's not the mob that I aspire to be. Because I wish to be part of the act of this story, and I wish to perform the role of a background character. This is completely unnaceptable.

Thus, I'm now "Training" In order to become "stronger" for the sake of keeping my role of a mob.

"Sigh... who thought that being a mob was so hard."

...

Finally, after I was left alone, I took out my annotation book in order to think how to develop further my next project to become a worthy Shadow eminence.

This was a new Idea inspired by the soon-to-be created Pacifista cyborg series, a new type of cyborg with incredible combat abilities built in the mold of the Warlord Bartholomew Kuma, a once very vicious pirate known as the "Tyrant" that was turned into a human weapon by the famous doctor Vegapunk and acquired a cyborg like state, only to be later replicated into dozens of cyborg clones by the acronym of [PX-(Number)] each.

Too bad that in the end he ended up becoming a complete-cyborg in the end, losing his will and emotions as a human in the process.

Sorry for the spoiler.

The idea was to create cyborg-clones of me that could replace me whenever I'm needed in another place. However, this idea has many flaws and problems that rise whenever I make a breakthrough in the invention. Be it the fact that the cyborgs won't have "will", thus they also won't have any Haki for strong people to feel, which will expose the poor cyborg as a non living-being, and leave him completely at mercy of the strong person.

I can already imagine the situation...

°

"Alright, I convoked you all here marines in order to go and capture... Huh? You there... you're not human!"

*Ptchk!*

Soon, the body of the Cyborg falls to the ground after having its nucleus pierced mercilessly, and starts twitching while the energy on its body escapes instantly.

"It must have been a robot spy from an enemy organization" The strong marine ponders deeply while eyeing the corpse of the cyborg.

"It can't be!"

"Sid was a robot?!"

"I knew no normal human could be so normal!"

°

Thus ending my career as a mob in the marine.

Besides, there's also the problem of the Sid Cyborgs being completely expressionless and unable to feel pain or any other emotion. Which makes him only another lame robot that just follows orders, like the pacifista series, but with my face.

I need to make them appear to be me, and act like me at anytime in any situation when they are needed. Which for now probes to be impossible for the time being, as they can only act as expressionless robots unable to do anything else but follow the most basic orders.

For the time being it is...

So, aside from going to Arabasta in order to participate in another very important event for the story, it's also for exploring new ways to develop this new cyborg series. Be it a new metal that doesn't exist in any other sea except from the grand line, a new source of energy that gives the capacity of making proper judgements to the cyborgs, or even new knowledge for me to absorb and integrate to my creations.

Besides, I already created the [Shadow-crows] Series, which act pretty much like any other crow except for the fact that they can shoot lasers from their mouths, reach super high speeds while flying if needed, and crush giant boulders by attacking with their peak. So, creating a cyborg-human being isn't completely impossible either.

Maybe Arabasta and its enormous library might have the solution to my problems? I don't think they will mind if I borrow some of their books while they are not looking...

"Huehuehuehe..."

...

" Hey, what's with him? Why is he laughing like that?"

"I don't know, he is always like that, just leave him alone and he will go back to being normal in no time"

"Oh"

...


Sorry for not uploading, I'm busy playing minecraft with my homies UnU

62