Chapter 65: Luffy meets Asura
1.8k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65: Luffy meets Asura


...

After Sid finished fighting against the mysterious man, he went back to the village and reunited with his crew, who were resting for a bit after having dealt with all of the cultists of this island. 

Kuina, who was reading a book once again while sitting on top of a rock, turned to look at him and inferred that the battle must have already ended.

The others soon noticed him as well, and soon, they went back to the ship to discuss what to do from now on, while Hiriluk took care of the natives with his medical skills.

It wasn't long before all of them were sitting around a very big table and looking at Sid with serious eyes waiting for him to explain what he discovered.

And as expected, Sid soon opened his mouth and started explaining everything while his crimson-colored eyes glowed inside his mask and looked at his companions with an impassive expression.

"I managed to discover a few things during my fight against the leader of the Cultists. First of all, my supposition seemed to be right, and the Anomaly seems to be hiding inside an island whose location is currently unknown. Even for me, discovering where it is it's an impossible task... At least for the time being that is. The current situation asks me to learn and understand an ancient language lost in time that will help me understand where current the location of that island is... However, for me to learn that language, I will have to look for the last person that knows how to read it and learn it. This may take time, but when I do, we will strike and end this matter once and for all"

Everyone had complicated expressions on their eyes, as it seemed that they failed once again in finding the Anomaly. However, they still discovered extremely important information about where it is located and managed to set a path that would surely guide them towards their enemy.

In the end, they sighed in exhaustion and nodded their head lightly in understanding.

However, when they actually thought that Sid had already finished speaking, he opened his mouth once again and his tone became colder than before.

"The second thing that I managed to discover is that it seems like the Anomaly actually has been all these years gathering Life force from the living beings on this planet to speed up his awaken and begin with the destruction of this world. This island was ONE of the spots where he collected lifeforce by making the villagers kill anyone that entered here and sacrifice them to gather that strange energy. This means two things, one, If he has been gathering energy during all these 20 years, then it's probable that he will awaken soon. And secondly... there is a big possibility that there might be even more places like this one where Evil cultists had taken control and killed everyone around. And most probably they are even stronger than the ones from this island as well... Which means......"

"That we will have to destroy them in order to slow down the process of the Anomaly's awaken so that we can find it on time" Kayn, who was looking at his weapon while listening to Sid, finished what he was about to say.

Everyone gripped their weapons and looked solemnly at the map at the center of the ship, thinking how many islands had been already taken over without them even knowing. Their grip over their weapons tightened harshly as their fighting spirit seemed to have been ignited immediately after hearing that news.

Sid stood up from his spot and raised his hand high into the air before he raised his voice and commanded everyone around with eyes filled with majesty.

"As soon as Hiriluk comes back, we will depart from this island and begin with the Hunt!!"

""Yes!!""

°

°

°

-A few days later...

Water 7, Galley-La company.

...

An enormous figure was walking in the middle of the street, followed by dozens of marines who looked at his back with gazes filled with respect.

Everyone around him was incredibly surprised at his appearance, after all, he was no one other than the legendary Hero of the Marines, Garp the fist!

His name was legendary, and his strength was on par with his title as well. Even the fiercest of pirates could be decimated by him easily thanks to his powerful attacks, not to mention, that he himself in the past had put the Pirate King in many hardships.

Behind him, three figures walked calmly while looking at their surroundings with a small curiosity evident in their eyes, the one at the left had pink-colored hair, while the one in the middle had completely white hair, and finally, the one at the right had long blond hair. And although two of them had certainly a bit of a cheerful attitude in their current situation, the one in the middle certainly didn't seem to be pleased about the current situation.

"Asura-san, as we told you before, we could like for you to judge Luffy-san's personality first before attacking him just because he is a pirate" The pink-haired guy, who was none other than Coby, whispered at Asura, who was standing next to him, with evident concern in his eyes.

Helmeppo, who was standing beside Asura as well, listened to the conversation but didn't say anything in the end as he too did feel a bit worried about what would Asura do to Straw-hat just because he is a pirate.

He had heard stories everywhere about how Asura murders the pirates he finds everywhere, and honestly, they seem more like terror stories that parents tell to their children.

His fame has already spread far into all the seas, as he moves rapidly between islands killing pirates without remorse. And when he thinks that every time Asura leaves without leaving a trail, he must be killing pirates sanguinarily, he ends up shivering in fear.

"I will do what I can... Whether he is a pirate worth killing or not, depends on him" Asura's red eyes glowed terrifyingly as he glanced at a certain house in the distance where all the Straw-hats were currently staying. This made Helmeppo and Coby to gulp unintentionally in nervousness, after all, they didn't want Luffy to be killed here, but they knew that he wasn't a bad person like many other pirates around the seas.

"Luffy may be a bit reckless, but he is indeed a good kid Asura... Killing everyone just because they share the same title is something you need to stop doing, as everyone in the world have their own stories and not everyone is a bad person" Garp looked at Asura and tried to convince him from not doing anything against his grandson because of his prejudice against Pirates. However, Asura just stayed silent as his impassive face looked forward without minding Garp's advice.

*Sigh*

'In the case, things get too dangerous I guess I will have to take him down on my own, Bwahahahaha!' Garp laughed in his mind and continued walking calmly towards the house where all the Straw-hats were currently resting.

"You three wait for me here" He talked to the three marines and then continued walking towards the house, this time alone.

""Yes!"" Helmeppo and Coby nodded in affirmation while Asura just stayed silent and started observing everything inside with narrowed eyes.

*Boooom!!!*

"Where is Monkey D Luffy?!"

Garp punched the wall of the house and made an impressive entrance while asking about his grandson, startling the present members of the Straw-hat crew, and also making the marines at the back sweatdrop at the unnecessary action of their Vice-admiral.

The straw-hats who were completely stunned by the sudden apparition of a marine, and Garp of all persons, suddenly became awestruck when they noticed that Garp had disappeared from where he had been standing a second ago, and reappeared right in front of Luffy before punching his head and nailing him to the ground.

"Wake up Luffy!!"

*Bam!!!*

"Luffy!" Chopper exclaimed in worry, while Sanji, who was completely dumbfounded by the speed exerted by Garp, just prepared himself to fight right away.

"Iyaaaaah!!! It hurtssss...!!!"

As Luffy finally woke up from his slumber of two days after being dangerously injured, he looked around to find the culprit and teach him a lesson. However, when he saw the face of his grandpa looking at him from above with a pissed-off expression, his angry face turned into one full of terror.

"G-grandpa?!!"

The straw-hats were immediately shocked by this revelation, as well as the marines from outside the house who didn't know that Monkey D Luffy was actually Garp's grandson.

Soon, Garp started nagging Luffy for committing so many crimes against the world government and gave him a few punches in the head as punishment.

While all this was happening, suddenly from the back of the lines of marines, Zoro managed to get his way back and saw the impressive numbers of marines standing outside the house where all his teammates were resting, this made him have a bad feeling, and soon he started beating down every marine in the place in order to make way towards the house and help Luffy and the others.

Garp and the straw-hats, who had already understood that Garp wasn't an enemy, went outside to see what was happening and saw Zoro beating down everyone in his way rapidly.

Garp smirked and looked at Coby and Helmeppo with a challenging gaze before he opened his mouth and spoke loudly.

"Both of you, go and take care of it"

""Yes sir!""

"Oi Zoro, there's no need to fight, they are-"

Just as Luffy was going to go and stop his crewmate, Coby appeared in front of him and kicked him heavily on the chin, making Luffy fly away a few meters before he recovered from the Kick and looked angrily at the now changed Coby without recognizing him.

"Bastard!"

"Soru"

Coby's body moved swiftly and reappeared behind Luffy, ready to kick him once again. However, Luffy was still several times stronger than him, and soon blocked his kick and pinned him down on the ground.

Zoro on the other hand, had a short duel against Helmeppo and his knives before he too defeated him and cornered him against the wall without effort.

Garp saw this and laughed heartily seeing that both Coby and Helmeppo lasted so short against Luffy and his friend.

"Bwahahaha!! You did not last even a second!!" 

"You're still so strong Luffy-san!" Coby smiled and praised his friend, after all, even after training like crazy under Garp, he was still far from reaching Luffy's power.

"Hmm... Who are you?" Luffy did not recognize him, after all, his appearance was incredibly different from the time they met. Coby had grown taller and his face way less... well, round.

Anyone could say that if not for his pink hair, no one could know that these two people were actually the same person.

Soon enough, Coby was recognized by Luffy and Zoro, while Helmeppo was just shrugged aside without a care, which angered him slightly.

When everyone was talking happily about what they have been doing all these months, from behind the group they all felt an incredibly sharp and piercing gaze. Which made Zoro and Luffy look back with serious gazes at the source of that gaze, ready to fight at any moment.

It was the first time they felt such a murderous gaze aiming at them.

A few meters away from the group, stood the silent Asura who was looking at Luffy, Zoro, and the rest of the straw-hats with a sharp gaze in his red eyes. He was grabbing tightly the short sword on his hand, as if ready to pounce at them at any moment.

Coby who saw this immediately tried to stop Asura and calm him down. However, unexpectedly for him, Garp stopped him and looked ahead with serious eyes.

"Though he might look like he will kill them at any moment, he looks far worse when really dealing with pirates... I believe he is testing them. In the worst case, I will stop them before anything bad happens."

"B-but Garp-san..."

Coby spoke with obvious concern in his voice, but as if his opinion didn't matter, Asura soon started moving and moved rapidly towards the straw-hats with crimson-glowing eyes.

[Blood Turrent!]

...


I was watching a clip of the reverie, and saw many crows and ravens flying besides Mary Geoise appear in the scene where all the Kings reunited... would this mean that Thanatos is a real thing, and even I don't know about it?!

As expected from a shadow eminence, he is even out of the Author's control. Invading the real story without even me noticing.

I guess Sid has grown too powerful *Sigh...*

Anyways, that's all for today.

See you later guys!

38